ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE & WALKTHROUGH

Discussion in 'ACHIEVEMENTS' started by Wheat1328, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]
    by Wheat1328 & n0phun​

OVERVIEW
    Estimated Difficulty: 10 / 10
    Total Number of Achievements: 77 (54 Single player, 21 Coop, 2 Multiplayer)
    Total Number of Achievement Points: 835
    Approximate Time to 100% Completion: 200+ Hours
    Minimum Number of Playthroughs Needed: Multiple playthroughs for each level
    Difficulty Affect Achievements?: No
    Number of Missable Achievements: None [via Level Select]
    Glitched Achievements:
    ---"Dominate in Coop" is currently glitched - I don't think it's currently obtainable.
    ---"Big Night for Us" is currently glitched - It is still obtainable, see description below.

INTRODUCTION

BADLAND is an atmospheric side-scrolling action adventure located in a gorgeous forest full of various inhabitants, trees and flowers. Although the forest looks like it's from some beautiful fairytale, there seems to be something terribly wrong. The player controls one of the forest's inhabitants to discover what's going on. Through his journey he discovers astonishing amount of imaginative traps and obstacles.

BADLAND takes side-scrollers to the next level with its innovative physics based gameplay combined with the extremely beautiful atmospheric graphics and audio.

BADLAND also features highly original local multiplayer for up to four players playing with the same device. The multiplayer is all about survival of the fittest with no rules in the BADLAND forest. It's completely okay to push your rivals to spinning circular saws in order to survive.

BADLAND uses one-touch controls to give the player the best possible control mechanics. In addition, the graphics have been designed to use high resolution displays. The result is an highly immersive, addicting gaming experience.

BADLAND is available on Apple App Store as a Universal App, on Google Play, Amazon, and Windows.

WALKTHROUGH - DAY 1 & DAY 2

Step 1: Play the game though start to finish and enjoy the full experience of the art, sound, and gameplay.

Step 2: Start over from the beginning, taking on one level at a time. Complete any missions that were not already completed by your first playthrough (most missions will not be completed on the initial playthrough).

Step 3: After completing all 3 missions for a level, continue playthroughs of that level before moving on. Try and achieve as many clone saves as you can. By the time you're through with this step you should have gotten all the miscellaneous achievements without trying as well as the hidden achievement TOTAL DEDICATION. BE SURE TO COMPLETE THE LEVEL IN 1 TRY - YOU WILL NEED TO DO THIS FOR ALL 80 LEVELS. Upon completing a level in one try, you will see a small yellow "I" in the upper left hand corner in the level select screen.

Step 4: Get the two multiplayer achievements. This can be done by yourself and you don't need to complete the level to count towards TRUE MULTIPLAYER

Step 5: Obtain the remaining Hidden Achievements (listed below).

Step 6: If needed, go back to save more clones to get that 3000!

DOOMSDAY

Doomsday is the first premium content for BADLAND. An additional 10 levels of madness. This expansion is viewed as the most difficult 10 level group in the game but Frogmind has really done a great job at providing a new and fresh take on level design. The expansion adds an additional 4 achievements which should be familiar if you've completed the first 80 levels.

DAYDREAM

Daydream is the second premium content for BADLAND. An additional 10 levels and once againt Frogmind has really done a great job at providing a new and fresh take on level design. The expansion adds an additional 5 achievements which should be familiar if you've completed the first 80 levels and Doomsday expansion.

COOP

BADLAND's game mode 'COOP' adds more free content and an additional 21 achievements to obtain. Although obtaining them single-handedly is possible, it's very very difficult!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  2. Wheat1328

POWERUPS

[​IMG]
    CLONE Powerup - Creates one clone of your creature.

[​IMG]
    SUPERCLONE Powerup - Creates multiply (10) clones of your creature.

[​IMG]
    SMALL Powerup - Decreases your creature's size.

[​IMG]
    BIG Powerup - Increases your creature's size.

[​IMG]
    SLOW Powerup - Decreases your creature's speed.

[​IMG]
    FAST Powerup - Increases your creature's speed.

[​IMG]
    SLOW TIME Powerup - Slows down time.

[​IMG]
    FAST FORWARD Powerup - Fast-forwards (or speeds up) time.

[​IMG]
    ROLL RIGHT Powerup - Rolls your creature clockwise.

[​IMG]
    ROLL LEFT Powerup - Rolls your creature counterclockwise.

[​IMG]
    STICKY Powerup - Makes your creature sticky. Your creature will stick to anything it hits for approximate one second. Your creature will be able to "stick" to saw blades without being killed.

[​IMG]
    BOUNCE Powerup - Makes your creature bounce off surfaces.

c/o http://www.pocketgamerguides.com

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  3. Wheat1328

ACHIEVEMENTS

Level Completion Achievements

[​IMG] BADLANDER - You complete all the Dawn levels in Day I - 5 pts

[​IMG] SURVIVOR - You complete all the Noon levels in Day I - 10 pts

[​IMG] ULTIMATE SURVIVOR - You complete all the Dusk levels in Day I - 15 pts

[​IMG] RAMBO - You complete all the levels in Day I - 20 pts

[​IMG] VOYAGER - You complete all the Dawn levels in Day II - 5 pts

[​IMG] GLOBETROTTER - You complete all the Noon levels in Day II - 10 pts

[​IMG] SEMI EXPLORER - You complete all the Dusk levels in Day II - 15 pts

[​IMG] RED EYE - You complete all the levels in Day II - 20 pts

Clone Saving Achievements
    ***Note: Clones saved in the 10 Doomsday levels count towards the clone saving achievements***

[​IMG] BENEFACTOR - You saved 100 clones in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] MINIMUM OBJECTIVE - You saved 200 clones in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] OVERDOER - You saved 300 clones in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] CLONE LOVER - You saved 400 clones in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] EXECUTOR - You saved 500 clones in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] CONTRIBUTOR - You saved 600 clones in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] CONQUEROR - You saved 700 clones in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] SHEPHERD - You saved 800 clones in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] WARRIOR - You saved 900 clones in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] MILLINNIUM - You saved 1000 clones in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] SMALL CITY - You saved 1250 clones in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] HYPERCLONER - You saved 1500 clones in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] GETTING GREEDY? - You saved 1750 clones in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] SUPERSTAR - You saved 2000 clones in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] HIGHLANDER - You saved 2500 clones in total - 10 pts

Mission Completion Achievements

[​IMG] GOOD START - You completed 30 missions in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] GETTING THERE - You completed 60 missions in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] TRUE DEVOTION - You completed 90 missions in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] MISSIONARY - You completed 120 missions in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] OOLOGIST - You completed 150 missions in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] RADICALIST - You completed 180 missions in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] TAPPING GENIUS - You completed 210 missions in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] SOLVER - You completed 240 missions in total - 10 pts

Miscellaneous Achievements

[​IMG] FORCED SACRIFICES - You lost 100 clones to circular saws - 5 pts

[​IMG] TERMINATOR - You lost 250 clones to circular saws - 5 pts

[​IMG] HAPPY ACCIDENTS - You lost 100 clones by squashing- 5 pts

[​IMG] DEXTER - You lost 250 clones by squashing- 5 pts

[​IMG] DEMINER - You exploded 100 mines in total - 5 pts

[​IMG] SURGEON - You completed 40 levels with one try - 20 pts

[​IMG] NEW THUMB PLEASE! - You completed 80 levels with one try - 20 pts

Multiplayer Achievements

[​IMG] NOT FOREVER ALONE - You played multiplayer - 5 pts

[​IMG] TRUE MULTIPLAYER - You played 100 multiplayer rounds in total - 10 pts

Hidden Achievements

[​IMG] TOTAL DEDICATION - Your playtime is more than 10 hours - 10 pts

[​IMG] GOD STATUS - You completed the level Flaw with the chained character - 10 pts

[​IMG] TWINS - You saved two clones in the level Final Frontier - 10 pts

[​IMG] MINE SOLVER - You exploded the hidden mine in the level Buttons - 10 pts

[​IMG] UNFASTEN - You did not press any buttons in the level Unbutton - 10 pts

[​IMG] ANTISTOP - You did not stop time in the level Flipping - 10 pts

[​IMG] DOUBLE TROUBLE - You saved two clones in the level Oblivion - 10 pts

4. Wheat1328

Doomsday Achievements

[​IMG] DOOMED - You complete all the levels in Doomsday - 20 pts

[​IMG] THE BOSS - You completed 270 missions in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] IDDQD - You completed all Doomsday levels with one try - 20 pts

[​IMG] HYPERSPEED - Complete BLOCKWORKS with all fast forward powerups - 10 pts

5. Wheat1328

Daydream Achievements

[​IMG] DREAM COME TRUE - You complete all the levels in Daydream - 20 pts

[​IMG] MISSION POSSIBLE - You completed 300 missions in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] CALL ME MORPHEUS - You completed all Daydream levels with one try - 20 pts

[​IMG] THREE KILOS OF CLONES - Save 3000 clones in total - 10 pts

[​IMG] MASTER OF DARKNESS -Explode the hidden mine in the level Switch - 10 pts

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  6. Wheat1328

Coop Achievements

[​IMG] FIRST DATE - Complete Day 1 in Coop - 20 pts

[​IMG] SECOND DATE - Complete Day 2 in Coop - 20 pts

[​IMG]THIRD DATE - Complete all the Doomsday levels in Coop - 20 pts

[​IMG]DREAMS COME TRUE - Complete all the Daydream levels in Coop - 20 pts

[​IMG] JOINT TASK FORCE - Save 500 clones in total in Coop - 10 pts

[​IMG] JOINT VENTURE - Save 1000 clones in total in Coop - 10 pts

[​IMG]ROAD TRIP - Save 2000 clones in total in Coop - 10 pts

[​IMG]WE ARE THE SAVIOURS - Save 3000 clones in total in Coop - 10 pts

[​IMG] SYMBIOSIS - Complete 120 missions in Coop - 10 pts

[​IMG] FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS - Complete 240 missions in Coop - 10 pts

[​IMG]MORE THAN FRIENDS - Complete 270 missions in Coop - 10 pts

[​IMG]LEAGUE OF CLONES - Complete 300 missions in Coop - 10 pts

[​IMG] FRIENDLY FIRE - Lose 500 clones in Coop - 5 pts

[​IMG] JOINT PAIN - Lose 1000 clones in Coop - 5 pts

[​IMG] BESSERWISSER - Miss 20 clone powerups while some player is dead in Coop - 10 pts

[​IMG] HIDDEN - Hint: Dominate in Coop (Likely glitched) - 5 pts

[​IMG] UNITY - No one dies and no clone powerups collected in level High Speed - 10 pts

[​IMG] QUALITY TIME - Spend over 15 minutes in the level Verticality in Coop without dying - 5 pts

[​IMG] BIG NIGHT FOR US - Missed all decrease size powerups in the level Clonefest in Coop without dying- 5 pts - Glitched: Currently if you DO get all the decrease size powerups you'll get the achievement.

[​IMG]CLONETRON: LEGACY - No one dies in the level Clonetron in Coop - 5pts

MULTITASKER - Press two buttons in the level Hypersonic in Coop - 5pts

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  7. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Mind to add which levels we talked about and the in-game hints here, not only that they are likely glitched? ;-)
    A third hidden one is in Coop Clonetron, according to the in-game hints.

8. Wheat1328

I talked about this in the OVERVIEW in the very first post. I haven't updated the guide to include the Daydream stuff yet.

9. n0phun

But that there is an achievement in coop clonetron is not in the overview, and it seems it never has been discussed.

10. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Looks like both the Doomsday Coop and the new Daydream achievements are bugged.

Based on looking at the achievements.xml in the Badland game, I found:

<achievement id="clonetron_no_one_dies_coop" google="CggIz6j7ngkQAhBT" name="ACH_TITLE_66" desc="ACH_66" hint="ACH_HINT_66" spritesheet="special.plist" gfx="special.png" hidden="1" />
    <achievement id="explode_mine_in_switch" google="CggIz6j7ngkQAhBe" name="ACH_TITLE_68" desc="ACH_68" hint="ACH_HINT_68" spritesheet="special.plist" gfx="special.png" hidden="1" />

The first one is the Coop achievement, and from the looks of the description, it's just no one dies. Probably bugged because it's not very hard to achieve.
    The second one is the new hidden achievement in the level Switch, which is what most of us already tried; exploding the mine in the glowing part of the darkness (that is not a switch). From the looks of it, you don't even need to survive after exploding the mine.

11. n0phun

Thanks. IDK, but these are only the achievement ids, not the achievement descriptions. Where is this file located and do I need root access to find it? If so, would you please e-mail it to me? I'd like to compare other achievement ids to their respective descriptions.

Happy new year to all of you!

12. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Nope, no root access required. All you need to do is to download the Badland app from the iTunes Store to your computer. Then go to the apps area in iTunes and choose to open in file explorer. Open up the Badland IPA file as if it was a compressed file (Use any compression file programme like WinRAR or WinZip). Extract the content inside to anywhere you like. From there just open up the Badland.app folder and it's in there in the long list of files and folders.

Happy New Year to all as well! :D Let there be more awesome Badland content ahead!

13. n0phun

Done that now, really only No one dies. Not bugged, at least not on Android. Name and full description:
    Legacy: No one dies in the level clonetron in coop.

Thanks again.

Edit: Sigh. It's bugged. I got it and it was shown that I got it on top of the screen, but now it's away again and only the hint is shown. Very funny.

14. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

I'll second that. It has happened to me and I'm on an iPod 4gen.

15. n0phun

I had the same effect with the new "Multitasker"-Achievent which came with the Daydream Coop Levels, it may be that I lost connection before the end of game, or something like that. Anyway, that one I got back:

Multitasker: Press two buttons in the level Hypersonic in Coop

It's the two buttons which appear at the same time, on top and bottom of the screen. The description was visible before I got it in my achievements list on Google Play.

I'll try the Clonetron achievement again, perhaps it works now.

16. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Since fireblade asked for that mission in sticky bounce I thought 'a the heck with it, let's play those Doomsday and Daydream coop-levels one time so those achievements are in as well'. Done, and also did the Multitasker one indeed. That one works (even when you press those and have none left to continue the level, what happened to me). Also tried the Clonetron one and that one works as well. Means I only need:

- 3000 clones coop
    - 120 missions coop
    - 240 missions coop
    - 270 missions coop
    - 300 missions coop
    - Hidden Dominate in coop
    - Hidden High Speed in coop
    - Hidden Verticality in coop
    - Hidden Clonefest in coop

Think I'll get those hidden achievements, and those others will most likely never come to be. Don't really care about coop even though more missions is funny, but that side of the game isn't really my biggest interest (neither does my other thumb believe it is, while it can follow a bit it's hardly as good as the other one so screws things up. Also my mind get's twisted pretty fast in what is what ;P ).

But all the others that aren't listed from what I need up above seem to work now :)

/Edit: Got the Hidden High Speed one, and also the Hidden Clonefest. Last one is still glitched while I received it by taking all decrease powerups.

/Edit2: After the 2 achievements I thought let's do a few missions, now we're in coop mode already. 2 hours later I had about 40/50 missions or so added, who knows some of those mission achievements might actually also get earned.

Something strange I didn't notice before when finishing singleplayer levelpacks; After Doomsday coop was done and the credits came, up above stood "You have now finished 3/4 days and 90/100 levels" and equally after Daydream coop 4/4 and 100/100. Nothing big, but Frogmind seems to look at those levelpacks as full days then?

17. n0phun

In Android Achievement list: Disproportional: Save over 20 more clones than your friend in Coop
    Still doesn't work for me until now, perhaps it has to be done in a level of the level pack when this was added?
    Did anyone get this achievement? This is the last hidden one I don't know of.

Unity: No one dies and no clone powerups collected in level High Speed
    But this one you've got.

We thought it was staying in Verticality Coop for 30 minutes. I always thought I might have missed something in my tries. It is while staying no one has to die. Tried it yesterday, just right at the beginning of the level. Only pressed pause/resume from time to time so the tablet didn't went to sleep. 15 minutes is enough. Seems you have to play on afterwards, at least until the achievement is registered to Google Play. Not necessary that no one dies after the 15 minutes are over. Lost it once (damned tablet shut down before it was fully registered). Got it again. Slept.

Quality Time: Spend over 15 minutes in the level Verticality in Coop without dying

Mind to add your clone counts to the Coop sheet? Chico's I'm also interested in, if you read this... ;-) You're the only one over 2500 I know of. I already asked FBI Light Rock the Daydream Total column at the top...

I already do not remember what credits came when I finished Doomsday and Daydream. Yeah, seems it is *credited* as full day. ;-)

18. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Sure, will add them in half an hour or so, though like I said I didn't really play seriously. Only the last week when I occasionally played it for doing some missions (just got the Symbiosis achievement, so 120 missions are in). My clonecount there at the moment is 2105.

What's left now then is:

- 3000 clones coop
    - 240 missions coop
    - 270 missions coop
    - 300 missions coop
    - Hidden Dominate in coop
    - Hidden Verticality in coop

Will try the verticality one in a few. Strange hidden achievement though, if that's all ;P Ah well.

/Edit: Wow indeed it worked, jeez what an achievement... Didn't get notified as well or I missed it (believe I sat there way over 15 minutes, dunno), but I achieved it according to my list. 5 left.

19. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

That's the achievment? stay alive on the level for 15 minutes? that's so stupid... im trying it rn anyway.

The reason why i didn't add my coop clone count is because some levels are bugged so there is more clones saved then what i actually saved... so i just think is pointless.

I like coop mode but i don't care too much about it, but the other day i saw on game center that im also first place on there, didn't put that much effort.

I actually did put some effort but in the missions not clone saving... i find it very interesting to complete the missions, might try to do more, but now im too close to 3.500 so im trying that.

Plus im completely addicted to clash of clans, thanks a lot Kullua.

20. -Fireblade-

-Fireblade- Active Member

I got it too! ) Notice of achieving appears. ;) very strange achievement... :?

3 left...