Dark Fluid

Discussion in 'ETERNAL DAY' started by Vicvic91, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

DARK FLUID
    by @ZEARTYSHOW

Missions

Mission & Clone Replays
    Upload your videos to YouTube or Everyplay and post your videos here! Post your awesome clone scores here!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2017
  2. Patrick Buffa

Patrick Buffa Well-Known Member

13 clones for me as a starter.

3. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Too hard! :eek: The part where there are 3 poisonous ooze emitters needs to be nerfed (preferably only 2). Also, the next part where there are 2 streams of the ooze shooting out also needs to be nerfed. (Delay the start of the top stream of ooze further) What does the button upstairs do anyway? Don't see any difference in pressing it... Even @Patrick Buffa took SO MANY tries to get through it!

The part where there are saws very close to each other (further on) also needs to be nerfed, because restarting from that part can be too difficult for normal players to get through.

<|-|!<0, InterludeDude and Rexerus like this.
  4. Patrick Buffa

@FBI Light Rock you are absolutely right. Those obstacles that you're mentioning are indefinitely hard in some cases. The ooze obstacles in the fast run are hard.

Rexerus likes this.
  5. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Totally agree, this is a fantastic level but extremely hard, too hard. I didn't take my time to really play it tho, maybe it will get easier.
    Got a good run and saved 18 clones

still, way too hard

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  6. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

Ouch ! Now, there's two holes in the ED circle.
    With Voltiac Delude, Dark fluid is the second level I can't pass through.

7. Patrick Buffa

If you watch my video of this level, the 3rd obstacle has a secret area on the top that you can easily pass through. You just have to take it slow at the end of the area.

8. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Level is really cool, but extremely unbalanced. Was a tough one to get in 1-try but just did it :D Saved 29 clones with that run at the same time.

Don't have a lot of time now but will upload the video I took later today, will needs some clarification at certain moments in the level as well.

n0phun, Vicvic91 and <|-|!<0 like this.
  9. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

ShiV = illuminati confirmed

or at least a bot

Straitorden likes this.
  10. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Sorry for the late upload of my 1-try, been way to busy and had to explain this 1-try at certain points, didn't have the time to write this down so far. But here, as promised, my 1-try ;) :

The biggest obstacle in this level is the part with the 3 poisonous emitters. This part is already difficult if you try to get past it starting at the checkpoint there, but is doable. Now, lets say in trying to 1-try this level and you take all the powerups, you'll end up being a lot slower at this point. This because there are a total of 5 more slow powerups before this point as fast powerups. So it's best to skip a couple of those powerups. At first I also thought to skip some size-down powerups (by taking all powerups you're 6 sizes down at this point) but eventually this wasn't needed, and by being smaller there's a bigger chance you get several clones past those emitters.

So, skip a number of slow powerups and try to get as small as possible. Next; If you don't hit the button at around 2:13 seconds, the forwarding in the level won't pick up like it normally does, so you can take more time for certain situations. Normally the screen will keep pushing forward again after this point but by not hitting this button it will keep still if you don't move either.
    At 2:50 you see I'm having trouble getting past that tube, I guess that's since I'm so small at that point and the clone gets 'sucked' into the tube by those passing balls.
    At 4:42 you see the advantage with being small, there's a better chance at having more clones alive like this. If you try to just move up normally like this there's a chance one or more clones might make it. BUT, as you can see this isn't even necessary since you can simply move around the poisonous balls here :D Little goof in the level I found out.
    At 5:07 I almost ruined my chance, wanted to check if there was a possibility to move my clones past that emitter at the top, but the blower on the left caught up a lot faster than I participated. Thankfully 1 clone lived after this f*-up.
    At 5:18 you really just need to wish for the best and hope your clone makes it. It isn't always a constant stream of balls getting out, just try to guess where there's a good chance it will fit through.
    Right after this part (while being blown into the tunnel) I'd suggest to keep touching the screen, so your clone bumps into the ceiling. I've made it several times to here and got blown stuck into the corner next (that one on the left from the portal at around 5:23), making it impossible to continue. Sucks if you made it this far yet.

This is about it, the rest is simply playing along. It seems there's a little mistake in this level by playing like this (perhaps because I didn't press that second button) so clones left behind won't automatically die, and appear to catch up at the end. This is why I got up to 29 clones :)

11. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Erm just saved 40 clones here playing this way ;P

<|-|!<0, Vicvic91 and n0phun like this.
  12. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Hate you. :)

ShiV and <|-|!<0 like this.
  13. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Absolutely insane video ShiV, and we get to see your finger too and it's suprisingly not made of gold.

the 40 run must be even more crazy

I wonder though if at 5:13 you were just lucky and why did you kill the other clones?

im definitely NOT going to try that lolo

Straitorden likes this.
  14. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Strange angle as well, I look at it myself thinking jeez what a long nail I have here. In reality it's not even half a milimeter in length :nomouth: (and besides, if there would be a player with a gold/diamant thumb it would be either you or Straitorden, still see my own style of playing being a lot less stable towards the fluency in which you both fly ;) ).

That's what I meant earlier with my comment at around 5:07, was perhaps a bit unclear. But yeah that was a big screw-up, that almost finished my run. For a number of tries I wanted to see if (when being that small) there would be a possibility to skip that poisonous balls-part by flying over that emitter, but forgot to do so every time. Now I remembered, and thought I had enough time to check this, but just when I got up there I saw the blower on the left coming in a lot sooner than expected, so I quickly tried to get the clones down before the blower would connect and woosh. Stupid move, almost killed all my clones, thank god 1 lived ;)

For what it's worth, tried this today a couple times, and yes, it's possible to get clones past the emitter at the ceiling but it's worthless, since there's no way to continue flying. You'll end up stuck in a closed space that way.

44 now:tonguewink:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    n0phun and Vicvic91 like this.
  15. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

As mentioned by @ShiV he's at 44 now (or was, then), but we never had a video of 40+. Entrance @Straitorden:

Stunning. One of your best plays I ever watched, if not the best. Thank you.

Straitorden and Vicvic91 like this.
  16. Straitorden

Straitorden Well-Known Member

The play-trough of the level was not very complicated, but the final part was not so obvious as it seemed in the first playthroughs. Thanks a lot for your words, n0phun. I hope this replay will help someone..

AKAI2002, Vicvic91 and n0phun like this.
  17. AKAI2002

AKAI2002 Clone Master

O Yea, it did :)