[iOS] Online Mode tweaks

Discussion in 'SUPPORT & SUGGESTIONS' started by Vicvic91, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Here is an open brainstorm.
    This game mode is dying progressively, as players finally go away after few hours/days/week/months...

So yeah, trying to brainstorm about how we could optimize it.

Originally there was 10 events at the same time.
    With Warpzone update and new online levels, I changed it to 15 events, trying to offer few more levels to play each day.

Now with Evolution update, it's 30 more levels in the rotation system. Let's hope it will be enough to hide a little the borring of same events coming back again and again...

Any other idea how we could increase the number of players playing this game mode ?
    Maybe some events are too long/or too short in duration ? (Deadrop as 96h event looks maybe too long ? Or maybe it's the solution, getting only 15 events each day to compete with ?)

New levels are all 24h events, but I know there was some 6h events previously on the original release I should probably tweak...

So yeah... open brainstorm here :)

RocksInMyHead and n0phun like this.
  2. Vicvic91

I would like to get your feedbacks @Straitorden @ElK0305 @Neopard @<|-|!<0 @RocksInMyHead @dubz131 and all the other Online Mode players :
    . do you play ALL the events, EVERYDAY ?
    . how many events at the sale time would you like in a perfect world ?
    . what's your favorite : Race, Cloning, Survival ?
    . when do you connect and play ? how many time a day ?

And finally...
    . what could make you keep playing again and again on this game mode, that don't need any code/feature update ?

RocksInMyHead likes this.
  3. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I think we also need statistics on the number of online players participated in each type of online.

However, for me it seems Survival is generally the most unique, in terms of level design too. Also, Survival is technically unlimited time with good skills. You can only be good up to a certain limit for Clones and Race. There's a "wall" where you can't get any better.

Will think of more stuff when it strikes me. :)

4. RocksInMyHead

RocksInMyHead Elite Member

Hi Vic :sunglasses:
    I did play all events every day, or extremely close to it, until we purchased our new house a week ago. I love the game, and would continue playing all the events except I'm trying to unpack everything and I'm taking care of extensive gardens also. So, I had to give up most of my game time for now. You'll see me around, though.

I assume you mean how many events at the SAME time...I like the 15 events that has been the norm lately. More would be overwhelming, fewer might be better. Maybe it is too many for most people who don't have hours to play everyday. If you can't complete the events that are online because of time constraints, then you would feel like you didn't have a chance at climbing the score board.

I like the mix of Race, Clone Savior, and Survival. It would get boring without the mix I think. My specialty is Survival though.

Before we got the house, I connected often...10 times a day? Pretty much whenever I would sit down and take a break.

Come tend my gardens, and I will play more, lol :tongueclosed:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  5. RocksInMyHead

While I like the difficulty and length of some of the longer events, it becomes tedious when there are too many long ones online at the same time. It would take too much time to achieve good scores on all that are concurrently online.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  6. RocksInMyHead

Just a thought. The majority of the Earth's population is in the northern hemisphere. And, it's summertime. Are people just not playing the game because they're doing outdoor activities?

7. Vicvic91

Ok, few tweaks this morning.

Roller 0.5 -> event from 6h to 18h
    Distortions Roller -> event from 35h to 20h
    Deadrop -> event from 96h (!!!) to 16h
    Total number of events -> from 15 back to 10 entries

Let's see how it feels "less stressfull" for players who want to play all the events.
    I guess if there is also less event at the same time, it will diluate the borring effect a bit as it will take more time to see again a same event.

---

Btw, if there is some "borring" levels, let me know the list and I will make them less recurrent :)

8. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

No players on Clonefrost. Maybe too hard ?
    Very difficult to keep clones.

Btw, I personnally prefer timetrial and clonesaver. I got too low skills for survival.

9. Vavje

I play online each day. Got the "seriously addicted " achievement.

10. Vicvic91

Ok, Clonefrost is now tweaked. Less speed and smaller, more clones to save now.

Vavje likes this.
  11. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

I play online daily, no time to answer, have to play.

12. Neopard

Neopard Member

I'm really addicted and have played almost every event every day for several months. I usually play a couple of hours every evening in one or two sessions. In the weekends I play more. Sometimes I play a couple of events in the morning if I see that they will expire before I will return home from work. So I am happy to see that you have changed Roller 0.5 from 6h to 18h. I think 18h-24h is best. And about 10-12 events at the same time. I like the mix of Race, Cloning ad Survivor as it is now.

RocksInMyHead and n0phun like this.
  13. Vicvic91

Thanks for the feedback !
    Ok today is the first 10-12 daily events. Let's play like that 1 week and see if it feels :
    . Better : less stress to miss some events
    . No matter : still feels borring
    . Less good : now it's frustrative as there is only 10 events

14. Vavje

Just played the 10.
    Like them ! Shorter = better. Maybe less challenging fot the time trials, but still good !

15. Vicvic91

New upcoming online levels :
    . Orbital Clones (clone)
    . Jump (survive)
    . Jump 0.5 (survive)
    . Race Behind (race)
    . Wheeldrop 0.5 (race)
    . Tribes Roller 0.5 (race)

And some tweaks :
    . Coldskin becoming a Race level instead of a Clone one

16. Vicvic91

IMG_5064.JPG

Prepare yourself !
    JUMP was just a beggining :)

Vavje likes this.
  17. Vicvic91

I guess the new logic seems working on Day 1 :
    . It looks less frustrative as you still competiting in the same events all the day
    . The number of players in those long events are increasing
    . You feel the competition as you can retry later to beat your score in a leaderboard

What do you think so far after day 1 ? :)

18. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

That it's not over yet. Primesgenato could wake up and beat me in Green Roller 0.5, and @RocksInMyHead might stop to do gardening or unpacking and start playing Jump for real. Me ahead of you in a survival level? You should move to a new house every week! :)

Yes, it's nice to have enough time to improve on some levels. I'm ill today, so I had even more time, with pauses though. And playing online didn't feel boring to me before, perhaps because I started late, about February/March. Still many of the older levels I played only few times. You spoke about decreasing player numbers, didn't notice that in the last months. How many players were there last year?

Back to online now, to find some level where I can beat you, Vicvic. Punishment. :)

19. Vicvic91

Good luck ahah !
    You should try better in Fireshot : I just beat your score. :)

20. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Only playing the new ones and only the ones that don't delay or that delays only a bit. Love beating you and primesgenato haha.