News and Misc

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 12, 2013.

1. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Some action from the GOTY edition on GDC. Looks nice and all, the only thing I fear for though is that the game will get too easy. Flying back, hovering, it kind of takes away a lot of the thrill in my opinion from the original one. But we'll see :)

2. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Ugh, i don't like this at all... you can go left???!?!?!? that will make things so easy and lame.

I guess i would have to play to really give a honest feedback, but from what i see in the video, i hated it. :evil:

3. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

So Ive been reading a lot of articles on this upcoming console version. Any that comes out I read.
    One of them (I can't find it, when I do, I'll edit my post. It's legitimate) has a quote from vp from Frogmind (I can't remember Finnish names :/ ) that goes
    "You thought the app was hard, it is pale compared to the console version"

So you know, perhaps we need to wait to make judgements. It might suck but it might actually be fun and hard. :)
    Either way I'm excited :) :D

4. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

What surprised me most about that video was how bad Teemu is at playing his own game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He said they've basically spent a year tweaking all of the levels to suit the new controls, so I think the new controls will bring with them a bunch of new challenges that will revitalize even many of the old levels. I'm not a PC or console gamer at all though... :o

5. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

I've read this too, can't find it again either. Think he didn't say pale, but that it had to be harder because console gamer are more used to harder challenges. Something in that direction.

6. n0phun

Oh yes! OTOH I don't think I'd play good at a demonstration. Horrible gameplay, though. ;-)

I think for instance the ability to go back will add many possibilities for the way a level is best played and score higher. For instance Jungle was in the demo, going back might well help to get more clones through there, as you can perhaps better group them together.

The two levels demonstrated did't look changed otherwise, level names are unchanged, so I hope it will be easier to set up boards for the GOTY version.

7. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

I don't think there'd be any need to add in new forums for them. Probably just a case of making a note about any significant changes between the old and new version in the first info post in each level thread.

EDIT: If it turns out you do need new forums to set stuff up how you'd like it, just let me know what you need and I'll get on it ASAP.

8. n0phun

Found something, and it was with "pale".

http://features.en.softonic.com/badland-game-of-the-year-edition-preview:
    That we one you read, Flamingjazz? Was linked in a tweet from @badlandgame.

9. Flamingjazz

Yes, obviously I didn't remember it all correctly.
    And I don't know what to say about the validity about some reporters trying out the game the first time, but at the same time, I am getting the vibe that this actually will be hard.
    Ok well if they completely redo the level, I'm not sure what you're thinking would work, but let's just wait until it comes out and judgements can be made later.

I hope that this "We're working on our biggest update for the mobile version we've ever made. But we're not talking about that yet." idea means that we could have a new update for the mobile version at the same time as the new game is released.

Also anyone got any idea what this "all new Worm Mode" is? Is it just like the level Centipede?

10. n0phun

Couldn't find that quote anywhere.

Might be it's just Centipede alone, and a badly written article. Apropos, has anyone read the Wikipedia article? I have problems understanding the plot part.

11. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Drugs

12. Flamingjazz

Lol :lol:
    When I have a minute I might go on and fix that.
    That was definitely a stupidly written article for plot.

13. Flamingjazz

Well I attempted to update it just now.
    Kinda hard to update Wikipedia pages on safari on iPhone for some reason.
    I'll get on later and fix it, but the plot is there and changed.
    Think it's better? If you have suggestions, let me know.

Hoping we get more news soon on updates.

14. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Badland coming to Nokia 3310!! :D :D

Source

[​IMG]

You forgot what date it was didn't you? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

15. Flamingjazz

Happy birthday Badland! The big 2!

16. Flamingjazz

Any news on GOTY or the big mobile update?
    It really has been quiet lately.

17. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

One or two weeks ago I bumped into the instagram of Frogmind, and had a look on everything. This photo intrigued me. Believe the color-scheme and setting is something we didn't see yet, so perhaps a glimpse of a new levelpack or something? Added a picture in where I zoomed in on 2 levels, the biggest zoom also loses some detail but gives better specifics about the colors that can be observed, making me believe this is something new :)

[​IMG]

Flamingjazz and <|-|!<0 like this.
  18. Flamingjazz

Wow, this looks promising. The color scheme just by itself makes me intrigued. I am so ready for this.

19. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Well there's this....

20. n0phun

Under another link there is a bit of text with release dates: