Clonespikes

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Wheat1328, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

CLONESPIKES

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

Don't hate me, don't hate me...
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But now CLONESPIKES 85!

I feel "dirty," lol. I came across a "trick" today (legit - no hack) and so CLONESPIKES can be improved.

First hint: I received my iPad Mini today (and so I can now return my wife her iPad Air - that's not part of the hint).

Second hint:

...Well let's see if anyone can figure this out first.
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

3. Wheat1328

That's just mean grandmort. :?

4. ogster

ogster Elite Member

oooh, what i would do to find 9 more!

5. Wheat1328

Hmm. Did you find another small power up somewhere??? And how is an iPad mini a hint??? I have managed to improve by 1 to 76. :)

6. Wheat1328

Pretty sure I got it. I can get 65-70 like it's my job. Low 70s occasionally. 75 twice. 76 twice. It's just a matter of time now. Still takes some serious flying!

7. Wheat1328

Aagghhh. I think the trick is to be an iPad hacker. :lol:

If Matt33 or ogster figure this out I'm sure they'll have no problem. I can't seem to get the mass of them through clean. Always hit something and they break apart.

8. grandmort

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The second hint: What does one do when getting a new iPad / iPhone / etc...?

9. grandmort

Now 86! :shock:

Maybe I'll aim for 90

10. Wheat1328

Install badland? I'm so confused. Haha

11. Wheat1328

Well got 79. Feel pretty maxed out and my eyes are going buggy. I must be missing something? I'll try again tomorrow.

12. grandmort

You are getting closer, lol

13. Wheat1328

Wait... What? So if I uninstall this and re-install it am I going to loose all my game data? Are you trying to sabotage us all so you can be #1? :lol: :lol:

Somehow you got it to revert back to the old way? Where the power ups get sucked to you??

14. grandmort

No, not exactly. Plus, your data gets backed-up to the cloud with BADLAND (but I think you have to turn this ON in settings on your iPhone, under iCloud/Documents & Data). I would feel awful is someone would loose all their data.

Remember, I sold my iPad 1st gen so I could get a Mini, I think I mentioned that somewhere... So, what does one do when setting up a new device?

15. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Earlier in the TA thread, I saw someone complain about the Clonespikes' survive without cloning mission being more difficult than replays on Youtube. I also saw the dev respond, saying it was a bug and would be fixed later in the month. I knew it would be harder to save clones after updating, so my plan was to improve beforehand, but I forgot! Hence, a question I posted on TA soon after:

"So I just updated a game, but would like to get back the previous version without losing all of my data/progress. I recovered the previous version that was sent to my recycle bin upon updating. If I delete the current app version from itunes, drag the recovered previous version into itunes, and sync my ipod, will that get me back to the previous version and keep all my data intact?"
    :lol:

But I'm not doing anything that requires iCloud backup and risking my data. I haven't had good experiences with iCloud and prefer doing computer backups. I wonder though, do you still have Day II Night levels?

16. Wheat1328

Maybe a PM to toope is in order? Seems unfair. Especially if you don't have access to old data.

I had no problems with the "bug" and surviving without cloning. It may have been hard but do you know what's harder... Saving 85+ clones the way it currently plays

17. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

I also had previously sent Juhana a PM on TA about it, here's the reply:

"I think it's a shame that this one bug caused that for a while there was an opportunity for some players to save more clones in clonespikes. I think the real skill element in that level is that you have to collect those power-ups although they aren't magnetized to you. Harder it is, more depth there is to improve."

Doesn't seem keen on changing it back to a bugged version for a handful of us addicts :P

18. grandmort

Matt3's got it figured out.
    You know, comparing the two CLONESPIKES versions, the 10ers are not the problem, it's the last reducer that is, it screws your handling of that last climb and you can never get above 78-80 with it. If that last reducer would be attracted to you it would be fine, maybe a tad more difficult overall, but definitely 80+ would be achievable.

19. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

I don't know the history of this level besides what's been posted here, but after playing it for about 10 minutes it annoys the hell out of me. What you have to do to get those last two reducer Powerups is ridiculous and completely inconsistent with all other levels in the game. :thumbdown: :crazy: :x

20. Wheat1328

Yeah. I got a 79 "the hard way". The trick is to stop in the middle of the level right after that last reducer, let the screen catch up, then all you clones will bunch back up as you continue (if that makes sense). Breaking 80 how it currently plays is definitely possible, but super super hard. It would take a near perfect run.

The old way allows for a much easier path to 80+. Possibly 90