Those OMG / WTF Moments.

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Those OMG / WTF moments (good and bad)

Sometimes being super small can be a really big problem! Here I am getting a good dose of that, trying to get the "Survive with one try" Mission for BADLAND DAY - I: NIGHT - FINAL FRONTIER.

OUCH! :cry:

n0phun likes this.
  2. Ben Thumbs

Arghhh! That moment when you press to restart the level instead of to watch the replay, after battling to get through a level with no deaths for over 10 minutes. :cry:

3. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Stop texting me while I'm playing Badland! Jeez, don't people realize I'm saving clones!! :evil:

...And if you insist on texting me, do it at the start of a level, not just after I made it through a critical portion of the level!!!

(This has created a handful of OMG/WTF moments for me)

n0phun likes this.
  4. Ben Thumbs

I hear you! That's why I stick to playing on my iPad, where only the rare Twitter Connect message pops up. ;)

5. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

On 'Falling,' there's the part where flailing sticky orbs kill most of your swarm, and there's a tunnel after that, right before the stationary sticky orbs start flying up as you approach them. As I was making my way through that tunnel, a sticky orb fell down from the top of the screen and completely blocked the path ahead of me! Has happened to me a few times.

During 'Unbutton,' you come across the first 2 piston-like buttons, your swarm gets turned bouncy and you fall down between the stationary saws and wait in that flat cradle before timing your approach towards the next piston-like button. As I was exiting the saws into the cradle, a dislodged, spinning button flew at my swarm from the left side of the screen and ruined my run. I was going to call my replay "When Buttons Attack," but Everyplay screwed it up and I had to delete it.

6. Ben Thumbs

BADLAND DAY - II: NIGHT - OBLIVION.

[​IMG]

Ahhhhhhhh

7. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

That one can be pretty common. I eventually figured out that you should hover above the button, against the small spike which will act like a wall, and time it yourself.

8. Ben Thumbs

That moment when after pressing pause to see how many clones you have right before you finish a level, you see that you're over your clone save target and then you press CHECKPOINT, or LEVEL instead of RESUME... :wtf: :cry:

9. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've hit restart level when I've meant to hit restart checkpoint but I've never done that. :lol:

10. Ben Thumbs

That's a fairly common dumb sausage fingered thing I do when playing on my iFoam5 :D

11. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Haha same! I can even daze around for a while and STILL hit that restart level button even after getting quite a clear sense of the pause menu...tsk...:cry:

I also love those moments where you stop time when so much is going on. Especially so for the levels Eclipse and Oblivion. I like to tell them all to SHUT UPPP and then hit that button. Then I'll be like "Thank you!" :P And finally that disappointment when you have to press that button again to unfreeze time...

12. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Oh, I suddenly remembered one more. There was this once in Day I Night Lifeless where after the insane saw portion (Actually, that's the first portion!), when my clone was shrinking from those power-ups, suddenly, a circular saw was remotely moving horizontally rightwards at the bottom section! That totally shocked me and I had to wait for it to pass by first! I survived, thankfully. But as if that wasn't enough, just after that portion, where the clone has to grow to humungous size, booboo again! In the part where there are circular saws but with a protection shield for you rotating clockwise, YET ANOTHER saw appeared right above the first such saw! About half of it was visible. Now it is now SIMPLY impossible to pass by, and I thus died there. If I remembered correctly, I hit that miraculous upper saw.

Who wonders what other strange stuff will happen if I survived beyond that point :P ... Sadly, that cannot be recorded since I was playing on my Android phone at that time. I didn't took any photo of them neither, unfortunately... :(

13. Ben Thumbs

Too many to even go into details from today's complete waste of time.
    Having a MOTHER F@$K BADLAND time at the moment as a result.

14. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

At the end of oblivion, where parts of the laser wheels come off and zap all your clones while navigating the 3 mine launchers. Happens EVERY SINGLE TIME.

15. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

So, this is the most infuriating moment on Badland i've ever had. I was doing the perfect run on REACT and was about to save 90+ clones, at the very end, really, the end, it was done, i was already happy... and then, when i passed that last big powerup there was a glitch and the thing that holds the powerup started to crush all my clones, all sticky and annoying. It almost cost my ipad and my whole apartament due to an angry attack, i almost killed my mother and my whole family. :lol: Just kidding, but i was mad as hell, i won't be playing this devilish game for a long time, although i said that many times and never stopped, it's an crazy addiction, you always want more and more clones. I need to get addicted to crack or heroin so i stop playing. Ops, i'm making some dark jokes today.