Intruders Race

Discussion in 'FASTEST TIME TO FINISH' started by Vicvic91, Jul 2, 2017.

?

What's the best for this level Level ?

1. . Play with the bouncing Zombie Clony : if you touch a bomb he will not be able to activate Boty

2. . Play normally with only Clony

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

DAE949F7-99B0-44E7-8ED0-AB65E8CA1BBF.jpeg

INTRUDERS RACE

Missions

online-fastest.jpeg

Online Level Records and Replays
    Upload your videos to YouTube and post your videos here! Post your online records to the Online Records Tab of the spreadsheet!

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2018
  2. McSketchy

McSketchy Active Member

I think there may be a bug in this level. More times than not, the last BOTY does not turn off the fire blasters at the end. I recorded the replay the last time this happened and found something interesting: On the first replay, the fire blasters are off, but I am certain that they were on during the actual game play:

I recorded the same replay again, and this time the fire blasters are on:

Perhaps this can help you debug why the BOTY doesn't always work.

3. Vicvic91

Thanks @McSketchy for reporting this issue.
    I need to check what's wrong with Boty on this level, seems that it unlock only if you touch it with without bouncing on it...

4. McSketchy

McSketchy Active Member

Maybe that is it. I have tried every combination of touch I could think of and could never isolate a reason.

5. RocksInMyHead

RocksInMyHead Elite Member

There are what I think of as Zombie Clones in this level. I thought it was intentional. You'll see that your first clone has a nice bright white eye, but if you get Clony too close to an artillery blast, then his eye goes dim. Then to further complicate things, if your bright eyed Cloney clones, then those clones will be bright eyed, but if a zombie clone clones, then they'll be zombies. Aaaaaand, if zombie clones are all that touches the boty, then the boty doesn't trigger. You have to touch the boty with one of the bright eyed Clones. Hope you can understand what I meant.

Vicvic91 and McSketchy like this.
  6. Vicvic91

But first you need to get a dragon and kill the White Walkers :p

RocksInMyHead likes this.
  7. McSketchy

McSketchy Active Member

Wow. Thank you. That is brilliant and def not something I would have observed on my own; I am not wired with that type of attention to detail.

Any idea why the replays would be different ?

8. RocksInMyHead

Yeah, I think I have also had problems with the boty(s) even if I touch them with the bright eyed clones sometimes. But the success of the boty(s) working is increased if you make sure a bright eyed clone touches it. And, yes @Vicvic91 , winter is coming... oh yeah, winter is here!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Vicvic91

I guess I will need a screenshot to understand the problem with the zombie clones you are talking about.
    But yeah, I will check this level today.

10. McSketchy

McSketchy Active Member

Since I am in the process of preparing my house for Hurricane Irma, my winter has arrived and my ice wall may be destroyed as well.

Vicvic91 and RocksInMyHead like this.
  11. RocksInMyHead

Oh no! Sorry to hear you are in the path. My grandma is in Melbourne, FL, and she is getting ready, too, but I think they are NOT predicting a direct hit there. Still, their forecast has 100 MPH winds in it. Hope you aren't in the direct path!

AKAI2002 likes this.
  12. McSketchy

McSketchy Active Member

I live about 40 miles from Melbourne. The predictions change hourly and so preparing for whatever comes.

AKAI2002 likes this.
  13. Vicvic91

This freaky @McSketchy !
    I hope it will go far away from where you are :/

14. RocksInMyHead

@Vicvic91 , here's a video I made for you. I let Clony stay big so you can see more easily that the big white eye goes dim when artillery hits near, making him what I call a zombie clone. LOL

n0phun, McSketchy and Vicvic91 like this.
  15. Vicvic91

Wow that's a cool glitch !
    When using that bouncing powerup, the game think that Clony is "dead" when touching the bomb, and all his interactions with Boty are off.

As you want, players :
    . we can keep it ingame and play with those "Zomby Clony"
    . or I can just remove the bouncing powerup to make it works normally with Clony

Choose what you feel it's the best :)

RocksInMyHead and AKAI2002 like this.
  16. RocksInMyHead

BRAINS!!! Vote for Zombies!

McSketchy and AKAI2002 like this.
  17. Vicvic91

Vote is open on the top of this thread :)

n0phun and RocksInMyHead like this.
  18. RocksInMyHead

Zombies can clone too, did you see that? :)

19. Vicvic91

Yep, they can use powerups, but they can't activate Boty :)

20. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

And I always wondered why not all Boty touches did the work, came up with the weirdest theories, touching the sparkling flame throwers under the Boty near the top additionally for instance. Thanks to @McSketchy and @RocksInMyHead!
    Yeah, voted to keep it this way, now that we know it makes it just more interesting. The "dead" clones count the time down like the others, I think?