Swampy

Discussion in 'DAY II' started by Wheat1328, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

SWAMPY

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Crikey! BADLAND SWAMPY is so fricking hard to get through without dying. It makes me even more terrified about what's coming in BADLAND DAY II - NIGHT. :o

3. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Strange...Frogmind suddenly made Swampy easier. There seems to be less but wider gaps in the part where pneumatic pistons cover those gaps. The swinging 3 blade propeller with a poison spikeball attached at one end swings a lot less too and is no longer a threat at all. Also, the superclone and size up powerup were added on the rotating rock. Now I scored 1 try too easily...

Wished they changed it back, though the change on the rotating rock should be kept (That one is way too hard previously), because Swampy is a bit too easy now.

4. Ben Thumbs

You must be right. :D

As per my post above I was having heaps of trouble here in Swampy, but I just saved 41 clones in one try on my first attempt! I've improved a lot since I posted above but not that much. :lol:

5. Ben Thumbs

A couple of attempts later and I got the 42 clones saved here! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Got damn close to getting 3 clones through the cogs a couple of times, so the 43 is definitely on the cards and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Matt33 has got 44 here.

6. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Found a little gimmick here that I haven't seen before. If you don't press the gravitational switch that makes gravity act normal again, the rest of the level becomes easier or stays the same (except that swinging arm thing, that becomes harder). No risk of falling sticky balls, rocks or wheels. Take your advantage with it :)

n0phun likes this.
  7. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I've actually known this for quite some time already. There was an Everyplay video that showcased a 42 clone run which avoided the button. This was also why I refused to take down this video when <|-|!<0 uploaded his 43 clone run, as I felt that the 42 clone run was more valuable. However, that video was taken down eventually so it is now <|-|!<0's 43 clone run.

8. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Already done. It's ridiculously easy to play that way. First time I had 3 through the saws I was done. And 4 is possible, I think. You answered to that already on Youtube, I just C & P it to here:
    I had some tries when I nearly got four here, couldn't put it in words. This seems to be a good description, so I wanted it here for future reference. One will need 44 to stand out, because after your vid really everone will have 43 here.

9. phil

phil Well-Known Member

I can't find anything easy in trying 43?

10. n0phun

After NOT pressing the gravitational switch like in ShiV's vid? That's the hard part, but retryable from checkpoint. They're one size bigger then, but so what. Not sure if 4 is possible this size, but 3 is.

11. phil

phil Well-Known Member

got 43 now, but needed some luck, I think (played after the vid, yes)..hm :) let's try 44

12. Straitorden

Straitorden Well-Known Member

I think, guys, that 43 nevertheless is a limit value

13. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Still not convinced. Some other possibilities are popping up in my mind, but not sure whether or not they are doable.

First one is after you had that rolling stone after you, what if the bouncy powerup would only be attracted but missed? You'll later become sticky, so the saws at the spiral will become less dangerous (not completely without danger though, at the end of a saw they sometimes kill you while being sticky). Have tried it a little bit, first time I missed the bouncy thing, but that was at first :( Didn't think I really would miss it first try, so accidentally let myself drop and take it afterwards anyhow. After this tried a few times but didn't get it to miss me again. I'm not convinced this way will work, most likely will get caught up from the left side of the screen at numerous moments, but worth the try imo.

Second one, what if you would play like you normally would, but at the spiral, first take the spinner that's waiting for you with the other clone on the other side, and then jump that clone back. Get your clones back in line and then try to cross the spiral to the other side. While thinking about it, it almost looks like that holding back from the first clone (see quote N0phun up above) is because of the spin. When that one passes to the other side, it first takes an 'antispinner', giving the spin a decrease. With less spin, the clones don't seem to have that much trouble climbing that part. So if only the antispinner is taken, and the clones are brought back in line, they might climb better altogether than before, making it possible to get more to the other side. This one I haven't tried yet though.

Some things crossing my mind, who knows what happens with either of those options ;)

14. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

That's dangerous, it usually comes with a new record. :lol:

To me 44 is max on this one, it already happened with me and ShiV to get 3 clones before the falling poisoned plants. ( + 1 after the rotating part.)

15. n0phun

Huh? Three directly before the (not longer) falling sticky poisonous bastards. And then another? No. Parsing error here, don't understand that.

16. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

What i mean is that at 1:08 of ShiV 's video all 3 can go through, with a bit of luck... and then the other clone making it 4. It happened to me and ShiV.

17. n0phun

Happened here, too. But only nearly, still. I'll try later to bring more clones to this point, perhaps that helps.