Open Eternal Day levels for editing?

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Ishmaeel, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Ishmaeel

Ishmaeel New Member

Hi everyone. I'm here on behalf of my 5 year-old who is a huge fan of Badland series -- and the level editor.

He wants to know if there is any way to open the Eternal Day levels in the editor. I believe some of them can be found in the level world via search, but not all. He loves fiddling with existing levels and learning new mechanics from the level designs, but gets pretty frustrated when he cannot edit a level he likes.

Thanks.

2. Pizzaandy

Pizzaandy Elite Member Beta tester

Sometimes, if you look up the level creator's name, the right level will show up.
    Other then that, I don't know what else can be done to find levels. If you ask for a link in this forum, you might be able to find levels you're looking for.

Ishmaeel likes this.
  3. Ishmaeel

Ishmaeel New Member

Thanks, Pizzaandy, we'll try doing that. Can I take this to mean that all ED levels are actually available and it's just a matter of finding them?

I wish there was a shortcut at the end-level menu to directly open in the editor like in the Level World. How would I go about submitting a feature request for this?

4. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Hey @Ishmaeel, if you want there is an Eternal Day section in the forum where you can found a thread for each level on it : http://forum.badlandgame.com/index.php?forums/eternal-day.121/
    You can just ask there for a link, as also you will be abble to talk with the creators of those levels if you want :)

Baksbrown and Ishmaeel like this.
  5. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Yes, all ED levels come from the level world. That's the whole point of ED! To celebrate the special and unique levels created by BADLAND users! So you are always able to find the original level in the level world. The naming should generally be the same as its appearance in ED, but the search function in the level world is not foolproof, so try searching both the author and level name itself.

P.S. Some ED levels may be modified from their level world counterparts to make the level more fun (difficulty balancing). While it is impossible to open the actual ED level in editor itself, opening their equivalent in level world is sufficient.

Baksbrown and Ishmaeel like this.
  6. Ishmaeel

Ishmaeel New Member

Thankies for all the suggestions. We were finally able to find that one elusive level that we loved, by searching the author name:grinning:. Boy, the search function really leaves something to be desired:disappointed:.

I hope this means "not yet implemented" as opposed to "not allowed by design". Fingers crossed :grin:!

7. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I think it won't be implemeted for reasons (I can think of) in which i can't reveal. :smirk:

Meanwhile just use the in-game search function. :)

8. Vicvic91

Wich level was you searching ? Eheheh :)

9. Ishmaeel

Ishmaeel New Member

Heh. Actually, there were several: Portal 2, Aero Dynamic, Surge, Trapped, The Attack, Grayscale and a few more. He was not able to find them by name, but searching by author did the trick.

Now expect a rush of inanely named levels with plagiarised content. If you see a username composed entirely of emoticons, you'll know it's him. :relaxed:

Rexerus, Vicvic91 and n0phun like this.
  10. Vicvic91

I think @Vavje and @CUBE MAN OFFICIAL are already happy to know that they have a fanclub ! :)

Ishmaeel likes this.
  11. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

I beg for royalties ! :grimacing:

Ishmaeel and CUBE MAN OFFICIAL like this.
  12. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

Wait till they see Horror! Their fan minds will go wild.