News and Misc

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 12, 2013.

1. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Centipede is completely nuts, i don't think i will ever survive with one try on this one, all mission are done, and all levels survived with one try... except for centipede... and i think even survive with 3 tries will be a hard get... at least for now.

2. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Yeah.... I don't think the top Badland player will get it. Better just throw in the towel... :? ;) :lol:

I've felt that way about past levels and eventually got it. I'm sure this will be the same. I'm glad to hear there's one very difficult thing to do in DAYDREAM. Looking forward to playing it!

3. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

The other levels aren't exactly easy, but is definetely no Doomsday.

But i loved each one of them, and i even like how few clones are possible to save, i think there's no way to break 100.

4. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Announcement:
    Update #22 brings a new level pack called "DAYDREAM":
    - 10 brand new DAYDREAM levels
    - 30 new missions
    - 5 new achievements
    - Journey through the new bizarre DAYDREAM levels with the 'SNORF' character
    /Announcement

Levels are really bizarre, but not nearly as much clones to get as in Doomsday. Coop versions already visible for the future when you open Coop Mode.

Achievements are:

Dream come true - Complete all the levels in Daydream
    Call me morpheus - Complete all the Daydream levels with one try
    Three kilos of clones - Save 3000 clones in total
    Mission possible - Complete 300 missions
    Hidden achievement - Hint: Level Flail
    (Nice hint, so we have to find this level OR find out which one is meant.
    I allways thought a hidden level might be nice.)
    Hidden achievement - Hint: Level Switch

I count 6 and not 5 new achievements here, was any of these already there before?

5. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I don't get this achievement here, what the heck is Flail? :?: :(

6. n0phun

Swipe to the achievement list in the game itself. Scroll. It's listed between "Total Dedication" and "Twins".

7. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Oh, found it, it's a bug, it's actually GOD STATUS, complete the level FLAW with the Chained character.... it's is written Flail for some reason.

And YAAAAAASSS, finally got an EGG on the centipede level. the 4th egg, survive with 56 tries. :lol:

8. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Centipede was nuts too, I almost gave up and went to complete other levels. Then I came back and lucked on this darned level and miraculously one-tried it. I'm now the second guy to reach all 30 missions completed for Daydream! Also got the Call Me Morpheus achievement through completing that darned level. W00t! :D

Felt like I cheated through it or something; I simply just went frenzy on the laser and spike parts and miraculously got through them. Is there a way to consistently grt through the spike part in particular? Don't quite understand when the spikes will start doing its sabotage work.

Upended was nuts too, took a few tries to get it one-tried too. Last part when resuming the rocks sideway fall had to be perfectly executed. Glad I got through it all!

Time to save the clones! Far from you though, Chico :lol:

9. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

It took several tries but i got it too, i was doing it in 5, 4 tries.... and then suddenly one tried and got all eggs at once. It's all about getting used to it

If you felt like cheating just do it again, lol, but it was probably a lot of instinct... and i find the spikes actually simpler than the lasers.

True that, the last rocks is the most complicated.

10. Straitorden

Straitorden Well-Known Member

I think 100 clones is realistic. May be it's possible to get close to 110..

<|-|!<0, how did you manage to save 2 clones on STUCK? At normal speed, I don't have time to go with 2 through the rocks at the end, when slow speed through the lasers passes only one.

11. FBI Light Rock

Go one size smaller than normal. It does make the part where you push the suspending boulder harder due to less pushing power, but it's possible. I've gotten 6 clones past that part, and then at the part with the lasers I got 4 through. But at the very last part where there are those Big powerups, I dared not take more than 2 clones through. I even accidentally scooped up one of the Big powerups, though the one size smaller from just now just nice compensates such that there is enough clearance to get through.

It was definitely nerve-wrecking though. :lol:

Agreed, either you or Chico will get to 110 eventually. There's a lot of potential in the first level Switch to get a lot more. Hopefully it's not the level set with the least max clone potential; starting to slowly love these new levels. :) I mean, who cares about Day 1 Dawn... :P

12. FBI Light Rock

Mine was purely luck...didn't feel that great sense of accomplishment when I got the 3 eggs at once. Yeah, definitely going for it again, and this time I'm gonna find a proper way to get past those pesky lasers and spikes.

If anyone gets 2 for Upended, I'll be truly amazed. It's probably possible, but insanely hard. I've gotten 2 past the bomblets about 2 times. But it's about lining them up so nicely that the 2 clones get pushed by the rocks in a horizontal line. Sounds insane. :P

13. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Welcome Straitorden!

Yeah, what Light rock said...

14. n0phun

The level has been renamed from Flaw to Flail everywhere in the game, look at the overview for Day 1 - Dusk.
    Doesn't help to get the achievement anyway. :-(

15. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Omg, that's true, weird, i'm curious now to know why, FLAW was such a proper name and it fit so well, i have no idea why tho, so Flail is good too...

You still didn't complete the level with the chained character? that's a must achievemnt, really hard but really cool at the same time, go for it.

16. n0phun

Yeah, I will spend some more hours here when I've got the time.

And every achievement is a must. Sigh.

17. FBI Light Rock

Flaw was nice, but by right Flail is actually a better name. Well, we are all used to the level name Flaw that the name Flail is hard to accept.

But Google the word Flail and this word actually refers to a weapon that is a rod with a spikey ball attached to one end via a chain, which is so similar to the set - up at the start of the level.

Could understand why they changed it, but it really is weird to change the name Flaw only after so long. :?: :?: :?:

Do you guys want to keep the name Flaw on the spreadsheet or do you guys rather have it changed to the new name Flail?

18. n0phun

It is a bad idea to change things that have no impact on gameplay after so long time, when the name is established everywhere. It is still in the German translation. They should work on the bugged coop missions instead.

Make it Flaw / Flail like in the coop sheet. Just my 2¢.

19. n0phun

Some new devices: http://www.badlandgame.com/badland-game ... r-edition/

They had to change levels because of new input methods, but read it yourself...

20. phil

phil Well-Known Member

Wow, that's exciting news.