Mines!

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

[​IMG]

MINES!

BADLANDER DAY I: DAWN - MINES! as the name suggests, introduces the mines that will from this point on become a very common obstacle in the game. Despite your initial experiences here however, mines aren't always bad and can often be used to your advantage. That's if you hit them in the right spot and at the right time of course!

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Ben Thumbs

Playing around here in MINES! trying to find a fun level challenge and ended up increasing my best from 10 to 11 clones. :mrgreen: 12 clones Matt33?! Wow that must be a neat trick you found to pull that extra one out from that tight spot and to still have enough time to get all the rest squeezed through! :shock:

3. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

You mean at the 0:55 mark in the video? No trick I'm afraid, just painful persistence.

4. Ben Thumbs

Yep, that's the spot.
    I managed to drag it out a couple of times but then never have enough time to get them through the gap up top.
    I've got enough painful persistence in my BADLAND future, so I'll stick with my 11. :D

5. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Finally! Actually it's not that hard to get them through (trained for dragging out the one from checkpoint, you get the feeling for it despite being one size to big). Got through five or six times, only to loose one or many afterwards, the mines explode easier because you're one size bigger without the two reducers. Even in my successfull attempt I managed to explode a mine (had to because one clone was to far behind), but with incredible luck they all survived. A clean playthrough would have been nice, but so what.

6. Ben Thumbs

Well done!

7. twiki

twiki Active Member

No sure how I managed it but it is possible to skip 1 of the first 3 enlarge power ups - so you then don't need to waste one clone getting the 2 decrease size power-ups. It makes navigating around the mines harder, but the lower route to all the decrease size ones sorted it out...
    I had all 12 to the end then managed to explode the last mine! doh!

Not managed to avoid getting all 3 enlargement power ups again since though!

8. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Watch the video up above in the first post. ;)

9. twiki

twiki Active Member

Yeah just saw that, but actually my way avoids the first one.
    Go the the top and get the first powerup to detach then drop to the left of the rock - the powerup rolls down and you can then hop over the top.
    Seems to be easily repeatable too.
    Now, if only I can stop killing myself on mines I'd be in for 12!

10. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Finally got 12!! And finally saved another clone! It's been a few weeks.

Video on Everyplay for anyone interested.

11. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Congratulations! Linked the video in the spreadsheet, I have shortened your name to Wheat, as you sign this way in the comments there, okay?