Lifeless

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Wheat1328, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

LIFELESS

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

A while back, I wondered if I could save more on this level, and ended up finding a way to save 32 clones.
    I let ogster in on this via PM after his score on Spinner illuminated a strategy that I had no idea existed. He recently got a 27, what can you guys manage? :)

3. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

So far I'm on 6 clones saved for BADLAND LIFELESS. :wtf: :thumbdown: :lol:

4. Wheat1328

Not even a hint?

5. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Oh, the only thing I told ogster was just that I saved 32 on this level. I thought we were mainly in the habit of sharing scores, but leaving the details up to figuring out.

6. Wheat1328

Oh, got ya. That's perfectly fine. I thought ogster had some inside info. :)

I give it a look sometime. Thanks!

7. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

32 on LIFELESS, that's insane!!!
    Yeah, I kinda know of the SPINNER way, oyster gave me a hint and I figured it out... Kinda, as I've not been able to improve yet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. ogster

ogster Elite Member

insane! that's exactly what i told matt33. i've suddenly grown fond of this level. it took some time to figure out. some very careful preparation for a nail-biting finale. been trying to improve on it but my nerves always fail me in the end.

oh and funny that you should remember "ogster" is auto corrected as "oyster".

9. grandmort

Ummmmm, I'm intrigued... Will take a closer look at this vey soon (which I need to do on A LOT of levels!).

Yeah, I've been very careful, even back on toucharcade, I guess I missed that one :mrgreen:
    It's okay, you can call me "grandma" :lol:

10. Wheat1328

I've typed your name into my phone enough now that it recognizes it. Doesn't even say it's spelled wrong anymore. :D

11. grandmort

I think I found the trick on LIFELESS, does it put one in a sticky situation :lol:

12. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Whoa, never thought of that. I passed through the saws at the end as normal clones. I wonder if they wouldn't knock a large clone group around too much if you were sticky? Might be too chaotic.

13. grandmort

Are you seriously serious?

Well, I made it for a potential 28 in small sticky form, but then my handling at the end needs work, lol, a lot of work.

I believe this is the one level where you can get the smallest ever. It kind of sucks in the first part because of that mine that you need to trigger to clear passage. After that you can still get small and pass the metal bars in relatively small size instead of enormous and heavy, it takes a bit of work to do it and you have to drop on those metal bars perfectly. You can still get extra small after that and reach the saws, then I'm not sure what you are doing because those giant and fast-spinning saws are impossible in their second part, making it with, say 8 clones, is really hard... THEN, there is the final saws in the circles, I thought 18 was already an achievements there, I really don't understand what you figured out to pass 32.

14. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i tried the sticky approach too. it could work, but you have to keep a very tight bunch and not get stuck to anything. the saws won't kill them but they just get left behind.

15. grandmort

So any hints for what you are are doing for this possible 18 to 32?
    I mean, the ending is what matters since you don't pick-up any clones before that. So it's all with the passage of the giant saws (and I'm assuming the end stays the same with the smaller saws as with passing 18, which is hard enough).

So what do you guys do with those giant saws? Just mad skillz or is there some kind of a "trick"?

16. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i posted a 23 clone saved video. it's not at all flawless as the title suggests. i just got a few words mixed up. i navigated the sticky square clones through the saws but it wasn't very clean. there's a pattern so just use timing going up and down. keep track of your power-ups. they're critical. at the very end, if i had timed it better, it could have been a 30.

on a side note, i'm really starting to enjoy playing on the ipad.

good luck, all. cheers,

17. ogster

ogster Elite Member

and nope, grandmort. it was unintentional that the ball rolled over the clone. the clone didn't die so i went on.

18. Wheat1328

Thanks again for the play through ogster!!!

Was able to get 29 twice so I'll enjoy the high score on the spreadsheet for a few hours before ogster decides to drop 30+. :D

Only 7 away from DAY 1 #3 :D :D

19. ogster

ogster Elite Member

superb job! i knew you would beat my 27. but you can bet i got my eyes on it again. i gave it a go a few times and can't do better than 23. i think i'll just play lifeless all day today. a dreadful thought.

cheers.

20. Wheat1328

Got it! 32!! :D

Posted a video on Everyplay. I think more than 32 is still possible. You'd have to get more than one sticky though the saws - which I've been able to get three through once. All 5 would be really really hard and I'm not sure how having an additional 4 would effect the end but I would't be surprised if Matt33 pulled that off. So then the max would be 36.