Spinner

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Wheat1328, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

SPINNER

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

I was happy to get the 21 here, that is until I saw that ogster has saved 32 clones! :lol:

I've only played this level a few times so far, but I can see the potential for lots of BIG powerup avoidance and instead relying on more smaller clones to get the job done.

3. Wheat1328

So at first I wasn't seeing how 32 is possible....

....But I have seen the light. :cool_02:

I'll work on it eventually, right now I'm satisfied know HOW to do it.

4. ogster

ogster Elite Member

wait til someone lands a 40+. it's driving me nuts. i've ALMOST had it happen a couple of times. a fair amount of luck is required. i must've used up all my luck in the other levels.

5. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

*Whimper* Thought I was small enough getting 11 clones through the hole (more didn't fit into) where the stone rolls down. But then I loose all of them between the planks with the saws, they roll much slower. So far I didn't work out how to avoid that, but didn't try for long.

From the spreadsheet it looks like no one besides you ever really tried, as 21 can be done from the next to last checkpoint, and 22 with just the one clone more beneath the planks.

6. ogster

ogster Elite Member

bringing 30+ clones home here is a one-try thing. that should be your first clue. a very important one, i might add.

7. ogster

ogster Elite Member

there you go, folks. a 30 clone run for spinner on everyplay. you will see at the end, i lost 2 clones being careless, so it should have been a 32. 35 is still possible, maybe even more with this method. you also might find a few WTF moments. you'll figure it out for sure.

now if anyone is able to remove the stack of plates with clones a size smaller, i really would love to know. that could mean a 10+ clone improvement.

there is a very different approach to get a possible 40+ here. but some measure of luck is needed. i'll post if i get lucky.

cheers, all.

8. Wheat1328

Wow. This is a small glimpse as to why you have nearly 2600 saved! I was quite a ways off in getting this right.

9. Wheat1328

Got it! 30. Thanks for the video ogster!! :D I posted my run as well. I agree with you, 35+ is possible with a little luck at the end.

10. ogster

ogster Elite Member

nice video! you'll get 35+ eventually.

i have problems getting a good number of clones through the small hole after the big ball. trimming the swarm sometimes helps me get more clones through. the most i've gotten through is 18 and then i messed it up. wish you'll have more good fortune.

11. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

So would someone be willing to explain "the spinner method" in words for the people like me who don't use YouTube much and have never heard of everyplay until this website?
    (I have very limited access to YouTube, living with my parents attending school (I'm in the process of getting a living place) and when I use YouTube, I watch more important videos :) )

Yeah, or just like tell me a place where I can read about it or something. ;) :)

12. ogster

ogster Elite Member

if you can access everyplay, you'll see some videos of spinner. mine and wheat's approach in the videos are somewhat difficult to explain without visuals. the solution is to lead your clones from the big rolling ball to end without spinning them. do try to watch the videos. that's your best bet, i think.

cheers.

13. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

Ok. Well I signed up for everyplay.
    My iPod 4th gen has problems with the website... But anyway, thanks.
    I really need a better device......

14. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Been working on a bit different method for this one, haven't gotten as great a score in the likes of Straitorden/Kullua yet, but it gives good hope to - maybe - numbers even far over those perhaps:

15. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

ShiV you genius bastard.

The skills you have to have to do what you did in this video is beyond amazing.

16. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

ShiV, i feel like im stealing clones from you like this, but i got a 37 , and man, a whole lot more is possible.

You sir are amazing. It's so much easier like that.

17. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Also just played it like this again and got 37 to the beams, 1 was left behind at the point where those beams rest, and at the next point 1 got killed and 2 left behind at a sticky ball. Still, 33, up 1, but with a little bit of luck 37 was also possible. Also tried to even become smaller and take another forward spinner so you even spin faster, made it (of course) even harder to get enough clones through the saws but that way it was possible (incredibly easy) to get the beams out of the way, even being that small. But in my opinion that way it is too hard to get enough clones towards the ending, think the way posted above is the best one.

Congrats! Would've guessed you would be the first to profit from it, and makes it clear to me this way actually might be a better one in saving more clones :D

/Edit: Heh that way you shoot off one clone from the rest is genius :D With a bit of luck it would've even been 40 clones (2 left at the miss the spinner part and 1 at the second beams), no doubt you'll get 45 or so sometime soon!

18. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

That just happened, didn't plan for it.

And you will obviously get it once you have the time to play it more...

19. phil

phil Well-Known Member

No need to take another spinner when you go 1 size smaller than in the replay here, it works anyway. Got 34 now. Thanks for your awesome find again :) you guys let the game become more fun than ever.

20. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Actually that shoot a clone thing you did is pretty good repeatable <|-|!<0 , comes in handy :)

Thought I would give that a go phil, unfortunately it didn't really help out for me. Think for me personally the size I had in the video ^ is the best one, I even manage to sometimes don't get the beams out of the way like that on time. First time though I tried one extra size down I got 20 lones through the saws, man did I afterwards whish I wouldn't have taken that extra powerup. Otherwise I'd might have 40 already, now I had 0 :( :mrgreen:

Last few tries a few hours ago I still managed to screw up, in 3 rounds I could've had 38, 38, 36 clones max saved, I managed to burn all of these chances. Nonetheless gives good hope now I'm starting to know how to respond throughout the level for high clonecounts!

/Edit: Just saved 36, got 21 through the saws though so could've been 41 already :)