Badlander

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

[​IMG]

BADLANDER

BADLANDER DAY I: DAWN - BADLANDER is a fun level to finish off DAY I: DAWN, just try not to get too carried away saving heaps of clones at about the halfway point, or you'll likely get jammed up and lose the lot of them!

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

BADLAND DAY - I: DAWN - BADLANDER with 4 Clones saved.

[​IMG]

It's ridiculous how long it took me to be able to save the 4 clones here!
    If you happen to have seen the replay of this run that I've uploaded to Everyplay and YouTube, you might of wondered what the hell I was doing for the first 3 seconds or so. That was me starting yet another attempt and grinding the clone into the roof while I was clenching my teeth and mashing my thumb into my iPad in frustration. :lol:

3. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

From the spreadsheet:
    Wasn't sure that it's possible before, that's why I never objected. After you changed the max to 4 two days ago, I wanted to have a quick look at it. In previous runs I often had the feeling that it just might be possible, but never could do it or even came up with an idea how.
    Now i lucked in getting 4 through the first critical point, and could repeat that more than once.
    [​IMG]
    Yesterday I got 5 through after the single clone powerup for the first time, that's the second critical point as you need to be very quick there too, and with 5 I lost more than in previous runs with 4 at this point most times.
    I made an idiot mistake (going down too early) after that and lost them all, at least it gives a fun picture:
    [​IMG]

But after only ;-) two or so hours of trying I lucked today.

4. ogster

ogster Elite Member

we'll done! i knew 5 was possible. i tried a few times to get 4 through. a few close tries but never did it. and i knew that if i ever do get 4 through, it's so easy to screw things up picking the last one further down.

i do wish to watch you, and i'm sure you will, give the other level packs the same attention. what crazy scores you'll surely come up with.

5. n0phun

The good thing is that after you did the 4 through the first point for the first time it is much easier to repeat it, and now I'm sure I can do it again in the future. Same for the next point, but that's harder. Got 5 four or five times now. I'm still trying this level because I'm no longer 110% sure that it is impossible to get 5 through the first point (then dying with 6 at the next, I fear).

Anyone who gets 5 through the two points be warned to be still cautious through the rest of the level, on two runs I lost single clones at the steel bar near the end. With four clones it is possible to skip the fast powerup on the way, didn't luck to do that with five.

Thanks. Don't think I will reach your scores, as I spend a crazy amount of time in this level pack to reach that score, and will not do that in every other. I'm going for 2350 and >1100 in D1 for now, and it's already slow some days.

6. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

More than 5 could be possible?!?! Grabbed this screenshot a few weeks back (Did this on a demo iPhone 5C unit on show, so had to use a camera to grab it) which shows that more clones may be able to squeeze through the tiny cave passages? Unless n0phun did the same, this could be a way to get more clones.

However, it's extremely difficult to pull off; letting that Big powerup roll away from your clones. As in the picture, I only experimented this with 1 clone, since it took an awful lot of tries to get this pulled off. Theoretically, there shouldn't be a problem with more than 1 clone.

http://imgur.com/B865cIx

The rest of the replay for this level was simply hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol: I tried avoiding a Big powerup earlier on and smash through the pipe using ways in which only a ****** like me would bother trying, since it's simply imspossible. :P

7. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Getting 5 in here was crazy hard. It was a good clone to be the last for a while, open road for B16DAZ, KULLUA, OGSTER and STRAITORDEN.

8. n0phun

Congrats! You managed somehow to record the failed run. With a screen recorder on IOS? Which one?

You really want to take a break? Only 50 left to 3500. ;-) I still think it might be possible to get 6 here, at least 5 instead of only 4 through the first obstacle.

9. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Yeah it's a thing called display record

I think 5 is good enough, lol, if 6 was possible master Kullua would show us it is.

i might play some more :think: even if just for fun, there is nothing like BADLAND out there except limbo and portal and i've played both already. Amazing games.

But Badland is the only one you can keep playing forever.

10. n0phun

You mean Display Recorder? That's out ouf the App Store and only usable if one roots his device, which I do not want to do for now.

Right.

Mmh, I'm nearly sure I'll get 5 through the first critical point one day. Trying forever. ;-)

11. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Yes, display recorder sorry. And yes needs to be jailbroked.