Elysium

Discussion in 'ETERNAL DAY' started by Vicvic91, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

image.jpeg

ELYSIUM
    by Florent_Panini

Missions

image.jpeg

Clones Saved
    Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet

2. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

background looks sort of like remnants

3. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

kill me

edit: dude, screw the end of this level...i had it one try beat all the way to the end and had my clone SO SMALL that i could pass through without triggering the blade trap...but then you get to the blades AND the STUPID cannons and it knocked all my tiny spec clones into the blades...and then i couldn't finish the level in less than 5 tries cause it's fricken hard when your a bigger POS clone...wtf man

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    Vicvic91 likes this.
  4. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I find this level very strange. It has the "camera problem". It's a strange phenomenon where your clones are pushed forward very quickly. And it happens many times, like in the first part where you grab the first Fast powerup, the part after going through a long passage through the portals, the part just after that as well (after the 2 saws that shut off the other clones), etc. It's a problem with levels that seem to alternate between camera on and follow too many times? I dunno.

This camera problem that results in a Slow powerup being hard to take (after the long portal passageway), coupled with poor camera Y-axis at the start of the long portal passageway which makes the Clone and Fast Forward powerup hard to take, does make the mission Collect All Powerups a little unfairly hard. It's not exactly a test of the player's abilities at these moments due to these design flaws.

I'm having a problem saving more than 2 clones for the mission though. It's pretty luck based...

Other than that, I actually find the level quite easy to one try. The bazookas at the end are made to be soft on the clones.

But one other complaint though: Why on earth is this level called Elysium?!?! I don't exactly find the level very space-y or see any hints of bicycle wheel space stations! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: (Reference to the 2013 movie Elysium)

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL likes this.
  5. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

it has fun parts to it for sure...but i think the ending is just plain unfair (the cannons/saws/hard to maneauver layout with the camera closing in/and you can easily get stuck in the stopped saws with just two clones - which kept happening to me)....but basically, you can't be too small because you will definitely die...it wasn't the cannons that killed me, it was some sort of 'suction' that pulled me into them...because i did it a second time and i got sucked into the saws for no reason - like what the f? but atleast this time i was able to complete the level after that in 2 tries

but i think that's pretty messed...so how am i to beat in one try? i have to be a certain size to make it through that part? i never liked having to beat levels based upon getting or not getting certain powerups (that should only be for completing missions or getting secrets, imo)

edit: oh, and gamecenter and badland aren't friends again today as it says i only completed 137 missions when i should have 138 now...that really annoys me...maybe getting rid of gamecenter is a good thing and game devs should just create their own in-game achievements like 'nihilumbra' did

6. FBI Light Rock

That's strange, I only face that problem when I dodge some of the Big powerups. By collecting all the size powerups you shouldn't have much an issue. I get that you will still get pulled/sucked/(insert whatever word here) but it's not significant enough to throw you off balance, with room to recorrect your flight. With a smaller size though, this problem of yours becomes much worse.

Have you saved 3 clones yet? :)

7. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

"I'm having a problem saving more than 2 clones for the mission though. It's pretty luck based..."

yea, i got it on my second try (out of luck im sure); but i just dropped down real quick to grab the powerup and then pulled up quick and the portal sucked all 3 in

i'd like to see someone try to save more than 3 lol...no seriously, that would be an amazing feat

8. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

yea, that was the problem - i was skipping all the big powerups and collecting all the small ones (cause i thought it would help me at the end as i could easily slip through the tight spots)...but as said, if you are too small you get sucked into the saws/blades for some reason...but when i'm bigger i don't have this problem really (thought i do still feel a little 'pull' when i fly through the first part)

9. FBI Light Rock

Just saved 3, yeah, it's kind of luck. It might help a little to dodge one of the Fast Forward powerup in that small exit near the end leading to the saw trap as it does help to determine when to pull up your clones. But as it is, time is way too fast at the very last part to perform a manuveur.

10. Vicvic91

I have the 1 try and the 3 clones easily, I'm close to get more than 3 clones eheh :)

@dubz131 : when do you started to play this level ? Can you just reinstall the game ? Just to be sure... ;)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    dubz131 likes this.
  11. Vicvic91

2 let's play from everyplay !

Someone called Vicvic91... :p

And our famous @4slann !

12. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Actually just saved 7 clones ;P Working on something that might gets it to 10+ or even 15+ clones, we'll see.

n0phun likes this.
  13. Vicvic91

Elysium is updated, this last saw is removed now :)

14. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

it's funny you say that - i've actually tried everything you just said and more to get badland to work properly with game center....it seems to work sometimes, and other times it doesn't...usually when i uninstall and reinstall (while also logging out of gamecenter and re-logging in through badland) it works fine again...but it didn't work this last time which is why it looks like i didn't get the missions for the latest eternal level (except for 'trapped' which i can't get jack at the moment)....but i figure once i get one or more missions for the new eternal level 'trapped' it will register through game center and count ALL my missions