CYCLO Challenge - Who can make a 10-level pack for Cyclo ?

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Great job @Sheepy !
    I really really really (really) love :
    . Your beggining : this liquid effect is very cool ! I think can be cool to have different variant of it for each levels !
    . Your big button portal ! Very awesome effect !
    . Your saw who moves 1s when you touch it :)

I think your level need to have more challenge, but your cavern look is good :)

2. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

Wow a good start Sheepy!
    A problem is that you can press that 'button' from below.

3. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback!

I updated my level so that the button can only be pressed from the top, but it messed up the portal look a bit. I'm not sure if you rally notice it that much, so tell me if it needs to be fixed. I am going to work on making it a little harder, and maybe add some more content.

4. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

i would like some feedback on the alpha version of Growing, my #cyclo level, is this what you had in mind, what should i change?

5. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

I like the level! There are an number of things I would change though. Mainly, the level doesn't seem to have enough content or challenge. The concept is nice, but you seem to just be going through the level, getting bigger (or smaller), and getting more clones, and there aren't any obstacles for you to pass. There isn't really much in the level that makes you need to think about how to get through, or anything that endangers you, so I think you should add in a few more traps/obstacles. I like the idea and design though!

Also, you missspelled cyclo in the level name.

MisterM likes this.
  6. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

I have an general question about this. How many people are making levels? So far I know that I am making one, and that MisterM is making one, but I am not sure how many people are going to make one, and given that we want exactly 10 levels, we should figure that out.

MisterM likes this.
  7. Vicvic91

I agree with Sheepy, it's a really cool level, but missing some puzzles and challenges to make it more... unforgetable ! :)
    And I really love the beggining look on Sheepy's level : can you try to use the same system to make something similar but unique in your level ? :)

MisterM likes this.
  8. Vicvic91

I hope some makers will join the project and try to create a level : I think about @CUBE MAN OFFICIAL @Vavje @333mmcc @Pizzaandy @FBI Light Rock @Baksbrown @Patrick Buffa @Hráč @Hj326 @Super zwerver @Cleedek @Good_Smile @dsingleterry @Arrow147 :)

MisterM likes this.
  9. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

Also, does anyone have a better name for my level than "saws"?

10. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

MisterM likes this.
  11. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

I'm not so sure.. maybe, 'cutters?'

MisterM likes this.
  12. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

Vicvic91 likes this.
  13. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

i could do that, but i intended to make the level more simple so people can "learn" what a cyclo level is like, but i guess i might add some puzzles.

14. Vavje

Vicvic91 likes this.
  15. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

Wow! I really love the level! It has tons of great traps, and is a good dificulty!

Also, Cyclo's eye is yellow, so you could change the eye color if you wanted.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Vavje likes this.
  16. Vicvic91

Wow, thanks @Vavje ! :)
    . I really love the rock floating idea : your rock effect floating at the center of th screen is very cool !
    . Your final red eye is beautiful ! A really new kind of red eye, I like it !

Here is some things I will improve :
    . there is too much particles with each of your octopus, it don't feel like official Frogmind's levels eheh :)
    . In some parts you are using slow motion : maybe can be better to use Time powerups instead of.

btw, it's a great level ! :)

Vavje likes this.
  17. Vavje

Hi there,
    Thanks for advices ! Level is now updated.
    @Sheepy : yellow replaced red in the cyclop eye.
    @Vicvic91 : you're right. Too much particles sucks. It's fixed and visually better now.
    See you next with another updating (slow motion vs time power up).

Oh ! And many thanks for placing Cnidaria in the Frogmind choices. Proud to be part of all these "Wow!" levels.

18. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

My lvl is done! FATCLONE! Sorry I'm late.

19. Vicvic91

20. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

No, it's based on a lvl from Voltiac called UNDERGROUND. It was a good idea, but I thought I could make it better. Anyways, my only CYCLO lvl is FATCLONE.