News and Misc

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 12, 2013.

1. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I'm curious to see that, because the sensitivity on Badland controls are very tight, i wonder how they managed to transfer them... i don't see myself playing in a control...

definitely gonna buy the mac version tho since i didn't pay a cent to the game yet.

2. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

Check out the AMA.
    http://ow.ly/Ipd1T

Excited? Perhaps I am. I'm going to get it. Of course, it will be different so we probably will have to have a Console version of the game section.
    The graphics are going to be wonderful.

I worry about the controls a little though.

3. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Read it a few days back yeah, looks all good. I don't worry about the controls, believe they will make it work. Only problem I see is that it makes Badland to easy perhaps, but sure they'll get that covered.

4. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Appears I just got an update, since when I started Badland there was a number 1 at the coop section, meaning there was something new in there. Believe the Daydream-pack was only singleplayer up until now right? It's at the coop section right now anyhow. Right away tried if that had effect on the glitches around, tried Switch (with the hidden achievement), and indeed, received the achievement Master of Darkness there by letting the mine go off.

/Edit:

Indeed an update, from the Windows Phone store:

Brings the version-number to v 2.5.1.0. Also see the statistics are again different, but returns the number of times your screen has been touched and time played etc.

/Edit 2: Hmm strange thing, in the App Store its version number is 2.6 instead of 2.5.1.0. But also update 23 is the last one. Perhaps since they also added this in the update there:

- Everyplay replay recording works again (sorry about this!)

Hehe, smart way of saying we didn't want all of the new levels to appear on Everyplay and killed that function temporary, or was it really a mistake ;P ?

5. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Got this one too, now. Extremely easy, you are even allowed to die when hitting the mine.
    Did anyone try other glitched achievements? No one dies in Clonetron in Coop, does it work now?

The new achievements are:
    - Dreams come true. Complete all the Daydream levels in Coop.
    - We are the saviours. Save 3000 clones in Coop. (Nice joke. No 2500, which would have been more realistic)
    - League of Clones. Complete 300 Missions in Coop. (again, not possible for me, but 270 may be possible)
    - Hidden achievement. Hint: Level Hypersonic in Coop.

Any ideas for the hidden achievement in Hypersonic? Couldn't find anything so far.

Ah, thanks, I wanted to ask if this was fixed. I think it was a mistake, as it never happened before with any new levels.

For all players who do not read in every topic: with Daydream Coop at least two single Daydream levels were changed: Sleepy, where you no longer can dodge both fast powerups at the beginning, this makes high clone counts impossible.
    And Bad Music, this level is easier to play now. Discussions are in the Sleepy topic.
    So, don't update, get more clones in Sleepy first. ;-)

My personal opinion is that nothing should be fixed that is not broken, and changing levels already played by many people is very bad style.

6. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Agreed, it is not fair with Kullua who had 12 clones on Bad Music, and that was incredibly hard. And Sleepy was very cool and fun to save clones and now other players will be stuck.

Now anyone can get 12+ on Bad Music. Stupid changes.

7. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Something else I noticed that got updated or perhaps without their knowledge got bugged (what I guess); Was playing Speedball a bit yesterday, and at the 2 first canons shooting stones at you (first one at the 3 speed-up section and second one just after, after that one comes the sticky-ball canon), well, the stones don't react like stones anymore once they have hit something. Once they hit something they lose a lot of their velocity, but sturdy travel along until they hit something else again, and will move into the direction where they bounce towards etc. etc. You're hit more easily now as well, at that first canon when you get around the third speed-up the stones shoot right through the wall at you, and at that second canon it sort of shoots behind the wheel in front of it that normally would protect your group. There are some advantages to it though, if your lucky, but that's why I would consider this a bug; If some of those stones have a level forward facing trajectory, they sometimes hit one or a number of the size-ups ahead, making them roll away and leaving you a lot smaller. You might take some advantage on this even though I have a feeling towards it like 'I'm cheating here' (not taken advantage of it, the 1 clone up yesterday was a run without a stone getting there).

Thought it might be a little bug that after reset would be gone but nope, still there. After that I played the level Time for a while and yup, also the canons at the end at that level did the same thing. Don't know if it's further effecting any other levels (or perhaps the complete game), or that this is a Windows Phone only bug. Didn't look at my android version yet, and don't really want to already since I haven't updated there yet, perhaps a good reason not to and first get a better score at Sleepy. So perhaps if some of you guys would look at one or both levels if this is also at Android/iOS? If we know more we could otherwise contact Frogmind about it.

Offtopic: Jezus Kullua is a beast :mrgreen: The man sometimes thinks "let's see what others are doing, Oi some clones behind on D1Noon/Night, allrightie let's play a few and bazinga I'm steady for the next few weeks". Would really like to see him take on Doomsday, curious what he would pull there:)

8. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I tried speedball and didn't notice anything different ( and honestly i didn't quite get what you mean, i guess i would have to see it)

Lol, yeah. Kullua is the master of karate. You were blue for a brief moment.

edit: And he have 460 + clones on doomsday, something like that. idk why he didn't put his doomsday scores on the spreadsheet. But i think his ipad is the fisrt one and doomsday didn't quite work well in the system. i use to have ipad 1 and it could get slow sometimes. idk.

9. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Here you go. Video is private this time, as soon as we know which OS does/doesn't have this bug, we can inform Frogmind about it. Will delete the video after that.

Sure do believe that, my dad has an iPad 2 which is really starting to retire, lived a long life though ;)

10. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

How are we suppose to watch if it's private, lol.

11. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Oh shit, thought that meant it is hidden from my playlist and doesn't show up for anyone when Badland is searched, only accessible to those who have a proper link towards it :P Will change it in a second.

/Edit: Changed it to Hidden, sorry 'bout that :mrgreen:

12. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I think it was always like that. And i remember some powerups falling because they were hit by the little cannon balls... im not sure what the bug is exactly.

13. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Well if you look at Straitorden playing Speedball (around 1:00) and Grandmort playing Time you see that those stones fall down, like stones normally react. In my video they act strange. Also they shoot through the cover around the 3rd speedup at Speedball where you're normally are protected from it, and just after they suddenly go through that wheel.

So I wonder whether iOS and/or Android has the same thing, if I know it from both sides I'll inform Frogmind about it, being a general bug or Windows Phone only for example.

14. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

That's true man. Now i noticed...

your rocks are acting like on daydream's level "stuck". there is a rock that floats around in the middle of the level after the laser gadget explodes.

But i just checked on mine, playing speedball, and they are acting normal, not like yours. weird.

I remember something weird on the level Clonespikes a long time ago. The superclone powerups were attracted by the clone and they were not sticky. So it was incredibly hard to do the "survive without cloning" egg. but also really cool, i think i did it only once. It changed only for one update.

It is very important that the game stays the same for every console. Although this change itself wont make much difference probably.

15. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Indeed it acts like that one yeah, thought if I'd mention that but thought what if that also doesn't belong normally ;P But happily it does.

Thanks anyhow, if someone (n0phun or someone?) from the Android camp might tell me if Android has the same problem or not, I'll be able to tell the folks at Frogmind. And you're right, it isn't that big like they did with Bad Music or so, but like I said, if your lucky they might knock some extra size-up powerups away for you making it easier to get more clones (I can hit myself to the head for Speedball, got 25 [without having a stone helping me!] clones in good size through that sticky-canon section, lost a few after but still would've possibly resulted in 70+, but then I set off a mine after taking those time fasteners. 9 left :'( ). Got to say while playing that end from Time, those floating rocks did interfere with a few clones, they normally might have made it to the end but got hold down, leaving them behind or getting a target again for the canons. So it does effect, even though the effect is minimal.

16. n0phun

I'll look into it, still not sure. May take a while, I need to play Swampy first... ;-) No really, my playing time is limited, or should at least be. Can you just let the vid be there? No need to delete it, or is there a limit on space?

But wasn't there always an effect from the stone at the end of Time? I'll try that, again, need some clones there anyway.

17. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Oh no that's fine, there are more clones to save then just these two levels, this isn't of big concerne ;) Also there is no limit in space (as far as I know), I was more thinking it doesn't really add up in the list between other clonesaving-videos or videos with tips on playing levels. But that doesn't even really matter, since I've got it hidden for people who don't have a straight link towards it;) Time was even by accident that I played that one, thought I was at a good rate there without much room for improvement, even though I must say I now know how to play it properly. Just played it since I hadn't in a while. Speedball I'm trying to improve but there it isn't really a nuisance, so take all the time you need;) Or perhaps someone else will play it before you (or I update my Galaxy SIII, though I still have to improve on Sleepy there first) and let's it know;)

18. n0phun

Don't waste the advantage in Sleepy!

19. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

"We're working on our biggest update for the mobile version we've ever made. But we're not talking about that yet."
    --Frogmind, at GDC 2015

20. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Day 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 at once. First week :D

(If only that would happen... bye social life. Curious though!)