News and Misc

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Argh for some reason the main banner and YouTube links don't seem to be showing up on any mobile devices for me. Weird! They display just fine on a computer and I've never come across this bug before. :?

I'll endeavor to get it sorted out ASAP.

EDIT: Turns out the problem is spread right across all of my forum sites, so it's obviously a major bug. Hope they get it sorted out soon!

2. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

What main banner? I see "Badland" on PC and iPhone, on iPhone I see additionally a larger picture from some military game, it seems. Always wondered why that is there.

No problems with youtube-links, can you name a post where that is broken?

3. Ben Thumbs

The banner and YouTube deal seems to have sorted itself out (perhaps I was having crappy internet or something), but now I'm curious as to what you're seeing in regards to "a larger picture from some military game"?! Can you post a screenshot of what that looks like for you? It might be the default forum skin somehow showing up instead of the "The Badland Forums A Fan Site" banner. That's displaying perfectly for me now though. :think:

4. n0phun

Got it fixed, partially. It's the selected board style.
    User control panel > Board Preferences > Edit global settings
    Board Style: Omega / CA Black

I had Omega, when I set that back to CA Black I see the correct banner.

What was weird is that I don't saw the military banner (in Omega) on my PC. Even more weird: I took screenshots of it on my iPhone, send them to myself by e-Mail and wanted to upload them. No miltary banner to be seen. Then I played around with my monitor setting, especially more brightness. Now it's there. ;-) It's just rather dark itself.

5. Ben Thumbs

Glad you got it sorted out! That's the very first banner we had here just after I started building the place. Perhaps I can kill that old display option with some backstage tweaking.

In other news care of the Badland Facebook page:

[​IMG]

More levels confirmed to be on the way!!!

6. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Oh. My. God. :o Is this our new Day III? Or could this be our new level set we guys have been fantasizing about i.e. The hard level set where we venture into The Eye. Can't wait for coming Monday 8pm GMT time where they will reveal more levels! Can't. Wait. Really!!!

EDIT: Lunartic just beat me to the news! Yeah, that image is creepy man. :twisted: Looks like we're in for a treat soon!

7. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Yes, it's day 3, and apparently it's already on dusk levels... maybe they will launch everything at once?

These guys are amazing...

and the battle between Ogster and Kullua will get crazy now.

8. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Really hope they make online multiplayer, it will bring all to a next level.

9. ogster

ogster Elite Member

the fun never ends! cruel, cruel game!

10. FBI Light Rock

Doesn't really look like Dusk to me. I personally think it's the most epic level set we are all waiting for (And speculating too!) to conclude Badland: The Eye.

But then again you could be right. It's been 5 months ever since any new levels has came out. So it's possible to have 3 level sets released all at one go. I doubt, though, since it that's the case why not just release the entire Day III?

11. Ben Thumbs

I wish they'd charge some money for the extra levels. Even if it was just $1 I'd feel heaps better about it, seems strange not for them to get any cash after so much effort.

12. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Agreed, i even got the actual game for free cause it was Apple Store birthday or something. They deserve to be as richier as possible.

13. n0phun

Uh, you killed Omega. Can I have it back, please? And one or two of the other styles too? I promise I'll look into how the banner is to be inserted there (just not the coming week, want to have at least a few spare hours to play the new levels). I even can live without the nice banner, but I can't read white on black easily. Once there were more styles, I used one with blue on white IIRC (could look that up, noted it somewhere). One day someone (probably you) deleted them, and I had to change to Omega, at least I could navigate easier with it than with CA Black. Found out now that banner was Omegas default, there are pages with demos of the styles to click through.

Momentarily (since a few hours ago) the youtube-links are gone again on my iPhone. Seems the embedding doesn't work there.
    Code:
    [youtube]aeFUhT6yk_I[/youtube]
    generates:

Code:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aeFUhT6yk_I?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    This direct link should work, without embedding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... eFUhT6yk_I

Shall we move this stuff out of the News and Misc topic?

Edit: Seems it's a kind of timeout problem with the links. I normally use Safari on the iPhone, there the problem persists. Loaded some pages with Chrome instead and got the youtube links, sometimes only after a reload. Perhaps Safari just waits not long enough until it gives up loading the complete page. Had that sometimes on my computer, pages MSIE couldn't load were loaded by FireFox (plus, on the latter I knew how to set the timeout to a higher value).

14. Ben Thumbs

I'll start a new thread.

15. FBI Light Rock

Oh ****.....:P

Look at this screen shot from the new set of 10 levels. That's totally Doomsday, boys! :o :o :o Just how much creepier can this get! (The dead branches and the lazers)

http://www.frogmindgames.com/reveal/reveal.php

16. Ben Thumbs

The DOOMSDAY expansion pack is now live in the App store!

You get the first 3 levels for free and to unlock the rest costs some cash. This is fantastic and I'm really glad FROGMIND made this a paid expansion pack. They were not kidding about the difficulty of these new levels, they are RIDICULOUSLY HARD and that's just after playing the first two levels: EVIL and CLONETRON.

Interestingly this new level pack has been set before DAY I and DAY II in the menu, so perhaps that is a prequel that goes someway towards explaining what has happened in this world of BADLAND.

Good luck, you're going to need it!!! :mrgreen:

17. ogster

ogster Elite Member

yikes! had just finished the first level and still trying to figure put what to make of the second. this level set was made by the devil! i have to steady my nerves first before i go back in there.

18. FBI Light Rock

Urgh! I just updated Badland on my iTouch 4G (and had to clear out 3 apps first! ), but it refuses to open! Dammit! :evil: Keeps crashing after the Frogmind banner. No matter what I do! I'll report this to Frogmind and I hope they'll fix it for me. Well then again they have all right to leave it since my device is way too outdated. Seriously, high time for me to get my iPad Mini Retina...

P. S. EXACTLY how hard is the hard in these new levels? From the trailer, they look insane! Need to prep myself before grabbing the Android update (I bet my iTouch will lag like crazy)...:p There better be no more "impossible" 1 try missions i.e. Final Frontier!

19. Ben Thumbs

They're fecking BRUTAL!!!

20. n0phun

Clonetron is o.k., but so far I have no idea how much the max might be. Surely far beyond my 20.
    I added the new levels at the bottom of the spreadsheet anyway, is that okay? Thought they can be sorted in order of appearance.

Uh, I can only purchase the new levels in the store from which I installed first. In this store there's a problem with my credit card. Running for a iTunes gift card now.