Gravity

Discussion in 'DAY II' started by Wheat1328, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

GRAVITY

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Wheat1328

From the Spreadsheet

3. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Currently max possible is set to 33+, was 31+ in December. I had three there at the point where you get out of the "stone tap" part, one was killed by the stones which fall down behind this point. So yes, 33+ should be possible.

4. Wheat1328

41 is possible.

I'm happy with my 39 for now.

5. n0phun

You've got 9 of 11 clones through the "stone tap" part? On the last version of the spreadsheet I downloaded you had 30, that was max achieved then. Still, noone but you has more. Did you mistake this for another level?

6. Wheat1328

Haha. Nope. :D

I got 39. And 41 is doable. I had 41 to the spinning portals once and screwed it up.

7. ogster

ogster Elite Member

sure is quite a find. kudos!

this one really got my attention. i think i'll not wait. i'm gonna give this one a try.

cheers.

8. Wheat1328

Great, I won't get to enjoy top spot for long. :lol: :D

9. n0phun

Got how to go through with 11, there aren't that much possibilities. Really a nice find, hats off! Can you do that in one try?

I lost more than ever at the portals afterwards, always played that part really bad and was happy to get 28. I'll not challenge your 39, I fear.

10. Wheat1328

No. Of course I always try because there's obviously a huge speed advantage if you can but everything has got to go perfect as you know.

11. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

What...what the!!! :o :o I would quite like to see a replay of that insane run of yours, Wheat! ;)

On a side note I have another new competitor gorelin to challenge now...and I was SO waiting to challenge Lunartic. Another hurdle for me! Bring in on! ;)

12. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Ok, I finally kind of know how Wheat pulled it off! :D

You have to attract the superclone powerup, and let it be swept with the current of boulders. You must not get it until it made it all the way to the end. It's very hard, and trust me, I've tried a hundred times to get that lonely clone to the end without being pushed to saws, crushed by boulders, etc. Even by getting to the end, the superclone powerup may be stuck in the black depths, and can't be retrieved.

I don't know how to squeeze the clones through the small hole just after pressing the button? I only managed to squeeze 6 through after I FINALLY (Poof...) got it after so long. Wheat, is it possible for 11 clones to squeeze through a small hole? Or is it possible to make the superclone powerup somehow drop after the small hole? Because I see no way to squeeze 11 clones through a small hole, unless the superclone powerup drops down after it. In my encounter, it doesn't seem to do that. I might be wrong?

13. n0phun

I thought of another way, weighing somewhat heavier on me...

Never tried that seriously, seemed to be to difficult. Nice, so there is more than one way to go.

I get 11 to the hole, and only sometimes I get all of them through, as I try to avoid one of the fast forward powerups. Easier as there are no stones around.

I kill most of them later at the second flying portal, never get the right timing there, fast forward or not.

14. n0phun

Phil did it this way and loaded a vid up to Youtube last night. Now linked on the spreadsheet.

That hasn't changed. :-( And, to mention it after all that time: it is possible to let the single clone roll under the stones, without pressing the button. Most times he gets crushed (very boring), but if not it is 11 clones and no stones.

15. phil

phil Well-Known Member

I put a new 39 clones run on YouTube.
    Nearly everything went perfect, but I never get all 11 through the stones.

16. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

I myself have always done it like this, I suspected the way you say went like that, but never managed that myself. The way Phil did was more doable on my account ;P

@Phil, great playing, made me go back to this one as well and improved from 31 to 37. Always knew how to get those clones there but mostly failed at the second spinning wheel, and to go through that level again and again wasn't my thing at that moment. Your example helped, thanks :) . As for getting 11 through, if you got the superclone, try to let the first one hit the button and than drop all your clones immediately. Most of the times most rocks will pass pretty fast, if you wait for a second (or two) after you dropped and continue, you'll most likely have a better chance at getting 11 through. Now after hitting the button you immediately put 2 clones through, while all the rocks start falling down on them.

17. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Sigh this level is driving me nuts. Been playing it over and over last couple of days, convinced I can make 41 on this. Few times should've had 38 or 39 at least but always screwed up at least 1 or 2 clones at the last circling portal. But I start to understand how this level best should be played, or at least can be played.

Always thought size was irrelevant, and your speed is important in this one. With this I mean I thought you might could become smaller, and speed would be the important thing to help you make it while being smaller to get past the falling block while you spin towards a button. Thought maybe it would be possible to become smaller and faster, and let this happen. Wrong... Size is the key aspect in this, only when you are +1 in size you can make this part. You also make this part with missing 1, or even both of the speed powerups (+ both time fasteners can be missed as well, especially missing those help a lot).

Playing like this (best case scenario) will leave you at -4 speed (2 speed powerups missed, there are 4 slow powerups to be taken up until this part), and your time-speed -2. This gives a HUGE advantage for the stones-part next. Downside is you have to make it like this at once, or you'll lose the advantage. Made it a couple of times with 6 clones at most (took the superclone to early, few killed). Still was unlucky to get all 11 through like this, but if it happens you'll have a much better chance at making it with all clones to the end. And because you will be slower like this the 2 time-speed fasteners are better missed than playing this section from checkpoint as well. Perhaps after this point it's better to skip 2 of the slow powerups, not sure though but if you become to slow (you already are -4 in speed, remember) the portal section might become a pain, even if you get there with 41 clones...

This should be how this level is made as easy as it gets, unfortunately you only have one shot, otherwise you start from checkpoint at phil's record again or you have to start all the way over again... I would try to play from checkpoint at that moment though, still won't be easy to get all 11 through and the rest of the level will most likely hate you as well but imo trying this at that time is better than just trying to 1-try the level all the time.

/Edit: Changed the speed to -4 instead of -3, miscalculation, forgot about 1 slow powerup.