Falling

Discussion in 'DAY II' started by Wheat1328, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

FALLING

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. twiki

twiki Active Member

How is it even remotely possible to get more than maybe 12 on this level?

What fundamental thing am I missing here - no mater how small I am spiky shaky things just kill me all over the place - maybe get 8 though there on a massively good run.

Then the gas pipe I can only manage to get 2 or 3 through.

And those rotating cogs with arms at the end squash my remaining ones.

20 seems high but >40?!

Any videos on this would be greatly received - even for a run of 15 - I just can't find a route through it all.

3. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Avoid ALL large powerups even at the cost of killing clones - you won't need them anyway. Avoid the first 3 speed powerups. Try and get 4-5 through the blower (the one at the 3:20 mark of the video above). Don't kill any from that point on (yes, it's possible). And viola, 40+! :D

(It's not easy, and the flippy spiny shaky sticky things have a few different ways of spinning-flipping. So if you don't catch the right variation it's super hard, if not impossible) to get a 5+ of them through.)

4. twiki

twiki Active Member

Cool thanks!
    Been doing the right powerups then, manages to get 16 before that blower, then 2 after... And then just constant death!

5. ogster

ogster Elite Member

uploaded a 44 clone run on everyplay.

okay, stay as small as possible. you don't wanna be too slow. those spinning arms and flying stickies might kill you if you're too slow.

you will see i managed to get 20 through the spinning shakey stickies. 20 clones is potentially 50 clones saved with a clean run, not like this one. 51 even if you don't have to sacrifice a second one.

it can get very frustrating trying to get a good number of clones past the stickies. i had to play the level a crazy number of times. a few times, i managed to get 27 or more through. i get nervous and screw up, or sometimes, i swear the game has a mind of its own and intentionally sabotages the run by doing strange and infuriating new things.

6. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I just ruined a run where i passed the crazy posion plants with 29 clones, i ended up saving 50 but i lost so many on that last poison trap that doesn't fall after explosion, im so angry, lol.

7. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

ogster's awesome 44 clones video for Falling has now been linked on the spreadsheet! :D Have a look at it and see where you can improve!

Thanks ogster for the tip in the video which shows how to get past the steamer where a poison spikeball pops up to you. I was wondering how to avoid that all this time.

8. stone3416

stone3416 Active Member

Ahhhhhhhhh! I can't beleive it, I finally managed to get 20+ clones past the shaking poison balls near the end of the run and then proceeded to have a small lapse in concentration and lost most of them through the end. Most of the time I can barely get 3-5 through that section, but this time, everything went my way. Only for me to screw it up again :cry: Who knows how many more runs I'll need for that to happen again! I need a drink.

9. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Tonight managed to get 56 here. 62 should've been possible, or even 63 when (like in my case now happened) the rock that was hit at the final part already made the poison ball drop. This since I got 32 through the all known frustrating part with the swinging poison balls. Wanted to record it, but unfortunately somehow lately my phone switches to start-screen when first connected to a laptop (not if it was connected before, better do that once and not power off my laptop in between) thereby turning badland off. But since I was afraid of this happening I picked up my previous Samsung Galaxy SIII and filmed my run before connecting to the laptop. So if anyone is interested to take a look at it, I'll upload it ;)

10. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Thought I'd upload it anyway, so I can delete the video on my laptop ;)