Spinner

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Wheat1328, Nov 15, 2013.

1. phil

phil Well-Known Member

It's more difficult to get through the beams with more than 17 clones, I noticed (-2 sized, 1 spinner). Nearly had a possible 43 run, but didn't get the beams out of my way, so I lost all 23 :lol:
    ..tried again with 18 and 2 got left behind, somehow 36 clones survived, maybe the magic 36 :roll:

2. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Yeah Phil, i think you made some confusion cause 1 size smaller makes the beams part almost impossible. The size at the video is the perfect one.

and the max clones i got through the saws was 27 already... almost making it 50 possible.

I wonder how many Kullua and B16DAZ will get once they discover this...

3. phil

phil Well-Known Member

You're right, it's 1 size smaller. Still small enough for me to screw up 23 at the beams. I'll try again.

4. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

B16DAZ will most likely be somewhere at your level (even though those clonecounts will likely increase steadily, see you made 40 already :) ), but Kullua... He keeps amazing me how fast he adopts new things, most likely will spit out a 50+ score in no-time where we will try to get by for the next weeks :P Me myself just got 38 clones, going into the right direction.

5. phil

phil Well-Known Member

I just passed the beams in normal size with 1 spinner and saved 40. It seems to be the only possible way for saving 50 or even more, but that would be really hard (better chances with one more speed-up being dodged).

6. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Nice! In my tries that was most of the times pretty useless (and I guess others have tried as well) but with a bit of luck and endurance it should be possible. Nice find, even though I think I would not try it out that fast knowing I would fail at it miserably 9 out of 10 times. But will give it a go next time I play it again. It's certainly more doable to get a good number of clones through the saws like this.

7. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Phil, on your 41 run you also did it like this?

Cause i just tried several times and the beams just won't get the fock out of the way. I tried like 15 times. :lol:

But it does feel good to have 35 clones at that part, imagine saving 55 clones. delicious.

Edit: Actually it just happened. But i had only 24 clones, so i think having less clones is better in this case.

8. phil

phil Well-Known Member

Yes, I did the same on my 41 run. I often come real close a 50, which also feels good..if only they would drop down :)

9. phil

phil Well-Known Member

So here it comes, 44:

ShiV likes this.
  10. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Jesus! Great result, shows off how to get those beams out of the way on a proper way that size as well. Nice :)

11. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Accidentally took the wrong spinner, normally that would mean the end for this level but this time I got the beams out of the way like this. Not that this method is a good one, just wanted to show it appears to be a possibility as well :)