Final Frontier

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Wheat1328, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

FINAL FRONTIER

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

[​IMG]

I'm happy enough with my 2 clones for Final Frontier.
    I actually got through to the last bit with 3 but was scared and dumped one clone! :lol:

3. Kullua

Kullua Active Member

How do you post an image?

I thought I would share how to get 4 clones on this level. I almost had 6 and still working on it. 6 plus is possible!

4. Kullua

Kullua Active Member

5. Kullua

Kullua Active Member

O.K. Here is this tip. When you get to the point where there is a little drop hole to hide your clone from the saw wheel, do not do that! Prior to dropping into the clone protecting hole raise your clone up to the top of the screen and the clone cutting wheel will pass under you and you will be able to keep you small clone size all the way through, rather than having your small clone size bumped up and killed in the clone hole. Carry the small size all the way through and you can easily get 4 clones saved. :)

6. Wheat1328

I revisited this level for the first time since getting the hidden achievement for 2 and it's very easy to avoid all enlarger powerups. So you'll be microscopic by the end. Still hard to get 3+ through the end section where you're spinning. But I think 6+ is possible here with a bit of luck through the spinner section.

Update: Just improved to 3. I definitely think 5 is possible. Probably more. Also, for anyone trying to do this level in one try, avoiding all (or all but 1) enlarger powerups makes it much easier. I can one try this probably 50% of the time this way.

7. Ben Thumbs

Yeah thanks for the tip! I've been able to get a bunch through a couple of times but for some inexplicable reason have lost all but 2 right before the last section every time. :wtf:

My biggest problem here is getting through in one try, I keep getting killed in the most stupid places. :lol: :x

8. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Board administrators! I request immediate closing and deletion of this topic and forum rules against ever mentioning the eponymous laggy, murderous bastard of a level anywhere else. Thanks in advance!

9. Ben Thumbs

:lol: guess you had about as much luck as me with this today?! :lol:

10. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Yesterday, and today. Yesterday I must have been in masochistic mode, first half of the day spend with trying to improve in Pipeline from 24 to 26, then a short trip for "Hit nothing" in Squared (there I instead nearly made 60 after just another accident), then this level. Got nearly through in one try after reading Kullua's tip (thanks!) but didn't realize that you can miss powerups at the end if you come in this small. So I did exactly that (one rotate powerup) and came to the end section with three rotating clones. Dropped two, not wanting to risk the one try, got the third sawed. Another try today I missed first one slow powerup, then I raced into the three slow powerups at the end, two of them were catapulted into the chamber of horror. I quit. :-/

11. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Does anyone know if it's possible to take the first three clones, square two of them, get one stuck in the spinner, and use the last round one to push the other square through in time? I've gotten close but I got both square clones trapped in the spinner.

12. Wheat1328

Might be possible, but what's the point?

13. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

It might be easier to get more clones if you don't need to worry about hitting the saws.

14. Wheat1328

Ah, wow. Completely over my head. :lol:
    That's an interesting idea though!

15. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

If anyone manages it, I would love to see a replay. I'll probably work towards it after doomsday.

16. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Never mind, it's impossible. At least in co-op. The top part gets slightly narrower at the end and the diagonal of the square gets stuck.

17. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Grmbl... Been playing this one every now and then the last few days, and am pretty sure how to get the most out of it. Just got 7 through up until the final part but missed a spinner before :( So had spinning clones, bye-bye chance. But gives good hope for next tries.

18. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

4 clones saved at Final Frontier. That's not the reason for this video though. It's a good result yes, even though 5 clones have been saved by others already. But this one is more for showing how I think this level is best played. Of course this isn't flawless, I should've skipped the size-up powerup that I took, but gives an impression on how to avoid other ones etcetera.

Speed wise; Since this is a 1-try, my speed is already normally -1 (you take a slow-down powerup at the section where you get a clone to be square, and don't get a faster one in return). That speed is doable, but when you skip 1 at that end-part like I did, you will be able to control your clones better. Plus, if I would've stayed out of the grenades there a little longer, then I could've shown you that just after I get hit, the grenades stop. So do it alright and you leave more clones alive towards the second superclone than normally. Why not skip both of those speed powerups? In my experience you will get to slow, and won't make it with enough clones towards the last part.

Will try to improve on this one, since 2 days back I already got 7 clones towards the ending, but before the grenade part I accidentally skipped one of the spinners by trying to avoid the 1 speed powerup, thus leaving me spinning at the end :'( Bye-bye chance at 7 clones.

And yes, this ending was pretty lucky I know ;P But that's also a part of Badland :D