Revolver

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Wheat1328, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

REVOLVER

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

My Clone Save target for REVOLVER is 41 clones and I'm currently on 21 clones.

EDIT: Ugh... I'm not a fan of these chaotic BADLAND levels like REVOLVER. I did manage to improve to 35 clones, however I got 35 clones a bunch of times which makes me think this is going to take a while.

Obviously you avoid the BIG powerup, but what about the first ROLL and FAST powerups? They're easy enough to skip but I'm wondering if faster might be better here. :think:

3. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

Yeah, you want to avoid first ROLL and FAST and possibly another FAST down the road (hard to do - I just did it again and only got 41 in the end :( )

4. Ben Thumbs

You mean you can avoid one of these?:

[​IMG]

:wtf: :clap:

I guess that means you're going through with just 1 clone and then catching your numbers at the end.

5. Ben Thumbs

Well I managed an underwhelming 37 here and will have to leave it at that for the time being. :(
    That's of course unless someone spills the beans, or drops a hint on how to avoid a second FAST powerup. ;) :arrow: :?:

6. Wheat1328

I'm not sure what grandmort is referring to. I got 42 avoiding the BIG, ROLL, and FAST right at the beginning. Avoiding another FAST doesn't seem necessary/worth it?

7. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i wouldn't say that avoiding another fast power-up is necessary, but it does help a lot. i've gotten a 47 once without avoiding a second fast power-up. but since then, i haven't gotten anywhere near consistently getting that kind of numbers when i don't avoid a second one. i'm still aiming to improve on my current 48 but i'll make sure i avoid a second fast power-up in the process or i'll just reset.

8. Wheat1328

Wow. That's tough. I figured it out. Then promptly got squished by the falling rock right after. :lol:

9. Wheat1328

I've managed this 3 times in the last 10-15 min and got 37, 41, 41. I can see how it's easier but still no walk in the park.

EDIT: 34, 38, 44!

Fun Fact: you can avoid either one. I avoided the first one 3 times and the second one 3 times. :D

EDIT#2: 45!! I think I've got this figured out. It only takes me 3-4 tries now to miss one of the second two FAST powerups

10. ogster

ogster Elite Member

yep, it's still a pain even with missing a second one, but you're more likely to get better scores. true, you can avoid either one, and i wonder if BOTH can be avoided. i have tried but never managed it. i wonder what scores that would bring.

keep at it! you'll soon break 48. i'm not as keen about this level as before but i know 50+ is still there for the taking. maybe i should give this a few more tries.

11. Wheat1328

I agree ogster. 50+ is possible. I'm up to 47 so far.

12. Ben Thumbs

I just tried for about 30 minutes and couldn't avoid a second FAST powerup (never even came close to avoiding one) and that's despite eyeballing Wheat1328's replay like mad :lol:

I did however manage to tidy up my technique a bit and improved to 41 clones, which puts me 1 clone away from my DAY I NOON target. :D

13. Wheat1328

My replay was more luck than anything. I'll post another here in a bit with a better way to do it. I always try to avoid the first one and if that doesn't work then I do what I did in my replay.

14. Wheat1328

Uploading now....

15. phil

phil Well-Known Member

Never really noticed the little rock right before the last hallway is giving much help in aligning the spinning swarm..since today.

<|-|!<0, ShiV and Bulldog like this.