BADLAND Level editor & Level world feedback & suggestions

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Jaakko, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Miikka

Miikka Elite Member Moderator

Very small amount of people in Level World make coop levels so that's why it's currently left out.

2. Super zwerver

Super zwerver Well-Known Member

Ok, i understand. Thank you for the reaction :)

3. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Can you make Coop version of the Eternal Day levels too ? :)

Super zwerver likes this.
  4. Miikka

It's not on a task list. And probably not coming.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  5. bumfo

bumfo Member

So why can't I see what value it is? Unless I select it, but it's not possible when testing levels. This wasn't true before update 3.1. [​IMG]

6. bumfo

bumfo Member

And, it's hard to select objects in a group since you get stucked by the move/rotate controller. Could there be an option to allow us to select objects only, without being disturbed by the controllers?

7. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

You can simply click any blank space in your level to cancel the controller and then click on the other object you desire to edit. Repeat if you still didn't select the right object.

The only thing is, sometimes I really wish for a ZOOM function to precisely select objects, as well as perfectly aligning them.

8. Super zwerver

Yes, good idea the zoom function!

FBI Light Rock likes this.
  9. Super zwerver

frogmind,
    I have found an issue in the level editor. When i do this image.png and try to test my level, the app goes off. When i open the app again and i want to go further with the level i want to make, i cant openen it anymore. Please can you help me with this issue, because I cant open a big level of me anymore.

Attached Files:

10. Vicvic91

Seems that the edition of a Screenshot when you publish a level/update is not possible in the replay video :
    . when you died in the replay, you have to restart the valodation of the level

Hope it will be fixed in the next update ! :)

11. Super zwerver

I hope that they do. I spended a month on that level and i liked to make it. Now i have to do it all over again :(
    image.png

12. Vicvic91

Maybe just a way to create a copy of a level and the possibility to change the playing mode ?
    That will be great to convert Singles levels to Coop levels :)

13. FBI Light Rock

Actually, nowadays given that many levels are becoming more and more unique (like my level Armed, Linearity, Orbit, Subnautical, car levels, etc), creating a coop mode to convert single player levels would make the level too different to play as intended.

14. Miikka

Oh shit. I am so sorry for the loss. There seems to be a few killer bugs like this still lurking in Editor. We fix this one for next update. After that you should be able to open the level again. (But is is unclear when will we get next iOS update in)

15. FBI Light Rock

Hi Miikka,

Is there any idea why my level Armed keeps crashing? I tried to reduce the load on the game by making most variables not kept alive but to no avail. Is it because of my power ups attached to my clone? Or are there simply too many attachments on the clone?

Also, any way to make colored obstacles as per Vicvic's suggestion to replace my power ups?

16. Miikka

Hehe. Clever level. I think crashing is caused by the physics. This seems to be a common problem with levels that have anything attached to clone with joints.

17. FBI Light Rock

Yeah, one of the top notch levels Quadratus sometimes faced this problem too. Many car levels occasionally run into this problem too, but it's the worst on my level.

Hopefully you guys find a way to optimize this problem.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  18. Super zwerver

Thank you Mikka for helping me! :)

19. bumfo

bumfo Member

Zoom is a good idea. However, you can't select an object inside a group in this way, if it is behind the controller.

20. bumfo

bumfo Member

Now, the only way to debug variables live is to select a different layer, click test. Then to make a trival change, you have to select it back, again select a different layer... Could you please allow us to see through variables in current layer? [​IMG]