Fly

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Wheat1328, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

FLY

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Managed to get 1 clone over my target here in FLY on my first attempt using the last checkpoint which sends you through bigger and faster than a good survive with one try run. That makes me think with a little bit more time it should be fairly straight forward to improve slightly on my 37 clones, but I'm happy with that for the time being.

3. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

From the Spreadsheet:

4. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Besides Final Frontier I've been playing Lifeless and this one a bunch of times the last couple of days as well. When I started I quickly noticed that how I normally would (and had) play(ed) wasn't all that great. The smaller the clones would get, the more easy they would scatter or fly into saws when a grenade would go off. Same was for the velocity the clones have. Make them to slow and the grenades would always win. So tried different kinds of sizes and speed, and found something that (in my eyes) was best.

For the first part, only leave one slow down speed thingy be, for the rest, take all. This will leave you at a speed of -1 (if you also would've taken the other slow down you would've been -2). Since you get 4 size downs and 3 up in the portals-section, you are -1 in size. All other eliminate each other. So you're -1/-1 in speed/size. Hereafter you arrive at the first superclone, where you will decrease once more, and also slow down. So you're -2/-2. This in my eyes gives the best chance getting through the grenades/saws. Speaking of size, normally it also is possible when you are killed at the last part of the level to start at that checkpoint again, and save 41 clones eventually. Hard, but doable. Now, you are size -2, so size is something you don't need to worry about, when taking the bouncy powerups.

That doesn't make it easy, don't get me wrong, but better doable :lol: . This level itself isn't that hard, but getting enough clones through 'the part' is already a bitch sometimes, and most of the times you won't be able to get them all through the portal when you get bouncy. And even if you do, that last part most of the times will crush your good possible clonecount. All of these events leaving you with playing the level all over again, and again, and again.... Get's a little frustrating sometimes ;P

Anyhow, this method got me to increase from 42 to 43 to 44. Had times I got 2 clones to the first superclone, and even got 12 clones past the grenades and first saws. Sadly the swiping saws part will take a few of those in most cases, but when really lucky perhaps 52 or so is possible. Oh yeah, I (finally, think I nearly played this one 100 times or so this week...) managed to get 48 :mrgreen:

5. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Goddammit ShiV, you are going to break the game like that.

Lol, you pull some unbelievable scores and makes us inspired to go even further. Fantastic!

I was trying to move your column next to us in the spreadsheet but i have no idea how. Hope someone will see this and move it, cause i always have to scroll sideways to see your crazy scores.

I was busy trying my 12 on Gadgets, one of the hardest clones i got ( not for B16DAZ, :lol: ) it was infuriating but i finally got it.

Keep it up man, because of you all of us are getting a whole lot of new fresh clones.

6. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Hehe thanks, but naaah, you give me way to much credit. It's guys like you, B16DAZ, Straitorden, Kullua and all the other greats (who unfortunately don't play that active anymore) that intrigued me, on how to get somewhere near your impossible scores and maybe even surpass those. If I wouldn't have found this or something like at Momentum someone else would've at some point. Just like you and B16DAZ are battling for taking first place at Day 2, to keep each other fresh you one time would try new things and improve again. I wouldn't dare to compare myself with someone like you, your fingers must be made of gold to play that accurate. That's something I still can and have to improve in so much. I don't really consider myself to be up top where you guys are, although I have to say my score is taking some form lately ;P

Thanks anyway, to get a complement like that from you is an honor sir!

7. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Oh, you are definitely there.

And yeah, it's the cycle. I once looked at Kullua and Ogster and couldn't even grasp how crazy their scores were. There was Wheat and his secrets, Nophun and all the great players. Then i was getting closer and got there.

It is really great seeing guys like you and straitorden pushing the limits and discovering things after so much time that the game is around.

Actually sometimes i get really paranoid about controls, sometimes i feel like is "loosy" or something. But then i get used to it again, i think is too much time playing, and also playing other games with one touch controls.
    Just tried to match your Lifeless, for some reason i didn't try this level for a long time, and was able to improve a little. You 36 was perfect, really cool. Peace out man.

8. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Thought I was pretty lucky there, far from perfect, but the result is what counts;P Thanks