Snappy Crash

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Wheat1328, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

SNAPPY CRASH

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Wheat1328

From the Spreadsheet

3. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Anyone an idea which ones and how? The 'be lucky' part I do understand.

4. Wheat1328

You can avoid certain spinner powerups so your not spinning at all. Still don't understand how 50 is possible - not saying it's not possible, just that I don't understand what Vic is saying.

5. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i did mine by picking up all reducers and coming in at the end without rotation.

the real problem here is the bottleneck at the end. i can see only two ways to potentially get 50 here... one is avoiding the enlarger yet still pick up all reducers. i have no idea how that can be done. and two is aligning or spreading out the clones before they pass through the gaps at the end. this is hard as the clones tend to bunch up in flight. and when i spread them in what i think is a decent effort, i get low 30's clones through. my 36 was a fluke. i'm lucky to get 32 nowadays.

6. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

To anyone struggling to get a good clone record for Snappy Crash, I've got some nice tips for ya. :)

Aim for just 31. It's a respectable record. I'll give you a few tips on that! Get all spinner powerups to come to the last section without spinning around. Avoid the big powerup and 2 of the Fast powerups (Yes it's possible!) at the narrow passage just before the last 2 spinner powerups.

That's it! I'll leave you to figure out the rest. :) Good luck on getting 31 clones! After that, then you can try getting above 31, and unfortunately there's no neat trick for that yet. As of I know, of course. Wondering if any of the experts know any....

7. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

Well I'm getting consistent 32-34s. My record is 34 and I've barely played the level very long.
    There's something about this level that is driving me on.

I think I've figured out a trick, but I haven't figured out the luck. I can get almost all of my clones through the bottleneck at the end, I just don't have very many clones at that point. Almost always end up with something like 36 right before that last bottleneck and end up losing one or two clones.
    For me... It's about getting the clones to the last bottleneck.

And here's an idea: some of my best runs have happened when I'm spinning, but only on 1 spin power up, not two or three.

8. Straitorden

Straitorden Well-Known Member

Hi, guys! Have anyone ever managed not to take a big power-up in the beginning of the level? (approximately 15th second of the video in the first post on the page)

9. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

That's how I got my 36 run, but was pretty accidentally at that moment even though I was trying to skip it. When this happened to me I took it, but at the very same time the clone that took it got squashed by the cable the size-up was attached to, thereby destroying both the clone + powerup. Rest of the clones didn't 'take' the powerup yet, so was 1 size down after that part than I normally would've been.

10. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I tried that for forever, never even got close

Something similar happened to me on "Sting", the clone that got the big powerup immediately died in the saws, so the powerup didn't affect the other clones.

Good to now that it can happen tho.

11. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Can happen more often yes, I also remember when I was trying for the 143140354th time on Apparatus, that first size-up there did the same like I said above in Snappy Crash. First and only time I managed to get past that as small as I could.

Even though situations like these also can work against you, a lot of times had it happen that I needed something and took it, clone got killed and the rest didn't take it. Like on Momentum, think everyone has had it happen that the first size-down didn't work because the clone that took it straight away got killed by the saws :(