News and Misc

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Awesome!!

I'll get the forums updated soon for each level. If you can hold off level discussion for a day or so I'll get the "Doomsday" section updated! I'll try to have it updated within the next 12 hrs or so. Busy day at work so won't be able to slack off too much (but I'll try), so might be tonight before I can update the forums!

Anything that gets posted in the Doomsday section until then, I'll just move to the appropriate level section after it's updated.

2. Wheat1328

Also, If anyone could update the level names, either in reply to this post or in the Spreadsheet, that'd be very helpful! Thanks!

3. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

The Levels are:

EVIL
    CLONETRON
    SHIELDS
    CLONEZIPPER
    DOWNTIME
    ACCELERATOR
    CLONEBEAM
    BLOCKWORKS
    MOMENTUM
    BODYPARTS

4. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Hmm, anyone know what are the 4 new hidden achievements? 1 of them better not be Save 3,000 clones! :o That will be absolute madness!

I'm patching up the things at the spreadsheet here and there as you guys keep posting about the new levels. I hope to see a replay of these levels (Even though they may not be 1 try!) soon, because Frogmind just replied me that they couldn't do anything at the moment about my crash on my iTouch 4G so I'll wait it out until the Android version arrives next week. Can't wait to see the expression on my own face as I watch these levels in action. :P

5. Ben Thumbs

Here's your new avatar WT:

[​IMG]
    Click to go to full size image.

6. Wheat1328

Awesome!! :lol:

I'll try and screen grab it too but I appreciate the advanced copy!!

7. FBI Light Rock

The last innest circle kind of looks out of place. :lol: But congrats Lunartic for completing Doomsday! I wondered how hell must it had been? ;)

Wheat: Press on! You will make it! :D

P.S. What?!?!? <|-|!<0 just got 95 clones for Bodyparts?!?!?! What the?!?! :o

8. Ben Thumbs

I used the "Skip Checkpoint" for nearly every level, just so I could get everything unlocked ASAP. :oops:

I still have A LOT of agony and work ahead with these new levels (and many of the old ones).

9. FBI Light Rock

Lol why?!?! I rather experience the joy (of completing the level) and the frustration (of going through the level) rather than rushing it through. As some commented about Badland, "it is meant for you to enjoy the background and surreal sounds of the badlands", so they rather take their time. (There's this guy on FaceBook who commented he didn't like the new update because the level was too..uhm...hellish :P ) For me, I'm just excited to go through some hell and sometimes even figure out how to get past the obstacles! (Remember folks, Badland is also a puzzle platformer!) Were you rushing just to get the names of these levels for our little fan site? :lol: If so, wow, thank you! (In actual fact, you should be thanking yourself, since you set up this forum after all)

10. Ben Thumbs

BINGO!

And now it's past 1:00am and time for me to get some sleep. :lol:

11. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Lol, it's suppose to be a lot of clones, the egg for clones saved in this level is 100, so i think a whole lot more is possible.

Awesome new levels.

12. FBI Light Rock

It's 12 a.m. at my side. :)

13. FBI Light Rock

Whu...whu...WHAT THE!!!!!!!!!!!! :O :O :O

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....................****!!@#$%^&* :P

14. FBI Light Rock

I got tip-off from FaceBook of how much clones Vivic has saved, so I'm now including them in the spreadsheet! I didn't ask his permission though, so feel free to undo my actions...and. Don't sue me please. :P

15. Wheat1328

Ok, DOOMSDAY level threads are up so we can move conversation there. Pics/Missions/Playthroughs will come later!

16. Ben Thumbs

v2.1 Bug patch update is live:

[​IMG]

17. Wheat1328

Glad they put that explanation in there - maybe that will shut some people up!

18. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Yeah, i hope this doesn't make them give up or something.

They created this masterpiece and still receive hate, just because they are trying to gain what they deserve.

I really think they should make a donate sord of thing on their blog.

19. FBI Light Rock

This is extremely GREAT news for me! :D :D :D I just updated yesternight right after I heard the news here. Now Badland works so fine on my iTouch 4G! It starts up nicely, and plays OK. But still...inconsistencies...that can't be helped. My trial run on Evil yesternight for a brief time still puts me stuck at the first part because my little Fury can't fly properly. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll reboot my iTouch and hope this improves, at best I'll skip the first part (What?!?! You all must be thinking, seriously?!?! :lol: ).

I'm still waiting for the Android update, but I can now have the first taste of Doomsday! :D Watch out n0phun, I will soon develop new techniques to push up my clone counts! :mrgreen:

I thought you might not know this, but I was quite pleased by the little touches they put into the game. If you last played a Doomsday level, the title screen changes to a new background. That's not the surprising part! Did you know that if you swipe on the individual laser cannons, you can control it? I thought that little touch was awesome! :mrgreen: There are some mines around the screen to explode, and it seems like there are also some objects to burn away but I'm not sure. I suspected this could be a hidden achievement but didn't get anything out of it so far. Is my speculation correct?

P.S. Lunartic, it's version 2.0.1, not 2.1. :lol: You made me thought that there was a major change in the game, like adding new levels, new features, etc.

20. FBI Light Rock

Just got the full experience of Doomsday today. True enough, I skipped the first part of Evil. But I skipped many more parts of Evil too...but bringing 6 clones to the end the first time is pretty not bad, I thought. :P Basically, I applied the Skip Checkpoint to 4 levels: Evil, Clonetron, Accelerator and Momentum. I later went back and completed Clonetron. Momentum is brutal! There are zero checkpoints! What the! :o It's not because I have no ability to do it, it's just my laggy iTouch that makes me unable to maneuver the little Furys properly (Especially Evil, though surprisingly I got past the cube throw part after just a few tries. Not too hard, as I thought. ;) ).

When I get my Android version, I'll definitely push up my clone counts drastically! :D

You know, at first, when I saw the Wheat1328's video on Downtime, I was frustrated as I saw the video since it kept speeding up and slowing down. I had no idea this was part of the whole level (Didn't think what the level name means). I was like: Wheat, will you seriously stop this madness?! :lol: Now that I went through it (Almost gave up and wanted to skip checkpoints, but luckily I persisted), Downtime has got to be the most irritating level in Badland history. Argh!