Flaw / Flail

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Wheat1328, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

FLAW Frogmind changed the level name to FLAIL later

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Re: Flaw

I found this highly annoying flaw in the level FLAW:

That sums up my pathetic attempts to date here trying to get the hidden achievement very well. :cry:

3. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Kullua

Kullua Active Member

It's easy to get 18 here. The trick is to get only one clone through the initial cutting circle wheel but do not thumb or force it up. Let it spin by its' self and wait and the enlarger will roll off out of the way. Then you will pick up only the 2 speed power ups not the enlarger. It will then be easier to reach 18. 20 clones is possible this way.

5. Kullua

Kullua Active Member

Remember to let the clone roll up on it's wn power. It will sit a spin while the enlarger rolls off out of the way. It will be easier to use the smaller size through the rest.

6. ogster

ogster Elite Member

whoa! neat! can't wait to get my new device.

7. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Thanks. Up to 18 from 11 now. A possible improvement is to let a second clone wait at the bottom of the circle while the other one rolls up. When the enlarger is about its half way down a short tap to get the second clone in the circle, without letting the first get to high (enlarger comes back then). Not sure if its possible to have a third one. Perhaps with very good timing. I doubt it, but haven't tried for long.

8. n0phun

That's not a flaw. There is something solid between clone and powerups, the chain. Similar thing here today:

[​IMG]

Another was the picture I posted in Badlander. And I remember one level where my clone was covered with small sticky balls from canons. Normally the balls fall from the clone as he gets smaller, but more than once there were too many sticky balls on him and the small powerups would not reach him.

9. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

I thought it was very obviously a joke. ;)

10. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Actually it is, and also a 4th one. Totally forgot about this possibility when I played this level a few days back, still got me 19 though. When I read this I tried out, instant 19 again. Now since I got 4 through being 1 size down I wonder why the max possible clonecount is set to 21? With some luck and perseverance you get 13 clones up, 1 at the bottom for the switch, + 10 making 23. Perhaps like this even more is possible, not sure though. And If I don't miss that enlarger and be 1 size up, I've made it through with 5 (or was it even 6?) clones, giving possibilities to even 24 (or 25) clones, IF lucky enough to get all towards the end. It's a lot easier being one size down yes, but like my 19 run showed it should perhaps also be possible being 1 bigger.

11. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I always thought it was only possible to get 2 across that saw part. So based on that, yeah, 21 is the max. But now we have master ShiV challenging this max so there we go, a new max! :D

12. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Already thought that would be it, doesn't matter ;) See it's already altered by you :)

On the topic title, does it have to be changed to Flaw / Flail now as well? Don't think it's necessary but who am I.

13. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Oh, I discussed it with n0phun, he said to put both the old and new level nanes in this level. So yeap, that's why it's like that.

14. n0phun

That was for the spreadsheet, didn't think about this topic title then. But if anyone new to the game searches for Flail he wouldn't find it here.

I've now changed the title of Wheat's initial post to Flaw / Flail too. Other posts before this seem to keep the old name, no problem. And in the overview it's both names. Seem this edit didn't cause to much of a mess. Bit nervous about this moderation stuff.