Bodyparts

Discussion in 'DOOMSDAY' started by Wheat1328, Apr 24, 2014.

1. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Got 105 yesterday, and just ruined a 108 run (had all of them wrapped but screwed up at the gravitational canon). But indeed, it seems like speed is the big factor here, trying to go in at neutral speed (so neutral after you took the speedup right before the wrapping part) seems to work best, before the wrapping starts most of your clones will then be in.

Should be possible to miss another size-up powerup, if you're really lucky maybe even 120+ could work, but guess your 115 is way more possible at best.

2. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

In my experience, the right speed is just one speed slower than normal. I go with this speed all the time and got my current 105 last time. I usually dodge the Fast power up just before the part with the shrinking (and then enlarging back to normal) saws.

I think there's no point dodging any more than what we currently do. Overall in this level before the wrapping part, we can dodge all but 3 Big power-ups. 2 of them are at the part just after the spinning portal (and before the shrinking saws), although Chico proved that one of them there is also dodge-able (though much harder than the rest). The last one is with another 2 Big power-ups at the part with the bouncing laser. However, any smaller and the laser drill would probably not be maneuverable. (I'm already a lot of trouble maneuvering the laser drill at that size!)

3. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

It is possible to move the laser drill with taking just 2 size-ups, as I have tried it. But therefor you'll have to miss that size-up chico did, which is a pain in the :ugeek: to miss. But, it is possible.

One speed slower works, and should be enough, but the last few tries I did were at normal speed and I noticed the wrapping worked out a lot faster and better. Then again, each his own, what works for me doesn't have to for you and the other way around;)

4. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

This probably make it easier

5. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Sorry for the late reply @<|-|!<0, yeah that helps :) Even though I think without missing the second one it's slow enough, missing 1 extra size-up helps more :).

Grmbl, just ruined a 110-run. Got 10 through the wrapping-part, unfortunately 1 got stuck just before entering the canon part, then 1 got blown into pieces by the canon. Still would've given me 108, your record, but then another one got stuck somewhere, didn't notice that damn it. Wanted to record how I did it anyhow but unfortunately made a little mistake with that >.<

On the other hand, found a way more easy way in skipping that first size-up you see in your above video, where you miss both time-speed accelerators, the one you also skipped in your 108-run. Will show that later when I do break that record ;P

6. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Break it away. Theoretically this level allows 115+ runs.

7. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Few tips on making it better possible to achieve higher clonecounts in Bodyparts. First part shows how it's a whole lot easier to skip the first size-up after those two speed-time accelerators. By flying into the lower pointy object you already attract the size-up, then try to jump over it. Second part shows how the wrapping part (that always is a tricky one when you're small) seems to not be such a pain in the a... After you fly into the sticky thing, drop on the moving object, with some luck it looks to wrap the sticky things in a pretty good way. Last part shows that it's possible to not only skip one size-up and one of two speed-time accelerators, but even more. In my opinion, with some luck and skill, it should perhaps even be possible to skip all four powerups there.

<|-|!<0 likes this.
  8. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Smooth

9. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Just for the fun of it :mrgreen:

10. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Little extra information: Yesterday I managed to skip both size-ups at the part you see in the video 3 posts above. So only took 1 size-up in total before I was attached to the sticky ball/laser. By missing just 1 size-up from start you WON'T be able to get towards the size-down when you're attached to that thing. If you start off flying it looks a bit like this but soon enough you'll crash to the floor. It won't happen, or you should make some sort of stairs out of the rocks you zapp away with the lasers, what in my eyes is impossible. So minimum size possible before hopping on that thing is when you take all size-downs, and skip all but 2 size-ups.

11. Straitorden

Straitorden Well-Known Member

It's quite difficult to wrap up more than 8-9 clones in the wrapping part. For me – I could not ever wrap up more than 10 clones in this part – attempts for 12, 14, 15 and 18 (the maximum that I managed to get before it) were completely unsuccessful. Nevertheless 11-12 is quite possible, as for 15 if all the clones will be close to each other in one group. Still theoretically it allows 115+..

12. Straitorden

Straitorden Well-Known Member

Assuming of course that all of them will be successfully unwrapped and pass the canon part without loss.. So, 112+ seems for me more realistic..

13. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Since your 109-run I thought that trying to go in at the wrapping part with neutral speed might not really be necessary, since you did it 1 slower. Yet yesterday I managed to get 20 clones up until the wrapping part, and with numbers like that I think being at normal speed is better. This since I actually even got a lot of the clones wrapped, but still was too slow with a number of them, those interfered with my wrapping and got everything unwrapped again, leaving, well, none :( I think there might have been a better chance while being one speed up, so neutral.

(Had this happen a couple of times this week, with 17-20 clones past the saws dang it ;P).