Clonechipper

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Wheat1328, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

CLONECHIPPER

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Wheat1328 your recent upload to Everyplay of your 63 clone saving run here in CLONECHIPPER, inspired me to push past my current 58 clone target and within 10 minutes I managed to do a 61 clone saving run.

3. Wheat1328

Awesome! Nice job!! :thumbup:

4. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Nice, 3 more than I. Wish I were able to improve within 10 minutes. ;-)

You didn't update in the sheet? I still see 50 there.

5. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Yeah I've got a heap of updating to do in the sheet, but I only get on a PC about once a week and hate doing stuff like that on mobile devices (too easy to screw something up etc.)

6. n0phun

Oh yes, every time I start an edit accidently while only reading the sheet on the phone I cancel. Sometimes it's even hard to find the cancel button. And no Ctrl-Z, no menu bar (so no undo)...

7. Wheat1328

Shake your phone to undo. :D Took me a long time and a lot of frustration to figure that out.

8. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

This morning finally got past 64, been trying for ages. Might as well been above 70 though, were 44 clones through the saws, +30 theoretically could've given 74. Satisfied with this result though:)

n0phun and phil like this.
  9. phil

phil Well-Known Member

Very nice! Now I have to give it another try :D

<|-|!<0 likes this.
  10. n0phun

Trying for ages, yes. Like phil, I had to give it another try, had 66 before. Always thought that 70+ should be possible. Up to 69 now, lost three in the upper row at the end, so I must have had 42 through the saws. Still not satisfied with the result. ;-) I think that a result in the high seventies is possible. I tried very often since Friday, this one looked very much like yours in the part between the two saws. Still hoping that one fine day it might be 50 there instead of your 44. But with all the bouncing before and between the saws there is a high fraction of chaos and chance there, even higher than the percentage of skill, I think.

11. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Not really sure about that. Thought the same before, but if you time things right (so when to start pressing the screen again once your clones dropped towards the 2 superclones) you see there is a certain line that is mostly followed. Before I didn't really look at that line, was trying to adjust how the clones flew so they didn't hit the saws too much, mostly resulting in the opposite. Thing here is that you need to take advantage from the effect clones get when one or a few get killed by the saws. The others nearby get a push away from it. Like above recording showed that can come in handy if it happens at the 'tail' of the cloneflock.

Anyway, you might be right :) . On very limited occasions I manage to save all clones I have, but most of the times I lose at least 2 above. But with some skill and indeed some luck who knows, might indeed go towards the higher 70's in score.