Lifeless

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Wheat1328, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

You got it! Bummer :lol:
    Nice job ;)

2. twiki

twiki Active Member

Can someone offer me some help on this level please - it's the last of my Day I missions and for some unknown reason I simply can't do it in 1 hit!

I'm constantly getting killed by the rolling ball about 1/2 way through - it seems about 99% of the time I just don't make it out the tunnel in time to get into the first small hole.

When I restart and play from the checkpoint just before it - it's about 30% success rate.

I've tried being normal size (ie size you at at the checkpoint, so I could practice it) as well as being tiny tiny.

Forget saving clones - I can't believe I'm having issues with what looks like to be the easiest obstacle on the level!

3. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Size doesn't matter. Roll up the ball, don't try and "out-run" it. See how I do it here: https://everyplay.com/videos/1804406

4. twiki

twiki Active Member

Thanks, but I still can't get it right. I don't seem to be able to get out in front of it enough to roll up it. When occasionally I do make the hole, the ball still semi-squashes me... 20 more fails at this already tonight!
    I can either roll up the top wall, or try and fly up the chute without hitting the walls, either way it's the same result.

5. Wheat1328

6. twiki

twiki Active Member

Thanks for the tips, that's what I had to do in the end, get very small and have the ball run over me on the way to the first hole. Still not sure why I can't seem to do it "properly" but eventually managed to fluke it and get that achievement. I'll no doubt have to conquer it again when I push for some more clones - but that's a little way off at the moment and I can now concentrate on Final Frontier a bit more.

7. Wheat1328

I'm not sure even what to say..... good luck. This is pretty much unanimously agreed upon to be the hardest 1-try level.

8. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Really?! I thought Final Frontier was waaayyyy harder. I know I can do Lifeless in 1 try, but the closest I got before was being left behind at rock boulders part due to my low-end device. I can do that perfectly now, but there's now the saw portion where you are sticky. Need to figure out the pattern... The big boulder ball wasn't much of a problem fot me.

9. Wheat1328

I think you read that wrong Light Rock. :D I 100% was implying that Final Frontier is the hardest.

10. FBI Light Rock

Ah I see. I must had looked at it from a wrong angle. :)

11. FBI Light Rock

Argh!!! Now I'm the one having trouble with Lifeless. I've spent about 2 hours on this level but still can't get that 1 try mission! I really can't imagine how much harder can Final Frontier get....

Anyway, the only problem I have is pacing of my clones. I have no idea what's the right speed. The only hurdle that I have is the very last part with 2 circling saws in that arena. I can't get my clones through as EVERYONE gets killed. :evil: I've already figured out the perfect size and what size-up and size-down power-ups to get but can't figure the right speed.

I know you have to go quite fast at the end. I also know one speed-up power-up cannot be taken since it lies with the area of the size-up power-ups (I can go through that part that supposedly needs to be really big to smash your way through a gate, but I do it extremely tiny through its small gap). Other than that, what other of these speed power-ups to avoid? And should I even attempt to be extremely tiny at the end? I ask the latter question because bigger clones form a bunch of clones with a larger diameter, which may increase chances of the clones behind surviving.

Help very much appreciated! This level really drove me nuts today...

12. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

The best way I found was to be as small as possible, traveling at about the standard speed and to fly through both saw rooms as fast as possible i.e without hesitating or bumping walls too much etc.

13. Wheat1328

Yeah. Lunartic is pretty much right. Time your start on that first saw correctly and fly straight through. Check out my Everyplay video to see what I'm talking about - link in my signature below. ;)

14. FBI Light Rock

Thanks guys! I'll retry after I flush down my frustration with that Lifeless and get enough idle time to sit down and do this seriously enough.

P.S. I retried Blush today and just got 38 clones! I'm happy with that for now until I get my iPad Mini which handles a lot of clones better. I almost wondered how to get through the second boulder firing machine until Wheat's Everyplace video helped me! :D

15. FBI Light Rock

Ok, I think I nailed the speed. Thanks for the help guys! I just need to repeat this on my crappy iTouch and then use my better Android to save even more clones! (Yeap, just got a better score of 13 clones) I so need to work on my clone bunching-up at the very end; my clones got too dispersed when entering the second saw arena, so I couldn't save quite a lot of them.

Wheat1328's video was a bit confusing to me, as he skipped a lot of the Fast and Slow power-ups, and got some too. I figured out that getting almost all the Fast and Slow power-ups helped. I skipped the 2 Slow power-ups at the area you are supposed to grow very big to break through the gate, skipped the Fast power-up after the big boulder part twiki mentioned (Since there are 3 size-up power-ups there too, so I wanted to avoid them, despite losing 1 or 2 clones most of the time), and finally the last Slow power-up just before entering the saw arenas. I hoped I helped any future guys who have trouble with this level! :D

16. Wheat1328

:D :cool_02:

17. FBI Light Rock

Unless someone is able to convince me that getting more than 3 clones past the saw portion with sticky, I don't believe the absolute max theoretical clone count is the achievable max. Someone, please convince me that it's possible to make ALL 5 clones past that saw portion. I'm only able to achieve 2 clones past so far, and don't quite remember getting a third one past...

18. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Is anyone else having an issue not detonating the mine at a super small size? Any advice would be appreciated.

19. ogster

ogster Elite Member

try not to be too small. and try to drop from as high as you can.

20. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Sooooo, this one... surprised me to say the least :D . Like I said after posting the Fly movie, I also was playing this one (and Final Frontier) a lot this week. Was of course aiming for this, but normally I leave 4 instead of 3 size-ups before the part where you need to let the mine explode. When I realized this I almost restarted the level, but thought, aah let's just finish it, we'll see. Wasn't really even playing for real until suddenly I got all 5 clones through the moving saws part. YAY, let's try, and my god it even worked out! ALL 36 Clones :D :D :D

Was really struggling whether I should stick with speed at 0 or at -1. -1 (the speed you can see in Wheat''s movie) gives you overall more time, and also (in my opinion) makes it more easy to get through the moving saws part with more clones. Downside is that you have to be really really exact in timing at the final. Just a tad to soon and you'll lose clones, to late as well. With the standard speed it's a lot harder to get more clones through, but gives you a lot more freedom if you leave a little bit early or late. Not a lot freedom, but makes the final part better doable in my eyes. Notice of course that with each different speed there's a different point where you need to start flying with the clones, in my video you clearly see the one at neutral, for the other one speed, again, check Wheat's movie.

As of now, if I have the option to record with my laptop, I will record it in a lower resolution. I'll lose a lot of detail but at least things will go smooth, and for the viewer it will be clear what's happening instead of having a shocky movie where details are lost. Next thing I really need to try and fix is that damn sound, something really screwed up in my microphone jack in the laptop I believe. Ahh well, we have the images and that's what's most important ;) .

/Edit: Hmm youtube really kills the quality, I brought it down but not this much... Problem is my movie was recorded at 352 pixels in width, so no 360p option... Next time will make the frame to record just a liiiiitle bigger.
    /Edit 2: Changed the youtube video, rendered the original one in Vegas Studio to become 360p, still not as good as originally recorded but better as the crappy recording the first one was.
    /Edit 3: For those who want to see the original (so more detail), uploaded it here for you: http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/6YneBFaS/file.html
    Isn't that big, 40 MB ;)
    /Edit 4: Sigh, aaaand another edit. Totally forgot that I also recorded the run on my previous phone just in case my laptop would screw up and Badland would've closed in between. So for those who also think a camera recording will do, here you go. At least not as f'ed up through youtubes rendering...