Bits

Discussion in 'DAY II' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

[​IMG]

BITS

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Ben Thumbs

Can someone please upload a "Survive with one try" replay to Everyplay of BADLAND DAY - II: NIGHT - BITS.
    It's sending me round the bend trying to do it. :?

3. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Oh, crap. I just did it last night but didn't upload it. I'll try again later today.

4. Ben Thumbs

Well JohnnyHydro has come to the rescue yet again on Everyplay, so you can relax! :D

5. JohnnyHydro

JohnnyHydro Member

You're welcome. :D

6. Ben Thumbs

You seriously saved us MANY hours of hellish frustration and probably a stomach ulcer or seven.
    Welcome to the forums also, thanks for following the Badland Everyplay trail back here to register. :D
    Can't do much but say thanks over and over, except to give you a new custom rank and rank image. ;)

7. JohnnyHydro

JohnnyHydro Member

Haha. Thanks man. That's awesome.

8. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

Yes, welcome to the forums JohnnyHydro and thanks for all the help... Gee, that's a lot of video! :shock:

9. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

This might be the most frustrating of the new levels for me. Getting past those elevators with 12+ clones is so tedious and time consuming, only for all that work to get zapped at the end! I really don't know what else to do, other than try and make the swarm as straight as possible so that the clones on each end act as bookends to protect the clones between them.

10. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

I KNOW!!! Very frustrating indeed :oops:

11. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Strange...I played Bits today to improve my clone count on my iTouch 4G. Damn my iTouch, it killed all my clones except 1 at the elevator drop arena! On my Android device, I could had easily scored more than 7 through, with enough skill maybe even all 11!

But amazingly, despite difficulty in maneuvering the clone fleet of 41 (My iTouch just can't get it right, can it?), I didn't lose a single clone on those lazers! Thought it was quite amazing :D I guess I'm not the only lucky one to do so? So my clone count increased from 33 to 41 today...

Just wondering, is it worth it to skip speed-ups (Not the time ones, can't find any opportunity to skip those)? I suspect it may be causing my deaths at the circular saw arenas. I found a way to skip 2 speed-ups. (Both before the saw arena) Also, I kmow it's also possible to skip 3 size-up power-ups, which is very much needed. (However, it may increase the difficulty of getting successive clones across the elevator drop arena, since clones respond a lot quicker to touches)

12. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Drop elevators gone bizarre!!! :o :o :o

http://imgur.com/Rk24zQR
    http://imgur.com/vQSa6Sr

What happened here? Well, basically I didn't press the gravity modifier button on my way out of the second saw arena that contains 2 portable (And DEADLY :O ) saws. It's possible not to press that button to stabilize gravity again given a small enough size, and of course only letting 1 - 3 clones through. This act did not affect the rest of the level onwards, so no powerups were sighted going crazy and flying like as if the evil machines in the background created some tornado. :P So only this portion is affected.

This may be used to save the clones from earlier easier, but the last upward column is difficult to pass with so many clones at once, so many may get squashed. Go ahead and try it to see if it's a viable way to save clones!

13. phil

phil Well-Known Member

I was wondering at the max. of 50 clones in the spreadsheet.
    You just have to crash into the lasers normal sized with your 11+ clones, they'll all survive :angel:
    Unfortunately I lost one before.
    Normal size is important when your clones fall down into the last laser, now they're fast enough.

14. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

If you're wondering about how the maximum counts are being measured: Don't think of it as an obsolete thing. The maximum counts have been decided through mutual agreement by members of this forum, by looking at what's most probably the max. clonecount possible for a level. 50 was the most achieved one what you could read here, meaning that's the max. someone from here got there. On the left of it you saw 51+, meaning it is thought 51 or more should be possible. If there is only mentioning of 51 in that area, it means (that in every normal circumstances) 51 would be the maximum number to get, or you would have to do something really funky to increase that where no other person in the world would've thought of ;)

If you understood all up above, and just meant to say about your way of saving them, you're damn right! Guess everyone (including me) only thought of trying to get the clones smaller (and perhaps a little faster or normal speed) to get as many as small as possible through the laser part section. But indeed, enter the falling blocks part at a normal size and you'll live :D

Tried a few times this night/morning, straight away got 50 but at last 51. In order to get more you have to make that last part at once, which is tricky, but possible. Even though I don't think a lot more are possible, guess 53, perhaps 54 is max. here. Didn't take the slow down powerup just before the moving laser section as I was afraid it would slow me down and make me lose a few clones, but later tried with it and didn't lose any. So for speed (also if needed anywhere else in the level) -1 is possible.

Thanks, great find!

15. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

You can also not press the second gravity button, you will see what happens.

This finale was crazy tho, not a single clone died at the lasers, what the :crazy: Very nice.

16. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Heard about that before yeah but never tried, now I did:

The direction gravity takes over the rest of the level looks to be the one that the spinning gravity rock points out to the second it disappears from your screen. So point somewhere up and there will be no falling blocks at the end :) . Not really sure about this but the times I tried it sorta seemed to be like this. If you wonder about why I do so slow about that first part from the falling blocks part, it is to skip that size-down powerup so I will have the same size like in my 51 run.

17. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

omg you are a genius, always thought it was luck. And also the size thing, being one size up makes lot of difference. Nice.

18. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Cool. I tried not pressing the button after Light Rock posted here last year, but never saw this effect. Instead there were falling blocks going from upper left to lower right, and sometimes opposite. Made it harder to go through instead easier. Now waited for the spinning gravity thingy to point in the right direction. In my 53 run I waited a split second too long, so there were the (not falling) blocks, but only at the very top of the screen, easy to avoid. Above the first laser one of them hit me from behind (I noticed it only in the replay), lost none, but got the slow power up. And I had all size down powerups in the (not) falling blocks part before, there was no way to avoid them. Still lost no clone to the end. Seems there is still some randomness in passing the lasers.

Nice find, thanks!

19. Straitorden

Straitorden Well-Known Member

Thank you guys, that you really showed unusual passing of the level. Never thought of trying more than 52, but thanks to you it turned out to be much more

20. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

A hell lot more, 59!! :shock: incredible.

You should try the 12 on Phaser, it was hella cool ( hell indeed)