Superclone

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Wheat1328, Nov 15, 2013.

1. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Haha, I think I prefer a bit of competition. Anyway, your current clone count seems plausible for me right now so I thought why not I just give it a try to match you? ;)

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Well that won't be hard at all! As soon as I get motivated again to get past my 2,222 clones goal I'll largely retire from grinding and that still leaves almost 400 clones available if you want to chase them. If you're going to be serious about grinding for clones, you should definitely set your bar a lot higher than my miserably lazy efforts. :lol:

3. FBI Light Rock

All right! Saved a hell lot more clones here. Up from 44 to 63!

I upped the maximum possible saved by 1 to 73, because in my attempt, I made 3 past the propellers to avoid the 2 FAST powerups. I lost 1 or 2 later trying to get past without taking the size-up powerup.

Anyway, I now have some new tips after the experience. Just for the most crucial part. That's obviously the last disastrous part ridden with mines and wild-flying structures. :P

Vivic got lucky in his attempt. Every single mine exploded as he intended, and the wild-flying structures flew in such a way it didn't push his clones too far back. However, there's one thing he didn't do, and didn't hint neither.

What I did was before making contact with the structures and triggering the mines, I rested my clones on anywhere not dangerous and allows them to stay quite close. Such a place must be JUST before the structure. I waited for the screen to catch up quite a bit, then only when some clones are at the verge of being left behind, I set off to trigger the mayhem.

Like Vivic, the ceiling will be the best place to immediately retreat after contact. Now there would be a higher chance of things happening the way we intend it to.

This works because the game has yet to load up the stage just after that and this does not recognize it's existence yet until later. Thus without that, several mines after may not explode properly.

4. FBI Light Rock

Hmm...who put 77+ as the max? Did someone actually made 7 clones past the propeller part and avoid the 2 Fast powerups? Did you achieve this amazing feat, AndroidUser, since you are the one who recently broke a new record for Superclone? If not, I am unable to accept the fact 77+ is possible.

5. ogster

ogster Elite Member

ive gotten 6 through and avoided both accelerators twice. 7 is not impossible. then you have to keep them bunched tight to avoid casualty through the saws. then you have to thread carefully through the first set of falling boulders and nasty bombs. then you have to get ridiculously lucky through the second and last set to avoid losing any. and there, voila! you save 77 clones. it would be like hitting the lottery. but that's not impossible either. i'd rather win the lottery though.

6. AndroidUser

AndroidUser Active Member

This I put 77+.
    The way that I go through the propeller, on the contrary, are sometimes too many clones, and because of this are taken FAST Powerup. But occasionally, FAST Powerup go back and get to keep the whole pile. 7 I spent exactly, but I specifically did not try, because, again, when a lot of them at this stage - it's bad. One clone is enough, no more .
    Generally, it is not clear on what basis are set highs in the table. My opinion is that in Superclone should be set a maximum on the number of clones that someone managed to hold up the final part of exploding. Obviously, the final part of that theoretically can be made without loss. I turned 39, respectively, the maximum attainable my - 69.
    But if exposed to a maximum amount that can be carried out through the propeller, it must be 77+.

In many levels of meaning of the maxima are not set correctly. Eg in Gears set 35. But there at the finish 3 CLONE Powerup. Plus 3 completely free pass to the final gears, turns 36 at the finish. 5 is also more complicated, but also get to spend at the finish 38. And so on many levels.

But these maximums - in any case it does not matter. What is important is how many actually get saved.

7. FBI Light Rock

I see, AndroidUser and ogster. Since you guys say it's possible, then I have no qualms about it. I was just scared some idiot suddenly decided to tamper with our spreadsheet (Not referring to you guys) and set strange stuff here and there. I've changed it back to what you guys originally put in now.

8. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

Is it better to avoid the very first big powerup? When I play with that, I get these good numbers (10ish) past the propellers and get one fast powerup. Obviously missing both fast powerups seems better but is does having one just not work well?

Edit: I guess what jm asking is just that does the one fast powerup screw things up for this superclone saving clones method?

9. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

I would try to skip that first size-up if I were you. It's better to get past that first propeller with just one clone (that is as small as possible) and miss both speed powerups after, since that next part will be fatal for a big part of your clones otherwise. Trying to be as small and slow as possible gives you the best chance on getting through the saws etc with the most of them. Say if I get just one clone past that first propeller, skip both speedies and take both superclones, I mostly get past that next size-up with about 18/19 clones, leaving 2 or 3 (to not get that size-up). The rest of the part I'll most of the times lose about none, maybe one or two at the saws, but lets say none. Taking the superclone with it gives about 29 clones left. If you than make it through the rest of the level it would give you a maximum clonecount of 29 + 10 + 3*10 at the final pillarpart, is 69. Go in bigger at the beginning and miss 1 speedy might give you a big clonecount for that moment (if you say 10 through that makes 30 already), but in trying to get through the saws (and with not that much time as you would've had by skipping that speedy) etc you would most likely lose a bigger part.

It is also possible to get more clones through that first propeller, being small and missing the speedies. It's just a bit harder. If I were you I would first try to focus on getting one through being as small as you can be, and miss the speed powerups. That still leaves up to 71 clones to be saved. If you ever achieve that, then try to increase it otherwise (and if you get some extra clones through in between that's only a positive thing you should use ;) ).

(Btw, I've never seen a replay from this one with passing the first size-up the easiest [or at least, fastest] way, by just hopping over it? Does no one know this is possible or was that al just not recorded?)

10. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

What I said last in the above post:

Always thought about recording a little how to on how to miss the first size-up the fastest way. In the recording are 2 clips, first one is the method from start, second from checkpoint. I always saw different methods in recordings from this level than this, might take a little until you'll understand how to do it for yourself. But once under control this surely is the fastest way to skip that powerup, might save you some time in the end :)