Random Badland Chit Chat.

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Random Badland Chit Chat.

Oh man am I glad that's over! It took a bit over 5hrs to clear all of the BADLAND DAY I and DAY II levels and then another 22hrs to grind all of the DAY I Missions.

[​IMG]

I had a lot of fun doing it (despite the obligatory hair pulling moments) and now the real challenge begins grinding the DAY II Missions!....

Note: Ignore my clone count, I haven't spent any time grinding for clones yet.

2. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

I found the Day II missions to be much easier. But yeah, Day I had a few really tough ones.

3. Wheat1328

Ever wish there was an option to execute the very front clone? I do.

4. Ben Thumbs

I hope you're right!

Hell yeah! :D I've come completely unstuck on plenty of occasions due to having one clone out in front in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

5. Ben Thumbs

I finally got around to adding my Clone Save Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet. I was quite surprised to see that I've done fairly well on a bunch of Levels and that's after spending no time whatsoever grinding for high clone counts.

6. Wheat1328

Nice! Now the real fun (frustration) can begin. :D

7. Wheat1328

I'm so over Day 1!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I've spent the last 3 hours trying to save 1 damn clone!!!! I'll try to save 1 more tomorrow.

EDIT: Victory!! 1001 Day I clones. Now I can go back and try and maintain my Day II crown! :D

8. Wheat1328

2000+ clones saved (2002 officially)! :D For the record: Total flying time 77h:04m:21s

And I've only killed 149,226 clones along the way. ;)

Side note: Is there any way to tell which levels I haven't completed in one try? I'm at 62/70

9. Wheat1328

So one of the new achievements is to complete 80 levels in one try. i.e. all levels in one try. I'm at 63. I know I'm missing all the Day II night as I haven't played those yet. How am I suppose to figure out the other 7 I'm missing????

10. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

I'm in a similar boat with 6 missing because I never really looked at the stats. My plan is to play every level that has a "Survive with 2 tries" mission as its lowest survival mission, because maybe there wasn't an incentive for me to ever finish some of them in 1 try. I think it's a good plan, Sherlock's at it again!

11. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Well, that plan worked a treat! I'm now 80/80 :) Only achievement left for me is hidden in Oblivion.
    Here's the list of levels I had missed, they would be a great place to start for anyone trying for the achievement:

Balloons
    Phaser
    Riddler
    Districts
    Gadgets
    Swampy

12. toope

toope New Member Frogmind

Hello all!

I'm Juhana and I've been responsible for level design and art in BADLAND so if you have some complaints/ideas or just anything BL related please let me know :)

About that Achievement in OBLIVION. We currently have a bug in the game so if you manage to get it, it won't give it to you until the next update. What's the achievement? Save 2 clones in that brutal last level.

13. Wheat1328

Welcome Juhana!! Super cool you joined!!

Thanks for the heads up on the bug! Interested in your thoughts over in the "Achievement" section on the 2500 clones saved. Seems like a lot!

14. toope

toope New Member Frogmind

You are right, it is currently a lot and perhaps impossible. It' could be that we'll tweak it down a little bit.

Btw I'm really impressed about those clone counts you guys have achieved! Never thought those number could even be possible.

15. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

WELCOME ABOARD JUHANA! And thank you, THANK YOU to you two for creating such a little gem of a game!

Regarding complaints and ideas, I'll have a pretty extensive feedback post coming up soon (probably at some point today), please check back in.

I thought the Save 2 clones achievement was for Final Frontier (where I did save 2 clones on a few weeks ago)? So, what's a hint for Final Frontier then? :D

Well, while I think I'll never make it to 2,500 (at 2,335 as of this post) I know Matt33 did it (he IS the BADLAND God) so it's indeed possible.
    Ogster will achieve it too (he is the other BADLAND God) but for my part, and Wheat1328 and other high-rankers, I believe we might plateau at 2,400+, bummer! :(

16. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

So, you've survided all DAY II NIGHT levels in one try??!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Gee, good, GOOD job!

17. Ben Thumbs

No BADLAND DAY II - NIGHT Survive with one try replays saved yet?!

18. Wheat1328

So I've beaten all the first 70 levels in one try and it says I've done 69. WTF?

Edit: I've checked this 3 times now. Short of doing all the levels again I don't know what to do. This sucks!

19. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

That really sucks. My 80th first try came from the new Clonefest, after I had already completed it. I was left searching for my last one like you, and luckily found it. One of yours might be bugged like that. I'd try re-doing levels like Clonefest that have no checkpoints.

20. Wheat1328

GOT IT!!! For no reason I started from reverse this time. It was Verticallity. So like my 5-6 level replaying I got it. Thank goodness! Not sure why/how that glitched.