Unbutton

Discussion in 'DAY II' started by Wheat1328, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

UNBUTTON

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. twiki

twiki Active Member

For maximising the count - is there a trick to get by the rolling ball?
    I'm so small and slow at that point (with lots of clones) I can't deflect the ball - but then I can't get more than maybe 4 or 5 over the top of the saw either.

3. ogster

ogster Elite Member

best you don't pay attention to the ball. after the ball, just go straight up and stick to the ceiling and slowly clear the saw. keep only as much clones you're comfortable with to not trigger the mayhem.

good luck.

4. twiki

twiki Active Member

Hmm that's what I was doing - I just couldn't get more than a few through. I'd need about 9 or 10 through to get to the 30 mark in total by my calculations.

I'll keep plugging away - I like this level for some reason.

5. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Thanks to bumping this thread I just improved from 9 to 22 clones on my first attempt!

6. Wheat1328

Follow ogster's advice! You should be able to get 10-12 through. It sounds like you're doing it but avoid ALL large powerups and get ALL small powerups.

7. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

That's unfair. ;-) I just needed more than an hour to go from 13 to 21. Parts of the level are easy, but:
    The mayhem part is where I have difficulties. The number I'm comfortable with seems to be one. I don't manage to keep them tightly together here.

After that part it's okay, again. Not exactly easy, but okay.

8. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

The biggest key point for a tight pack AFAIK is to get the superclone Powerups to get sucked up to you as you fly just above them, rather than dumping clones down on them. Then of course you have to try not to bump anything, which is where the super small deal helps out.

9. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

That's the part after mayhem. I can do that, but not bring more than one (or two) to it. Because the part before (after the room with the ball and the saw to the top) I didn't find any place to form them tightly, not to speak of something like a ball. Beyond me how ogster got so many through there. But I'm not very good at flying that exactly, for instance I still could not do the "Hit nothing" missionin Squared.

10. twiki

twiki Active Member

41 is possible here I think. I got 20 through the ball bit, it's tight through the buttons,set a few off but still dragged 15 through. Then got all excited and lost it all!

11. Wheat1328

Well I'd be interested to see if 30+ is possible. It seemed to me that if you have too many (20 or so as you said) it becomes very very difficult to get them all through the buttons.

12. twiki

twiki Active Member

Yeah, would take someone better than me to get them through, but I rekon it's possible!

13. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I just pressed all the buttons on the level, i have no idea why but i was trying this for a long time... that was intense.

14. Wheat1328

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Someone's ready for the next update! ;)

15. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Yeah probably yes maybe of course definitely obviously.

16. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Perhaps I should better try to improve just 1 by 1, but always feel like that's a chance I might have lost on maybe even more clones... Last few days also been trying this one a bit again, and most of the times get 20/22+ clones past the ball/gravity part. But indeed the mayhem part is excruciating. Sometimes I might even make it with like 18 clones through the first up/down-button, but then I screw up at the second pair again. Last part (with the superclones) isn't that hard indeed, just have to get enough clones through till there :(

/Edit 9-4: Aargh just ruined a 40 clonerun, had 20 after mayhem, easy 20+20 you would think. Sigh fml.

17. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Still struggling a bit with this one, in the meantime also don't really know what approach is best... Normally (and what I always saw in the recordings) you would try to become as small and slow as you can. But I also tried with taking all powerups, except sizes-up. So you would become a whole lot faster. Advantage with this is you can avoid the rolling rock from reaching the button, so get more clones to the 'mayhem' part. Also being faster sometimes helps for me in getting a bunch of clones stable through one or a few buttons. Not sure what way is best, but doing it faster gives possible 50+ clonecounts here for me... Was so close a few times with passing 'mayhem', keep at least messing up at some point there... But one day.. one day.

18. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Finally reached a number near 40, been playing this level a LOT the last few weeks. Still, with some luck and good control, I don't think scores towards high 40's, perhaps even 50 is possible here.

I came to prefer playing this level like this, you can also try playing it slower. Both has its advantages and disadvantages.

phil likes this.