BADLAND Level Editor beta testing feedback

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Jaakko, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

2 bugs tonight :

When I work in this view (screenshot 1), and then I click Play button :
    . The last element that I moved is transparent (2nd element that is in the left list of the screenshot 1 is transparent on screenshot 2)

image.jpg image.jpg

When I make a selection with a part of the top background, there is a Contraption that appears on screen but I never click to integrate it (screen 3 and 4)
    When I delete it, the selection that I make is deleted too (screen 5)
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

I've got a insect collection of bugs tonight
    My level in competition involving Clony in a vehicle (highly inspired by Greatland by @Olivier, "Into the Dark", other similar one tap games, and Star Wars) has a bucketload of logic attached to it that creates hours of circuit building for a screen of the level.
    image.jpg
    For example

However this brings out some bugs I didn't see before:
    --1. Creating a vehicle and attaching it to the clone, and having on/off things connected to certain parts of the vehicle doesn't carry over from one checkpoint to the next, specifically the logic attached to items on the vehicle. One specific example is a laser is attached to this ship. When I press, the laser is turned on, let go, it turns off. This turning on and off of the laser attached to the ship doesn't carry over from one checkpoint to the next. Same with the physics staying on after being turned on after starting off. Same with an emitter.
    --2. With this many logic items on screen, connecting icons does not work backwards. I cannot connect from the left grey rectangle of an icon to the icon previous
    --3. I activated "camera does not kill" then panned forward for effect to show the impeding traps. The screen doesn't fade to black, meaning the clone must not die, but I use "cut here" to get back to the initial position and the moment it gets to the clone, it dies unexplainable. Any other method to pan back to the clone results in killing the clone when it sees it again, rendering "camera does not kill" useless, yet it works while not on the clone itself.
    --4. Flying this ship for long period of time causes the screen to sway left and right, sometimes killing the clone when big enough. Or just tapping really fast causes the screen to slow down. Flying is regulated by the pressing to go up (using arrow joint and motor enabled) and letting go to go down.
    --5. The game lags significantly in the editor itself, but when played, it works fine
    --6. "Cut here" "smooth" panning backwards is incredibly slow.

3. Vicvic91

I'm having few bugs too with my ship ...

. When I use filter, then I try my level : all my filters are reinitialized then
    . I have (a very big) lot of particules in my levels : some of them don't appears and the game played lagg in part of level where there is most of my particles

Ater 5 hours debugging my ship, I think I have a version that can work, hope it will be great to play !

4. Vicvic91

Noooooo !

I can't publish my level :(
    image.jpg

I've tried to simplify all possible, deleting most of the particles...
    But nothing change, impossible to publish my level !

After 2 days working on it, I'm tired.
    Think that my level only go to be a gosth level...

:( :( :(

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  5. Flamingjazz

@Vicvic91 try playing through your level again. If your game lags AT ANY point, you have too many physical objects in that area.
    It's only saying performance issues because playing through had some sort of lag or graphics error. Check both.
    You'll figure it out. Waiting to try the level when you do.

6. Vicvic91

I try...

But it's all my spaship way that lag...
    Grrrrr !

Tonight I will reprogram-it, whitout many physical objects !

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  7. Vicvic91

Today morning, on my bus going to my work, I meet a Badland player killing his clones on a Doomsday level.

Ahah !
    Badland is everywhere ! :)

Miikka and Jaakko like this.
  8. Miikka

Miikka Elite Member Moderator

Oh man :(

Usually this is the cause of two (or more) physical objects glitching with each other. This might happen if you have lot of jointed objects close together and colliding. One way to avoid this is to disable collisions with all the jointed obstacles. (Try to de-activate all "Hit Dynamic" from the obstacles if possible)

9. Vicvic91

No, it doesn't work.
    Trying tonight break this part of my level, so the only choice I have is to erase this part and recreate a new one without my system

I'm so disapointed.
    This part was so good to play...

:(

10. Vicvic91

20m to re-create...
    I have to find a new idea to make my ship flying...

:( :( :(

11. Johannes

Johannes Well-Known Member Staff Member Frogmind

I can feel your pain :/

We need to add an indicator to the test level phase to show when there is a performance problem in the level to make it easier to find the problem. Trying to add this already in the next update.

Is the level all the time laggy or just occasionally?

12. Vicvic91

Can I send you my level ?

13. Vicvic91

Always time.
    But I know what, because there is too much phisical objects on this part...

But when Make it non-physical, the gameplay don't work :/

14. Johannes

Johannes Well-Known Member Staff Member Frogmind

Please send

15. Vicvic91

I just send you an email.
    All the part after the spaceship lagg.
    I have try to desable physical on some part of the "tunnel", and next when Clony is outside of the ship in the tunnel too.
    But with that :
    . tunnel is like a "ghost" with the ship
    . some part with physical-off make a broken way to clony to pass it

Thanks for your help !

16. Vicvic91

Bug in "My Levels" folder : missing a lot of my levels, I see only the 3 last.

(iPhone and iPad) image.jpg

17. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

When i try to delete an entire word in the level rename text field at once [using a jailbreak tweak called SwipeExpander], the game crashes straight away.

18. Miikka

Miikka Elite Member Moderator

Hey @FBI Light Rock , Thanks for report. Current write system works only with simple letter input or delete. We don't have SwipeExpander in any device here so it's going to be hard for us to catch the bug.

I hope you did not lose the level you were editing? And are you able to change the level name if you don't use entire word delete?

19. Flamingjazz

Well hello @FBI Light Rock :)
    New to this editor or been at it a while? Nice to see you again:)

20. Vicvic91

Well...

Thanks @Miikka @Johannes @Flamingjazz for your tips !

I work all the last 3 hours to reorganise my level... And I can publish it ! :)
    I take more time to polish my level, but I think it will be online tonight :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.