Squared

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Wheat1328, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

SQUARED

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Wheat1328

60+ definitely possible. Posted a 59 on my Everyplay. It was probably my best chance to break 60 but I'll keep trying!

3. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

This is another one of those levels that drives me to drink. :lol:
    I've had up to 49 clones through the last portal countless times, but every time I do I miss the last SUPERCLONE powerup and can't improve on my dismall 51 clones.

4. Wheat1328

My cryptic grandmort clue is: back seat driver

But if you've gotten 49 through the portal multiple times then you've already got it Lunartic.

5. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Yeah a lot of these type of chaotic levels seem to be like that.
    I finally worked out how to ensure I always get the last 10 clones but now I can't get through the portal with more than 43 clones. Bloody typical...

6. ogster

ogster Elite Member

thank you very much for the video! and thank you for the clue! that absolutely made my day. i brought 60 home. this level was a real pain for the longest time. so thank you again.

7. Wheat1328

Wow. That didn't take long. :lol:

8. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

Lol, I love the clue! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Worked on it a bit last night, got consistent 54 to 56 several times, I'm impressed by you guys' 59 and 60!

9. twiki

twiki Active Member

Can I have a less cryptic clue please... watching the video makes it look random as ever to my eyes!

10. Wheat1328

Ha. There's no real "secret" but I found watching the very back clone and flying him works well. You still have to make sure the front one doesn't get too away from the group which can be challenging. Watch my Everyplay for a bit of help on how to deal with that: https://everyplay.com/videos/1755066

11. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

I just uploaded a recording (nearly recorded a month ago already…) of this one. Wasn't my original 62-run, but couldn't record that one back then. Besides that this one really went beautifully, since no clone was lost since the moment the time-slowdown powerups were taken. Anyway, in that recording you can sort of see what I was trying to do (but miserably failed to) for real, and what I tried for a while a couple of weeks ago.

In my eyes the best chance in getting a 60+ clonecount is to only attract, but not take the first superclone, and let is jump along the saws where you will wait a bit. Most of the times it won’t work out as great as you hope, and the superclone ends up in between the second superclone and the saw left of it. No problem, you can still continue and who knows what might happen. Other possibility is the first superclone jumped over the second one and bumps a bit on the right side into the saw. Also not the best, but already better. Like this you might be able to slingshot the second superclone past you in between the next sawpart, making that one bump to the right. Gives a better possibility for more clones, even though that slingshot part most of the times doesn’t really work ;P

Now the best thing that would happen is if that first superclone jumped over the second one, and already ends up in between the saws after. That way the superclone already goes ahead of you further into the level, and you might even be able to slingshot the second superclone after it. In the few times I managed to get this done (well, getting the first one in between the saws further along that is), I had up to 39 clones at the part where the time-slowdown powerups are taken. Of course I screwed this up big-time, but that would’ve given me a maximum potential of 69 clones to save, so just 2 lost!

So chic0, do your thing, I know you’ll get it done;P

12. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

I just really love their let's play ! Check it now, they try to play Badland GOTYE :)