Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by twiki, Jan 10, 2014.

1. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Why would you do that?o_O

2. phil

phil Well-Known Member

I wondered why people, including me, obsessively try to save more than 3450 clones on an Android phone.
    So I found an answer for myself, and it had nothing to do with fun anymore :smilingimp:
    Atmospheric impressions and life time got lost, to say the least.

3. Straitorden

Straitorden Well-Known Member

The correct answer, Phil, - it's better to save them on iPhone)

<|-|!<0, n0phun and phil like this.
  4. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

No wonder why I noticed a blank column! I was trying to figure out who briefly but couldn't figure out, but heck, I just thought when I work on the spreadsheet again I'll restore the scores in that column.

phil, will you be re - inserting your scores again? If not I will take away the entire column and give up the slot there.

Sure, ShiV, drop me your Gmail and I'll definitely make sure your awesome clone counts stay awesome! :mrgreen:

5. phil

phil Well-Known Member

No, I won't be inserting scores there again.
    I prefer watching ShiV etc. take over the hall of fame.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  6. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Well, u had day noon and there were max scores reached that won't show anymore.

Well done, you ruined the spreadsheet Phil!!:rage: lol

Well, you passed that point long time ago, when you reached 3000 +. To go beyond that you have to have a very unhealthy obssession with the game and saving clones.

I'll just ask you to leave the scores where you hold the record in the spreadsheet.

7. phil

phil Well-Known Member

You can insert what you want. I just saved 50 clones in Spinner (unfortunately 1 got left behind at the beams, I saved 19 in Cloneblower instead). Maybe I'll make a video next time for my therapist (he also has an Android phone, but never believed in that clone thing I told him about)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  8. Straitorden

It's true, the point of 3,000 clones was such irrevocable gate, through which you can pass actually once. I was thinking a few days whether or not to proceed. And in the end decided to get a couple of clones, and then they stretched themselves. For Phil, if I remember correctly, it was only a couple of months ago. Then he moved very rapidly

9. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

r u guys ok?

10. phil

phil Well-Known Member

Yeah, could hardly imagine to reach the 3 kilos of clones back then. A few months later I decided to give up drinking and save clones.
    Well, honestly: I feel lucky for having screwed up Shields at the last lazer with a lot of clones, because i realized that my scores are not representative for most gamers devices and operating systems.

11. phil

phil Well-Known Member

Fun fact: I play with a broken screen since about a year.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  12. Straitorden

Do not exactly know, Chico. Badlalnd is strangely arranged, not like other games. When I first went through all the levels and decided to slightly improve the results on each of them, I was surprised to find that I can enter the list of 100 top players on iOS. You had to gain a little more than 1900 clones to do this on those days (there was no package Daydream). Then, since the clones were collected easily enough, I felt a desire to enter the list of 50 players, then 20, 15, 10 and finally 5 (simultaneously, it was found that there is a counting system not only on iOS but also on other systems). Why was it possible in Badland but not in other games I don't know. For some reason not so many people want to save clones. Maybe we're all a little clonedependent?) My girlfriend thinks that this game is actually created for men (she sees a little Freudian roots in all these similar clones, which at the end of each level fly into the saving tube). Maybe it's even in some sense right, don't know. Probably Badland needs some beautiful story, not only these aesthetically perfect impeccable levels.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  13. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

well, not smoking crack helps a lot.

14. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

U're shitting me are you philo_O:(

Nah, I understand. You're right in some ways. Thought about what the hell I was doing sometimes as well, sometimes it looked there was or is no joy in it anymore. The next day however I enjoy it again, can't put it away just yet. But it is addictive for sure, not all that healthy all the time perhaps :P

Btw I still do remember 3000 clones, was just a few weeks back (on Android that is:smilecat: thought I'd get that score above 3000 as well just for the sake of doing it). But indeed, 3000 clones on my Windows Phone I barely remember, 2500 I do, even that wasn't that long back. September I did my 2500th clone, 2 months later when I joined here I believe I had something like 3200 already :| My Android screen has been broken for over 2 years already btw as well, even got insurance for it but still need to get it repaired... Used to be a bigger problem as it is now, now I have a different phone it's fine if the other one's gone for a while.

I understand why you did that btw phil, even your clonecount at the sheet, even though I hoped that wouldn't be neceserry. But why also clean out everything on youtube :( All your runs, comments etc, gone. So those runs in the spreadsheet have to change as well now :(

50 Spinner / 19 Cloneblower :| Jeez, wrong moment to have quit :P

For the spreadsheet's sake: These were the scores phil had no other did:

• Day 1 - Noon
      Revolver - 54
      Gears - 35
      Spinner - 44
    • Day 1 - Night
      Squared - 62
    • Day 2 - Dawn
      Loco - 61
    • Day 2 - Noon
      Sewers - 40

15. phil

phil Well-Known Member

1. You have the better runs/videos, ShiV
    2. @chic0: if I smoked crack (wrong talking point here, I guess. Sorry.), I would have saved 41 in 1 try at Sewers and I'm glad I didn't.
    3. Cleaning out the stuff is just a very personal decision, I will not get lost in details. Also I never wanted to debase anyones progress or clone record. Keep on cloning the way it's
    comfortable to you :)
    4. It's just a game

16. FBI Light Rock

phil, if it's ok with you, i have an idea.

I will put your records in the spreadsheet, BUT I will hide your records. That way no one can see them except me (Because even those who are given rights to edit the spreadsheet can't unhide columns. This way we still know the highest clone records for some of those levels in which you alone held the record (which only those who lurk the forums will know it is you who achieved, others will have totally no idea where those records came from).

Is this arrangement ok?

17. phil

phil Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's ok.

18. FBI Light Rock

Great, thanks for all your hours dedicated to this awesome game, your clone records will go down a long way in encouraging clone savers to go to even greater heights! :) Guess we shall bid farewell for now, but whenever you're ready to be back, drop us a few records and we'll definitely feel your presence again!

To everyone else, phil's records are back, but no one will be able to see them. So if there are no grey or black cells for that row, you know who held the record. :mrgreen:

19. phil

phil Well-Known Member

50 in Spinner and 19 in Cloneblower were too easy, so I saved 102 in React (tho it shouldn't be max)
    Next week I'll try 43 in Sewers, I think..why not

20. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

FBI light rock, i have the feeling Phil is trolling.

I wouldn't put the results he is saying in the spreadsheet.

phil and n0phun like this.