Shining Roller

Discussion in 'FASTEST TIME TO FINISH' started by Vicvic91, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

image.jpeg

SHINING ROLLER

Missions

image.jpeg

2. RocksInMyHead

RocksInMyHead Elite Member

I didn't know that it was possible to run this in less than 40 seconds...until I did it :p

Vicvic91 and AKAI2002 like this.
  3. Baksbrown

Baksbrown Hypercloner Beta tester

Hey, you're cheater! You're restart on checkpoint twice. first time on 0:16 and 2nd time on 0:26.
    Well, i understand that it's legal, but it spoils the impression of this speedrun. Although in general I admit that it is awesome passing.

4. RocksInMyHead

Lol, I used to cuss when I played against player's shadows that restarted at checkpoints. But then I gave in to doing it myself because it was the only way I was ever going to win certain levels because all the other top scorers were doing it. And, it still takes a certain amount of timing skill in order to hit the pause button at the precise times, no? :)

That's a mighty strong accusation there, mister! :tongueclosed:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  5. Neopard

Neopard Member

Congratulation @RocksInMyHead You beat my personal best which is 39.883. Have you considered starting to put your awsome highscores into the Online Records tab in the Timetrial Mode spreadsheat? Someone has already made a column for you and put in a few of your scores at a certain timepoint. Not many players participate in this, but it would be great to see your best scores there (even if I know that most of my gold medals will be lost if you do).

@Baksbrown Restarting at checkpoints is not cheating, it's part of the game.

RocksInMyHead likes this.
  6. RocksInMyHead

Ah hah! Now I remember, I think it must've been you that asked me that before, right before this forum went down for a couple of weeks. Yes, I should put my scores on the spreadsheet :p . I've neglected that in favor of gardening, cooking, hiking, rock collecting, getting the new house fixed up the way we want it... always something, right? I was wondering how other people felt about restarting at checkpoints. I was even against it at one time, but now see that it's part of the game, and fine to use.

7. Neopard

Neopard Member

No, I have not asked you that before. Could it be @n0phun ? It was he that asked me to put my online highscores into the spreadsheet.

RocksInMyHead likes this.
  8. RocksInMyHead

It could've been...anyway, you reminded me, and that's good.

9. McSketchy

McSketchy Active Member

@RocksInMyHead re: restarting at checkpoints:
    I see it as another strategy in the game. As you learn the levels, you find tricks like bombs to propel you forward, and working the checkpoints seems to be the same thing.

AKAI2002 and RocksInMyHead like this.
  10. RocksInMyHead

I also see it as a strategy now. But when I was newer to the game, it just seemed like a cheat. Of course, that just meant that I didn't know how to exploit it, lol. Eventually I found it to be another tool to be used in my box of tricks. Anyway, I can see where @Baksbrown can get the idea that it's a cheat. But it's really just another way to get a better score, and totally legal.

11. Marcello_HUN

Marcello_HUN Member

Hi Gentleman,

my name is Marcello_HUN, new to the forum but not new to the game.
    I accidentally came to this forum because I was interested if there was any record about the best times of various levels. I checked out that online excel sheet and found out that I could be in the list with lots of gold, silver and bronze medals.
    Is there any chance that I could get into the list?:)
    If you play this game probably you met my name in the fastest to finish type of levels and I making screenshots about my best times all the time:)
    (Vicvic-- we were on the top of the list in Badland one with the most earned missions for a while also - its nice to e-meet you!:)
    Thanks for your answer, all the best,
    Marcello_HUN

AKAI2002 likes this.
  12. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Welcome! Inserted a column and put your name on it, will move it more to the left later when there is more time,

13. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Was a bit sleepy this morning and added only a column to the time trial tab. Added your name to top of of an unoccupied column in the online records tab now, too.

14. Marcello_HUN

Marcello_HUN Member

Hi, thanks a lot.
    Huh, it took some time but put all my records to the sheet. Can you please check them, some of them didnt change the color to gold/silver/bronze even when i had the best time and the best time automatically changed to my time. Some didnt do anything with the data I put in but most of them are there and I can proudly say that I have at least 20 gold medal!:))
    Besides that one more question: is there a ranking between players who has gthe most medals in the fastest time to finish category? Or any points or so which are calculated based on these records?
    Thanks a lot, I love this game:)
    Marcello_HUN

15. primesgenato

primesgenato Well-Known Member

Here's a 38.600s run.

AKAI2002 likes this.