Frost (iOS)

Discussion in 'WARPZONE' started by FBI Light Rock, Jan 16, 2017.

1. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

yup, you pretty much nailed it...i do everything you said, but it's always the screen right on my ass that gets me tense (especially towards the end) as it seems to stay there and i lose a lot of clones that way...and with the screen right on your ass, there's no hesitation for the freeze beams, and i always seems to go just a tad too early or a tad too late - cause some always get frozen.....and then whoever survives past the last beam and razor blades, i have to scramble to get them down through the little opening before the screen eats them up

i'm definitely gonna keep trying for 100+ though

Vicvic91 likes this.
  2. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

Ok vivic, you're up now - time to get me to 100 clones :eek:

3. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

In the 1st part of the level (before the laser tunnel), there is 3 speed powerups. You need to avoid the 2nd one if you want to get extra times to save much more clones. Everything else is skill and good timing :)

dubz131 likes this.
  4. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

thanks...i've always been avoiding the 3rd powerup as it was much easier....i'll have to practice on dodging/missing the 2nd one and see if that improves my scores

5. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

i got 98 last night ...:disappointed:

i HAD literally 100 right to the very last pass through (freeze beam and saws) and 2 got stuck underneath the freeze beams...i just had to laugh

Vicvic91 likes this.
  6. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Dubz, i'm not gonna try to help you, you are getting wayyyy too good, haha :)

dubz131 likes this.
  7. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

lol well gee thanks, man!..haha, nah it's cool i just wanted to share my misery so everyone could get a laugh out of it and also probably have their own memories of stuff like this happening.

Though, i'll take that as a HUGE compliment coming from you since, imo, you are the best player i know at this game

But trust me, i got tonight and the whooole weekend now after work - and i'm GON-GET-ME 100 or more clones in frost if it kills me!!

<|-|!<0 likes this.
  8. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

It was intended as a compliment:confused_02:

and you will get the 100 clones, if you don't i'll make a video for you

dubz131 likes this.
  9. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Come on, @dubz131, there's a reason why this forum exists - we are meant to use this as a platform to help each other out! :) @<|-|!<0 is just joking around with us all (as he usually does :))

I'm still struggling with this level, for me it's more of the last rolling saw that makes me unsure how to tackle it, because i can bring tons and tons of clones there but lose so many because i don't know how to tackle the small space there.

dubz131 likes this.
  10. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

lol oh i know he was...i have a sarcastic way about me sometimes :)

but i really did appreciate the compliment as it gave me confidence to keep going for more!

though, i think i put my foot in my mouth too soon, as i haven't been able to get over the 100 clone hill just yet...i keep getting in the 90's even though i feel like i'm setting everythingi up perfectly for the end....i get/miss all the powerups your supposed to, i collect a ton of clones and keep then nice and close together, it's really that one part towards the end when you have to dodge a big powerup and also squeeze all your clones through a smaller opening and a saw blade comes sawing once you reach a certain point...this part i have some trouble with as i try to get as many through while keeping everyone close to (i see your having the ssame issue with this part too fbi - so we'll have to think of a strategy together) make sure the blad doesn't come out too quickly...i feel i get enough up alive, then its on to the final part and it's really just all about timing and skill here...keep the clones together and move as fast as possible when you get an opening...but its the anticipation that kills me i always seem to move just .5 seconds too slow or fast and i end up losing a few clones that way (and of course, you ALWAYS have to watch the screen behind you closing in on you).

i really think it's one of those things that i'll have to play over and over again, and ill finally get that perfect play through (kind of like when i got 98 except i choked at the very last second and lost 2 clones for the 100 score).

but if anyone has a video they'd like to share that would be great...from the best player as well that would be awesome - a visualization of watching someone get it always helps a lot

11. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

awwww maaan, really thought i had it this time...ive been trying every so often throughout the day as it takes 15-20 mins dedicated to this one level if your going for 100 with all the slo-mo powerups.

but i had my most clones yet at the end (i kind of figured out a way to get a lot clones through that small opening with saw..i just clumped them together and slowly moved them through and the saw doesn't seem to start until the furthest clone gets to a certain spot - so i had a lot already to the front, then just moved them up and i had approx 80 clones going through the final freeze beam run (and there's other clonepowerups to get so i thought i was in real good shape)...and i was, i had 124 clones at one point going through them, but i don't even know what happened, i thought i did everything right but i must have moved tooo quick in one spot and the camera panned faster causing me to move early through one of the freeze beams and i lost a couple here and there; till eventually i just had 106 at the 2nd to last and the damn freeze beam turned on and must have frozen too many cause going through the final freeze beam it said i had an even 100 clones...but after going through the freeze beams and saws successfully (perfect clumped together clones) and i see my clone total drop to 98 (again with the 98!).

sooo defeated after that...but maybe my tip about that one part with the saw that kills a lot of your clones will help

Vicvic91 likes this.
  12. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

Wow, I finally did it....100 right on the nose....I had 113 going through the last two then I started screwing up and the clones started falling apart from the compact group I had them; a lot froze and died by saw and as soon as I saw the number 100 in the top tight screen my heart froze and I knew it was going to be close getting them through the narrow end without the screen killing a few (I was literally on the edge of the screen; I have no idea how I didn't lose 1-2).

But anyway, this is easily the most satisfyingly-rewarding achievement I've got. Thanks for the tips and you could still do a video if you want so I can see how the master does it :) And maybe go for more than a hundo!

<|-|!<0, n0phun and Vicvic91 like this.
  13. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Congrats Dubz !
    I'm happy to see that you played this level a lot, and finally got this achievement.
    I need to brainstorm on the next ones now ;)

14. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

well don't go toooo crazy ;)

just remember, i'm only 10 clones behind you now...muuahahahahaha...out of respect, i haven't tried to pass you.....yet

15. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Vicvic actually saved 140+ clones on this level already :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses: Out of respect he didn't say anything, humble man.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  16. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

that is quite impressive...but i just go according to what the leaderboards on gamecenter say

17. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

You mean the spreadsheet? Cause you can't see individual records on game center only the total saved on Warpzone.

18. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

i just meant gamecenter as a whole....under 'total clones' saved

19. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Got it, yeah youse are close, and you are in front of the best players in warpzone... Leto zhou, light rock, straitorden, B16DAZ, Fireblade

very nice.

20. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

yea, i was just teasing with him and messing around...i know that he is one of the best and without a doubt better than I (and so does he and everyone else here)

in all honesty, ive always been a 'good' player at pretty much any game you put in front of me, so i'm happy with just doing well and keeping up with the best players like you just mentioned in my own way....the real reason ive started to try and get more clones is because of the achievements frogmind added (clone counts), and i'm a completionist where i have to get EVERY achievement (along with the missions within the game)...so that's why before once i got a mission egg for a certain amount of clones i stopped trying to get more. so going and back replaying all these levels i'm finding new ways to get more clones which has been really fun actually and i'm happy with where my score is at.

as of right now (assuming frogmind keeps the clone max count achievement at 4k), all i'll need to get is approx 700ish clones in the next warpzone to get the achievement and i'd be satisfied with that....so every little clone i save from here on out is a bonus for me to making it easier to get that achievment (at least i'm HOPING warpzone 2 allows you to get as many clones, if not more, than warpzone 1)

i do have a competitive side though ;) so when i see you guys kicking my ass in online i do try to stay competitive

edit: though I do have to point out and give credit - you, vivic, fbi and all the others you mentioned did help me get more clones by looking at the clone saving spreadsheet; not to mention the tips given to me and stuff I have read here on the boards...it gave me an idea of how many clones I'm able to save...I STILL can't figure out how to get 61 clones in 'green zone'...my top score is 51 and I was able to dodge 2 big powerups