Newly submitted Level creation

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by JigglyMuff, Mar 15, 2016.

1. JigglyMuff

JigglyMuff Member

I just finished creating my first level after having played through the single player campaign. Now that its published where do I go to find it and see if others are trying it out? I see on the main page they have the official ones but I'm not sure where all the newly submitted ones are. Do I get any sort of feed bad from others as well? Thanks in advance

2. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Hey welcome @JigglyMuff !
    You can find your level in the "Newest" folder (where all the new levels appears), and in your "My levels" folder too. :)
    You can also share in the forum your level's lunk if you want we play it too ;)

3. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Just to add on to answer the rest of your questions, before you tap to start your level, you can tap Pause to bring out the menu and tap Stats to view your level's rating, perceived difficulty by the community & the number of plays it accumulated.

The rating and perceived difficulty are currently the only way for community feedback, however if you share what level you created here, we'll give you additional opinions! :)

4. JigglyMuff

JigglyMuff Member

Ok great! I see it now. Thank you! Oh and I would love feed back on what you like and dislike. That's exactly why I created this forum account. Not sure how to link it though? The name of the level is Breaking BadLand ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
  5. JigglyMuff

JigglyMuff Member

Fantastic, thank you! Only been played 14 Times this far no reviews as of yet. Is there a way to link it or do you search by name? Its called "Breaking BadLand".

6. JigglyMuff

JigglyMuff Member

7. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Done! It's linked for you! :) EDIT: Just saw you posted the link too. Oh well, I'll leave the link there anyway.

Ok, so here's my feedback!

As your first level, it's really good! I like your gameplay ideas. Having to make one round around the cog to collect all 3 Small Powerups was nice. The corridor to roll along was neat, I liked how the triangles collapsed after you complete the path (I don't exactly know what happened that caused it though, you might want to either cut the camera instead of follow, or increase the follow speed)

Your level design is good, compared to a lot of junky levels out there.

Unfortunately, it's on the hard side. The last part where the cogs are and some things get dislodged from above were a little hard. It's hard to manuveur between the backward rotating cogs, and the last set of falling objects kill me quite a lot. Don't worry about the difficulty for your first time, I made the same mistake too. In fact, it was TOO HARD for almost everyone. :eek:

So long you have lots of unique gameplay ideas and nerf your difficulty, you have great potential to become a good level maker like us! You can beef up your design skills to make it even better too! (But based on your first level design, it is sufficient) Look through the official BADLAND levels for ideas, think what type of elements/obstacles make the original BADLAND levels fun to play (And not just simply a Flappy Bird Clone) & play some good levels from other players to get even more ideas (Try levels from Vicvic, Cipic, 333MCC, Bones and Ice, Pizzaandy, Cube Man & myself of course haha :mrgreen: Those guys in italics tend to make harder levels). Most importantly, don't be afraid to experiment! The sky is the limit; if you don't know how to go about creating the logic, help is always here! :)

JigglyMuff likes this.
  8. JigglyMuff

JigglyMuff Member

Thank you for all the help! Really appreciate it. I'll do that and I'll look for you next time I tinker with a level. Glad you liked it. I had no idea what I was doing at first I just started tossing stuff out there lol didn't turn out half bad though. Still several things I'm unsure how they work exactly so I had to program around them and do what I could instead of what I wanted sometimes. Thanks again! :)

9. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

Actually, you should just look at it in the My levels section; in my experience your new levels take some time to go in the Newest section. : \