Time

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Wheat1328, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

TIME

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Wow I have no idea how I managed to save 45 clones here in TIME without even trying?!
    I just spent 10 minutes actually trying and the best I could do was 23. :shock:

3. Wheat1328

45 is really good! Nice job! I'd move on if I were you. I've tried to improve my 44 and can't do it.

4. Wheat1328

From the Spreadsheet

5. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

I got from the low 40s to 48 from the last checkpoint. If I remember correctly I didn't take any powerups directly at checkpoint. Then I got to the first canon, lying then, put the first clone somewhere on it's tip. The canon moves fast to the right side, pushing the clone forward, all others follow, most - hopefully - get through the other canons. Immediately after they stopped firing I called the menu to count. Back to checkpoint if it wasn't a new personal record. And so on. Stopped at 48 because it was a bit boring and I already had the record anyway. Not much skill involved.

6. ogster

ogster Elite Member

a most welcome advice, nophun! one of the best i've taken and made very good use of. up from 45 to 50. i hope you don't mind i took your high score. but really, a huge thanks.

7. Wheat1328

Can some be so kind as to post a video of this strategy? I did it once a long time ago and can duplicate it. I put one on the front of the cannon and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

8. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Not in front of it, Wheat :P. n0phun meant ON TOP of it. Just rest one clone right above the tip of the cannon. But it's ok even if it's not too far off, so long it's resting above the cannon before its mid section, you should be fine. It took me a horrible loads of tries before getting it right, so be patient! Really, restarting from that last checkpoint is wonders. Get the Slow power up (Helps in case the cannon doesn't want to push your clones forward), but skip the 3 Big power ups, since it's not hard to get through the 2 cannons targeting the lone clone (though they sometimes are quite a *****). Good luck! I managed an impressive 47 just through this.

Unless you are terribly lucky, 51 is the max. That is, to go through all this cannon madness in one try. Yikes! I did that with my not-so-good initial attempt to get a 36. Then I simply replayed this part all over again and again to get this impressive 47. ;)

9. Wheat1328

Yeah, I got from 44 to 46. I think I'll leave it at that for now. I knew how to "launch" the one clone but it sounded like you had come up with a better way that worked more often. I guess we were both doing the same thing and I didn't realize it.

And for the record, I think I discovered that trick. ;) Atleast I was the first one to mention it. That was way back before this site. I PM grandmort about it back on Touch Arcade and that's how he got 47.

10. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Yeah, it takes a real lot of tries to get a great record. But that's better than being stuck at my measly 34 I had on my iTouch (Once again, like Lunartic, I didn't even know how I got that :lol: ). While it would certainly be better to have a more reliable method in order to be able to get the max easier, at least it's not so bad as you can't bring probably more than 3 to the home stretch (hence I set the max to 53), so 1 to the home stretch by restarting that last checkpoint like heck won't make us lose out on too many clones. ;)

Well, that's it for me. I'm leaving this great record as it is and moving on. Still waiting for Doomsday for my Android phone; something's wrong with my updating and I'll have to hold it off until I find a solution.

11. n0phun

I said it is boring. ;-) It was never mentioned here, and...
    ... grandmort even put the video online, but I didn't find it today when I searched for "badland time" on everyplay. Now I found it among grandmort's videos after you mentioned him. And after finding it, searching for "time dusk badland" finds it. Arrrrgh, their search is crappy in ways I wouldn't even dream of. (plus things like: vicvic has 13 videos online, they say. How much do they show you? ;-) Tried in different browsers.)

Might well be I saw the "trick" with the canon first on a video, but I don't think it was grandmort's, for I remember (at least I think that now ;-)) I came up with the idea for retrying that from checkpoint myself. What I clearly remember is how it struck me that all efforts made to come to the end smaller, with slower time and so on were for nothing. So many possibilities to leave out powerups, to no avail in the end. Most times I got something in the low thirties, and worse...

grandmort's video is only the end of the level, and in fast forward, I linked it on the sheet now, anyway.

12. n0phun

No problem, I've got far more than 5 from watching your videos. And it seems that this one wasn't that new to some of us. >:)

How long did you play to get 5? I tried about 40 minutes this morning and my best was 46. Booooring.

13. barsidius

barsidius New Member

Hi all,

I'm having real trouble getting the "Explode All Mines" mission on this level. I've gone through the level several times, including getting through it once in one try, so there wouldn't be any problems with not having an exploded mine because it resets at a checkpoint, but I'm still not getting it. Is there a mine that's really well hidden that I'm just not seeing?

Thanks for any help.

14. n0phun

Welcome barsidius! Perhaps the mine near the beginning mentioned here:
    topic176.html#p2087 ? About second 13 of the playthrough.