Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

The question you need to ask you is : who are the guardians and what they are trying to defend... ;)

Rexerus likes this.
  2. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Haha, thanks! I guess I'll have to go play the original Guardians again and look at it in depth!
    (By the way, I hope the answer doesn't have anything to do with the duplicants at the end. I really don't want to attempt to built a drone that small!)

3. Vicvic91

You can think that the worms/replicants are like the guardians. But what are they protecting ?
    What's the story behind Warpzone pack ? Eheheh too much question I will never answer you ! Ahah :)

4. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Should have been, thought it was the replicants. But no, and I don't get what they are guarding...

Vicvic91 likes this.
  5. Vicvic91

I start to feel that all the storytelling I've worked on is just invisible... useless for players :p

6. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

But if they are the guardians it means the clones are the enemy? Or are they guarding female clones kidnapped?

lol its not useless i just have no idea what it is

Vicvic91 likes this.
  7. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

8. Vavje

9. Vicvic91

Thanks Vavje for the links ! :)

10. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

n0phun and Vicvic91 like this.
  11. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Vavje likes this.
  12. Vavje

Rexerus likes this.
  13. Vavje

@Vicvic91 :
    EX MACHINA from @ZEARTYSHOW
    Just awesome.
    Isn't it, badlanders ?

Edit : Aha ! Just saw the copying alert for Ex Machina in Zeartyshow's thread. I'm soooooo late again !

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    AKAI2002 and n0phun like this.
  14. Vavje

15. Vicvic91

It becomes impossible to spotlight a good level without a copy problem thoses days ! Ahah :(

16. n0phun

Perhaps I'm too tired, but I don't see what was copied. Powerrunner accuses Slaye to have copied
    "
    - Your (Frogmind's) smasher from Final Frontier
    - Voltiac' navigational direction arrow from Dreadstorm "
    into Geometric and wonders why it made Eternal Day.

Which smasher does he mean? Dictionary: "a ... device that breaks something up".
    In case of Final Frontier I think of the row of such things near the end, but these things have been used in countless levels, why copy from there?
    And a navigational direction arrow, what is that? Can someone point out minute:seconds in the play throughs below?

Final Frontier

Dreadstorm

Geometric

17. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I can go on and on and say that the pistons with a curved edge at the very start of Geometric is copied from my own level Hexangonal.

But I never found copying of certain contraptions from other levels to be offending. In fact, for most level creators who don't have the creativity like @Vâ­•LTIAC, I think copying is fine if they reuse it for another purpose / obstacle.

Rexerus likes this.
  18. Vavje

As you said, I can't find all these copied things in Geometric too.
    For Smuggler level, I used a contraption from "Evil" in Doomsday. The smashing hammers at the very start. Do I mistake ?
    Imagine I copy a Magnetar bot (in Motherside), and reuse it in a totally different level. Does this one could feature in ED ? Without offending ?

Oooh ! I feel the "copying" debate is coming back, with a new chapter : contraptions !

Vicvic91 likes this.
  19. Vicvic91

Just to say something.
    I don't want to hunt the copiers 10x each time I will spotlight a new level.

Next ED level is maybe a copied level, for sure it has few contraptions you could recognize.
    But first of all it's a level I have fun to play and play again, from a new level creator, and I'm sure you will like it too.

Vavje and n0phun like this.
  20. n0phun

I don't see how this would be possible without doubling your working time, rather more. Simply not doable. We can look into it if there are well-founded hints from someone, didn't seem to be the case here, that was the point of my questions.

I agree with FBI Light Rock that copying contraptions is okay. For more complicated ones I'd prefer that credit is given. Magnetar's robot is such a case, but I think a level which used it would be okay on ED if the credit is there.