Coldskin

Discussion in 'FASTEST TIME TO FINISH' started by Vicvic91, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

IMG_4780.jpg

COLDSKIN

Missions

online-fastest.jpeg

Online Level Records and Replays
    Upload your videos to YouTube and post your videos here! Post your online records to the Online Records Tab of the spreadsheet!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2017
  2. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

This level was changed. now a race level instead of a clonesaver. Moving it, and deleted the records on the sheet (@Vicvic91 21, @Neopard 16).

Vicvic91 likes this.
  3. McSketchy

McSketchy Active Member

Recent run:

primesgenato, n0phun and Vicvic91 like this.
  4. primesgenato

primesgenato Well-Known Member

Here's a 21.250s run.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    Vicvic91, n0phun and McSketchy like this.
  5. McSketchy

McSketchy Active Member

6. primesgenato

Thx dude. Your vid was a big help. Your path seems to be the fastest. I'm basically just mirroring your moves. :sunglasses:

7. McSketchy

McSketchy Active Member

I knew it was a mistake to give away my secrets :grinning:

primesgenato likes this.
  8. McSketchy

McSketchy Active Member

But seriously, I wish more players would post their record replays. I think it is good for competition. There are many levels that I can't figure out how a player acheived the score that they did; I guess many want to keep it that way.

9. primesgenato

Yep if only I joined the forum earlier when it was more active. Then more players could use the strategies in my vids and challenge my times. Gets lonely at the top :P

n0phun likes this.
  10. McSketchy

McSketchy Active Member

Ah, your modesty is on full display.

I've watched your ghost on many levels and honestly, I'm not quite sure how you get your clones to fall so much faster than mine. When starting at the top, you're way ahead out of the gate. What's your secret?

11. primesgenato

I used to wonder the same thing about Marcello_HUN's insanely fast falls. Then I realised it was 3D Touch. Without this turned on, tapping causes the fall to decelerate.

Turn this on, however, and you become a speedster. You then have the option of very very light screen touches. This allows you to navigate without decelerating your fall. The key here is 3D Touch with feather-like tapping.

n0phun likes this.
  12. n0phun

I just wanted to mention your answer in Down Race, but you changed it accordingly to this thread. :) Thanks for confirming that it is in fact 3D Touch. Only I have some difficulties with feather-like tapping :-/.

13. primesgenato

I was mistaken that time. I've never turned on BL2's 3D Touch on my iPhone 6s, so I assumed it was always off. But recently I was looking around in the BL2 settings, and I saw that it was on by default.

To test things, I toggled 3D Touch on and off. Yup, faster falls were indeed due to 3D Touch. It still takes some practice to master. Super-light touches were unnatural for me, so it took some getting used to.

n0phun likes this.
  14. McSketchy

McSketchy Active Member

n0phun: Why did FM do something that gives only certain players (iphone w/ 3d touch owners) a distinct advantage in the game

15. n0phun

Don’t know. I got my first device with 3D Touch only last November. Still not using it most of the time for playing, got far too much used to play on my iPad. On the phone I always have to remember to press hard enough, makes playing more difficult for me.

First time the advantages of 3D touch were noticed here was March 2016 BTW, in the Age Mover thread.

16. primesgenato

18.316s

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    n0phun and AKAI2002 like this.