Help on A<B event?

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by 4522405DASH, Aug 25, 2017.

1. 4522405DASH

4522405DASH Hypercloner

So there's this concept I've been doing in my level Matrix that surprisingly no one in Badland has ever done yet. o_O Can you guess what it is? That's right, Gems! :mrgreen:

Gems are collectible items that are found/hidden in trickier places of the level. Collect all of them and something might happen. It doesn't matter, this is the level editor we're talking about here! :)
    Here is an example:

I didn't want to make Gems completely useless to collect, and I wanted to reward the player for collecting all of them. So I made this "Gem Counter". What's supposed to happen is that if they do/don't collect all the Gems, a message is supposed to pop up nearby. This is what it looks like (please ignore the saw):

I saw that the only way I could do the "message" thing was the A<B event, with some other events and variables:

IMG_5414.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't have a complete understanding of this event, so therefore I don't exactly know how to use it. I would appreciate if anyone knows a way to use this or if anyone knows an easier way to do this! :)

That's all for now. See you in the next thread! :mrgreen:

AKAI2002 likes this.
  2. Baksbrown

Baksbrown Hypercloner Beta tester

I think that i can help you. Just give me a hour :D

AKAI2002 likes this.
  3. Baksbrown

Well, i try to help you. Sorry for my bad English. I hope you will understand me.
    There is my version of "Gem Counter".
    Next, I will describe how it works
    IMG_1832.PNG
    GEM_01.PNG
    We create a condition in which the signal will be sent. In this case: The number of collected gems (value1) should be equal 5 (value 2)
    GEM_02.75.PNG
    Why can not the signal be transmitted? because the conditions are checked each time a signal is received in this (A<B) event. [This event, I sometimes can call it as "trigger"]
    GEM_04.PNG
    When the specified condition is met, the signal will be transmitted and the player will be notified of the mission execution.
    GEM_03.PNG
    *gems are collected

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    AKAI2002 likes this.
  4. Baksbrown

In general, it should work like this

AKAI2002 likes this.
  5. AKAI2002

AKAI2002 Clone Master

Wonderful!! BTW how did you make gems? Using visuals??

6. Baksbrown

Yup

7. AKAI2002

AKAI2002 Clone Master

Wooh..
    Sooo gem-like:eek:
    I can't even think:astonished:

8. 4522405DASH

4522405DASH Hypercloner

Thanks so much! :) I actually did the counter the exact same way as you did, unfortunately I lost the screenshot of the counter when I posted the thread o_O
    I kept getting mixed up where to connect the A<B event. Now I understand what to do! :)

P.S. Your English really isn't that bad, I can understand it pretty well :mrgreen:

9. Baksbrown

Glad to help you :relieved: