Odyssey

Discussion in 'ETERNAL DAY' started by Vicvic91, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Great job @blwm !
    You found 2 essential secrets if you want try to save 100+ clones ! :)

I'm happy to see that you love to play my level.
    Replay on a level is important for me, when I make a level I don't want the players just 1 try it and go away.
    I want you to try and retry, think it's impossible but when you found a "way", you explore it and you see that you get progressively more clones.

When you start creating a new level, you have to keep in mind that there is a lot of Joe players that love to play an easy level, and a community of hardcores gamers that need to be challenged.

Players wants a fun-to-play level, an 1 try possible, and the possibility to save more clones.
    So I try to give them all of that on my levels :)

I don't want to make a replay of my "best way" on Odyssey, because I don't want to spoil my secrets.
    I want you to discover it by yourself or tchating here with others players to found it.
    Still possible to get 100+ clones.
    I personally can save 101 clones max now on this level, because I always kill a lot of clones in my try, no matter if I can "found" all the secrets.
    100 clones is possible in a tricky doomsday play, but I think 110 clones can be possible in a "perfect play" :)

blwm and FBI Light Rock like this.
  2. Vicvic91

Thanks for your support @FBI Light Rock !
    Is funny to see the evolution of your reflexion regarding to Odyssey.

1st try you are hungry because missions looks impossible.
    Now you love to hunt more secrets to get a chance to save a lot more clones :)

And that's exactly what I want players do : making there own Odyssey :)

3. Vicvic91

There is a lot of let's play on EveryPlay !
    Please share your Odyssey too, I really love to see how you play it and where you loose so much clones, ahah :)

66 clones saved - by Bufmeister

1 try and collect all powerups - by 4slann

4. blwm

blwm Member

Agreed on all points, Light Rock. I may have been a little unfair to Bones and Ice, it seems to me they (he? she?) mostly make Doomsday levels - or even harder - and though brilliantly made and often very beautiful, to me they’re often more frustrating than fun. I like to be able to get into the flow of things, which is impossible when there’s a meat grinder every few meters. It should be at least remotely possible to 1-try a level for anyone else than Chico:)

Vicvic91 likes this.
  5. Vicvic91

Seems that @<|-|!<0 just found another way to get more clones : 89, congratulation ! :)

6. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Yes i did! I feel like playing super mario 64 all over again, or diddy kong racing. It's a really nice touch to your levels.

Still, with all secrets uncovered, your 101 run is amazing... i lose a lot of clones because theres so many to keep control of.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  7. Vicvic91

Yes, it's an horrible tricky way ! Close to the final I can easily save 110/115 clones, but the final speed part always kill me a lot of clones :/

I have created a monster, with an only 1 focus : "is it enough tricky to make a challenge for @<|-|!<0 and @Straitorden ?" :p

<|-|!<0 and Straitorden like this.
  8. Vicvic91

Great job @blwm !

Seems that you are too close to discover an important secret on this level !

You want a hint ? Try to go where you think it's impossible to pass.
    There is 191 clones on this level, how it's possible to get 101 clones ?

Every clone is important.
    Every Clony can be a hero in your Odyssey. Try to sacrify a minimum of clones in each parts.

And maybe you will survive in this level.
    This is your Odyssey, you have to take care if you wont be killed again and again. ;)

blwm likes this.
  9. Vicvic91

Ok. That's just awesome !

7 days after the lauch, you still trying to found the secrets in Odyssey !
    It's like when I play THE ROOM game, searching in every ways to get a new idea and found a new way !

Here is a let's play with the 3 missions in 1 try, by Tomd :

And here a new secret founded by @Straitorden ! Great job !

Hunter are too close discovering a way to get 100+ clones !
    Still 4 secrets to discover, and then only your agility will help you ! :)

Questions @<|-|!<0 @Straitorden @FBI Light Rock @blwm and all the others players :
    . Do you like to hunt secrets on level ? Or is it frustrating to you ?
    . Do you want others levels like that ? Or do you prefer only tricky levels ?

Thanks for your answers ! :)

blwm and Straitorden like this.
  10. blwm

blwm Member

Yay, I figured it out! Thanks for the hint, Vicvic – I know I wouldn't have found it on my own. I actually did it once without realising (I was too focused on the main swarm), and I've been scratching my head ever since. But still can't save more than 72, though. Bah. Enough for today, I'll try again tomorrow.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  11. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Yes VicVic, it is awesome to discover the level secrets. Those were very secretive though, lol... it's better if you at least say there is a secret in the first place, which you did. 5 star level ;)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    blwm likes this.
  12. Vicvic91

Great job @blwm ! You know how to protect your clones, and that's very important !
    But you missed an important secret zone that you need to "unlock" if you want to save more clones... You have to found it ! :)

13. blwm

blwm Member

Thanks, Vicvic!
    I think I accidentally triggered a secret this last run; how to avoid the last vertical laser being turned on (the one before the two enlargers and two multiclones). At least I have no idea how it happened! And I still haven't figured out why the cube in the chamber with two lasers and multiclones near the beginning sometimes stops half-way... Gosh, there's enough secrets buried here for fifteen ordinary levels:)

And another secret zone, you say... Hmm. I hope it's a way to turn off those two pesky small lasers near the end... Or the whole bloody mayhem at the very end. Gotta keep searching:)

In short: Yes / Yes, but in a good way / Definitely / No.
    In other words: Please keep doing what you're doing:)

Vicvic91 likes this.
  14. Vicvic91

Still 3 secrets to discover :
    . A secret zone like in Super Mario 3 NES :)
    . A big secret chamber to save more clones
    . And a secret trigger to desactive something pesky :)

Happy hunting !

blwm likes this.
  15. Vicvic91

@blwm @Straitorden

You need a hint ?
    Look at this video ! Ahah :)

5:57, the best moment ever !

16. Straitorden

Straitorden Well-Known Member

Thanks, Vicvic91, for the hint, but unfortunately it does not work for me) And to be honest I'm a little tired of searching how to disable the vertical laser near the end - in my opinion these efforts and the time spent on searching in what sequence and what blocks need to be touched, is absolutely not justified. Therefore, although the level is very stylish, complicated and surprisingly balanced, I'd rather prefer level with less secrets - BADLAND first of all is a very fun and stylish game for entertainment than for intellectual search and hiding of many complex logical things in it. So, absolutely brilliant work, but too many secrets for revealing..

17. Vicvic91

Ok !
    Thanks for the review @Straitorden !
    Here is some final hints to help you in this level.

You only need to pass it with 80+ clones

When you push the square, try to go up before the 1st laser : you will unlock the new chamber to complete the level

Odyssey was an experimentation with secrets, a good experience but I don't think that I will make others levels with so much secrets.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  18. Straitorden

So simple?? It's absolutely brilliant, Vicvic91. Bravo

With the first laser in the beginning? How is this possible??

The level turned out great anyway

19. Vicvic91

No secret trigger. No secret way.
    Only tricky let's play to reward :)

Just after pushing the square in the 3rd zone. :)

Now you know all my secrets !
    So the 1st that can make a let's play video with 100+ clones win ! :)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  20. Straitorden

And what does it mean "the 3d zone"?)