Riddler

Discussion in 'DAY II' started by Wheat1328, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

RIDDLER

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. twiki

twiki Active Member

Nothing helpful to add only that I HATE that blower after the 4 button split.
    I can constantly get 5 clones to it, but getting just 1 passed this point makes me so happy, I fail the do the ball/lifty bridge thing!

3. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

I have much improved on that blower, often I get through already in the third try. Of course standard size then. :-( And down to <8 tries on the bridge/stone part. No need to say I hate them too.

But there is at least on person who got more than one through the blower. After the lifty bridge/stone part there is one superclone powerup and four single ones. With the one which comes in it's fifteen. Kullua has a score of 16, so he must have come to the stone with at least two. I think more, because you have to drop one at the end part to get a slow powerup. Not sure that it is absolutely necessary, but my tries without failed gloriously.
    So I'm not sure if ogster reached his 15 without doing that, and if not he had more through the blower, too.
    Did you ever luck with more than one or is your score from going through the bridge with one, then loosing none except the one you drop for the slower?

4. ogster

ogster Elite Member

this level was one of the very last i survived with one try. that blower sure did make things very unpleasant. not much difference now.

i have a couple of times gotten through the blower with 2 clones but messed up both times in the end. i managed 15 with just 1 through. in picking up the slow power-up, i let the lead clone do that. not too hard to have it pop back out, but not too easy either.

5. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Still don't really like this level! It's so hard to improve on my clone count here (13 today).

But I believe 17 may be possible. A few attempts in and it's quite easy to get 2 through the blower part. I believe 3 may be possible, though never achieved it myself yet. :P I definitely helps to be one size smaller than standard to fit everyone through the stone and bridge part to not hit the spikeball or leave anyone behind. It's pretty hard to just get 1 size-up powerup at the part where you must apply your clones' weight to push the blower down and blow away the big boulder though. Quite easy to pull a clone out of the trap to grab the size-down and Slow powerups using a lead scouting clone.

6. ogster

ogster Elite Member

not only is it possible, but has actually been done. i got 17 home on an ipad not very long ago. i'll see if i can come up with an 18 on the new device. should have just bought it at the store. i don't know what's taking so long to get here.

7. n0phun

I once got 4 out of 5 behind the blower, got all of them through the bridge/stone part and all 14 beyond the last blower. Then I messed up, inevitably. Since then I improved, got more to the blower (up to 8 or 9, very small (1)), but have no good ratios with that, never got more than 3 through. But 18 is surely possible, and maybe more if I could come through that blower with more than 4. Not sure if it is the right method to go smallest (1) size to it.

Your tip to drag out the slow powerup at the end helped a lot, thanks.

Caution, if they are smallest (1) possible size they can be squished by the ropes in the end, and even by their own weight when they lie in a heap at the ground (only found that out by watching the replay, I didn't know why I heard the squishing sound, one in the midst of the heap just suddenly disintegrated).

(1) They can even be smaller if they miss one of the big powerups at the first blower after the narrow, accidently

8. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i had brought 19 right up to the last obstacle. would have been easy through, but the game threw another curveball at me and kicked the lead clone way forward. one ended up getting left behind. still very happy with 18. i think 19 might be max but who's to say?

9. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Been a while since I played on Android, my main playing device is my Lumia 930 (Windows Phone). Yesterday I just thought lets play a few games on my old Galaxy SIII, among one of those games this happened. Sadly this result won't get counted to my Lumia clonecount, but still was a great result, which I had to record (also since there's no recording of Kullua's 20-run ;) ). Later I tried on my Lumia, 2nd run already also got 6 clones past the blower. Just stupidly messed up, went from 17 to 18 though.

I wonder btw who set the maximum on this level to 20? I never had 7 pass yet, but since it's possible to get more clones to the blower it shouldn't be impossible to get more right? The maximum number of clones I've had up until the blower were 12 already.

Have to say that I still prefer playing on my Lumia, somehow the Android version of this game feels too 'easy'. It's almost as if the clones have some sort of flying assistance in Android. On Windows Phone every touch matters, giving you a way larger control over the clones, and making your controls 'matter' more. Just a personal thought.

phil and n0phun like this.
  10. n0phun

Only watching your vid encouraged me to try again. Have since had 11 to the blower - and then I messed with my screen and wiped them away. Now I have 5 of 8 through the blower, and also behind the last blower. Managed to lose the one getting the slow powerup and missed one clone afterwards. Argh! 17, should have been 19. But as it is possible to get 5 of 8 through there clearly is no way that 6 is the max there, or even 7.

ShiV likes this.
  11. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

this is one of those levels i just DON'T UNDERSTAND....i can beat doomsday level 'body parts', 'oblivion', 'final frontier', etc. in one try...but i CAN'T for the life of me beat this damned level in one try...every time i either die at that stupid air blowing thing (though i did find a solution - if you have 3 clones alive, one will make it through usually)...but then comes the part where i always fail...the stupid bump the rock and race to the end and lift the stick....the clone is just too small and goes too slow to make it...i just can't explain it....and i can't believe others can do it with no problem.

12. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

haha, i think bitching/complaining on this board is my new good luck charm...i just replayed riddler again (first time after posting the above), and i beat it in one try....probably my 500th time trying....go figure

Vicvic91 likes this.