Magnetic

Discussion in 'ETERNAL DAY' started by n0phun, Feb 7, 2017.

1. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

magnetic-IMG_1157.JPG
    MAGNETIC

by @ZEARTYSHOW

Missions

magnetic-highest-end.jpg

Lowered Expectations

magnetic-lowest-end.jpg

Mission & Clone Replays
    Upload your videos to YouTube or Everyplay and post your videos here! Post your awesome clone scores here!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  2. Patrick Buffa

Patrick Buffa Well-Known Member

This level is hard. At the zero gravity circle part, there are gears that go in different directions. Another hard part is the magnetic balls with the question marks. If you touch them, it sucks you. But, I found a strategy to complete the obstacle. Overall, this level is good, but it can be hard for some others.

3. n0phun

Yep, I'm thankful that there's no "Survive in xx tries" mission. Missions are hard though, it's possible to find all secrets to deactivate the lasers and miss clones at the end anyway. Far harder than in Voltiac's level where we had simply to pick up the clones at the end. The All Mines I didn't try yet.

4. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Zearty surely pulled off a "Show" in this level, very well done im always trying to fully grasp that this is only random people creating the levels and not frogmind.

n0phun likes this.
  5. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

– Skip checkpoint ?
    – Yes.

Baksbrown likes this.
  6. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

Sure, Magnetic is hard. Every parts are challenging. @ZEARTYSHOW I'm curious : How many time did you tested magnetic forces ? Something hidden to deactivate these marked balls ?
    Love the design ! Something new.
    Magnetic is magnetic : I'll be back to finish it.

n0phun likes this.
  7. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

more checkpoints need to be added...this level is extremely unforgiving which makes it annoying...which is a shame, because it's actually a well made level, but every time i beat one of the REALLY hard/luck parts i end up dying on something stupid or even harder after passing it and it throws me all the way back to the beginning of the hard part i already beat...why?

edit: see, just tried to get mine achievement again, and i had it...i beat this hard part to get all the mines perfectly and then i die on the cheap laser following you part because you are going too slow and it starts you ALL THE WAY back before that! that makes NO sense. it should start you right at the laser part so it counts the mine...there's no way to get that mine again if you die at that part

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  8. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

so, does anyone know where the 3rd button is? i'm done trying the mine mission for awhile, and ive searched everywhere for the 3rd (final) button and can't find it

9. n0phun

I
    Latest or before upload to my everyplay. The one with assumed glitch on third button. No link, no time, sry.

dubz131 likes this.
  10. n0phun

Now the link:

Did that another time, immediately got back to checkpoint and came through the magnatic bastards one size bigger, no use. Once the button self-activated it doesn't help to press it again, never, 3/3 isn't shown. Not sure if this really is a bug. It may be that you're supposed to come in one size bigger, as the clone can't activate the button this size. Would be avaidable by not taking the smaller powerup before. But this would be a very strange approach.
    @Vicvic91 , @ZEARTYSHOW , how is this supposed to work?

On secret button two I once had a similiar experience: died immediately after pressing and activating (2/3 was shown, I think). Got back to checkpoint and pressed it again, no 2/3 shown, lasers not deactivated. Not so important, as it nearly never happens.

dubz131 likes this.
  11. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

its really weird...i did what you did, but the 3/3 DID show for me and the last lasers were gone...except the FIRST TWO lasers were on! but i hit both the first two buttons....i honestly don't get it...do you have to beat this thing in one run to get everything to work properly?

12. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

No need to 1try the level.
    Same for the mines : if you explode it, no matter if the next checkpoint will show the mine again, it will be counted as "exploded".

I tweaked the level today and fixed the Speed powerup that was falling in the button alone.

n0phun likes this.
  13. Vicvic91

Oh and...

I have also tweaked the missions : should be easiest now.
    If you are lucky 35 clones to save is possible : I can easily save 5 clones before the final powerups.
    My best so far is 30 clones saved. :)

14. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

DUDE, i just spent an HOUR on this level getting ALL the mines! i'm uploading my video to everyplay so see for yourself...that's BS...i seroiusly lost my mind trying to get some of those fucking things...but i GOT them ALL...even after checkpoints and starting after mines cause you said it would still count

15. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

no, mines still don't count as exploded...just wasted forever figuring that out....check out my video at everplay, and don't waste your time people...you will just go crazy like me...to not see that mine mission egg drop at the end all but made my heart sink

edit: oh, and in my video you literally see how many f'ng times i had to re-do a mine section because this level is a pure mind-fuck

16. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

wow, i love how everyplay wouldn't fucking upload my video too...it kept asking me to 'create username' - i already f'ng did months ago and i can/have accesssed everyplay directly from the badland game...so i just wasted MORE time with this level trying to upload a video showcasing the cheapness of it - which most especially includes the 'mine achievement' which it won't give you even if you explode all mines and waste all your time doing so

17. n0phun

Found your upload now. In parts way to fast for me to be sure, but didn't notice you missing a mine.
    For the others: upload is here.

Tried the mine mission myself today, but I definitely missed one, just forgot it.

18. ZEARTYSHOW

ZEARTYSHOW Member

Guys, I spent a big part of my time, to set perfectly all attraction fields values.
    When I've published the level online, I've just tried 10 times to finish my level.
    Not imposible so.
    But, to answer your question Vavje, I've tested 50 times the passage with attraction generators (not the black holes), because when I vas too small, my clone glitched through the "Hit Nothing" parts of my level so, I was blocked.
    But sorry, if my level is a lot too hard :) The next one will be easier

19. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

your level isn't 'impossible'....it's just incredbily hard; like extra hard on original NES....but it is very creative and nice to look at with some fun puzzles...it's mainly the magnet part at the end where you try to squeeze through the opening and the 2 magnets just kill you every time (it always takes me like 5 tries or more before i can get through)....and with that being said, i've beating your level many times and have the clone mission achievements - i just can't for the life of me get the mine mission achievement...and i'm pretty positive i got all mines (my replay is on everyplay), and and ive tried gettng the mine mission several times to no avail...vivic says that as long as you explode a mine and continue on then die and restart at a checkpoint where there's a mine right behind you it should still count (the best example is in the beginning with those spinning circles - as THIS mine is the hardest to get; takes me 20 tries or more every time)...but the point is, i definitely exploded the mine right before the checkpoint and i eventually expode the HARDEST MINE in the level and i continue on and get all the other mines in the level.

so, is there a secret mine? or is your level set that if a mine is within the frame of the screen after you died from a checkpiont it doesn't count? i know that sentence is confusing but i don't know any other way of explaining it without actually showing you, and i can't do that...unless you look at my replay video on everyplay (username 'Dubz13')....i do a walkthrough of your level showing i get all mines, even where i get a mine move forward and die, then sent back to a checkpoint where there is now a mine behind me which is no longer reachable..

20. Vicvic91

Checkpoint A
    Mine
    Checkpoint B

If you explode the mine and restart at checkpoint A, it doesn't count as exploded.
    If you explode the mine and restart at checkpoint B, no matter if the mine is visible when restarting, it will count as exploded.