Random Badland Chit Chat.

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Finally got 30-40 minutes to play day 2 night. Legit! Best 10 levels yet I'd say. I had a lot if fun going through them. Playing them again for missions and clone saving seems like it will be difficult.

2. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Hey, Juhana!
    Could you look into why top GC scores don't appear for others to see on the leader boards? Mine and ogster's seem to disappear from them a lot.

3. grandmort

grandmort Elite Member Moderator

Yeah, mine appear on Game Center as soon as I improve a level with a few more clones saved, it stays there for 15-20 minutes then I'm gone from the leaderboard as well. I have no idea how Game Center works but this kind of sucks.

4. Wheat1328

For anyone who wants to use this to keep track of which levels they've beaten with one try here is a super simple spreadsheet. The greyed-out levels are the levels that include a "survive with one try" mission. Bold levels are ones that seem to be popularly missed. Feel free to add your own "bolds" :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... _web#gid=0

5. Wheat1328

I've added a total time played at the bottom of the clone saving spreadsheet. You can occasionally update it if you'd like. Don't feel like you have to, I'm just curious how much time everyone is investing.

I've also added a total clones lost for fun. It seems appropriate that in the "clone saving spreadsheet" we acknowledge those we have lost. :lol:

6. toope

toope New Member Frogmind

We'll investigate why you aren't on the game center.

7. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

I've added notes to the levels which have no checkpoints. As good as the "one try" ones, perhaps they should get an other shade of grey. Also marked the "one try" levels in Day II - Night.

8. Wheat1328

Actually not true. Those ones can glitch. Matt33 had it happen as did I with Quadratic. That's why those aren't greyed out. I like your notes though, nice addition!

9. Wheat1328

Anyone know if Qu3en on the leaderboards is legit? He has the exact same counts as grandmort for day 1 and day 2. Which I find curious. Plus I've never seen him before.

10. grandmort

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    That's my wife on the iPad air! So she logged me out and logged herself in in Game Center (she plays puzzles and mystery games) and when I launched BADLAND to look at something yesterday I saw that my clone counts was still there even though it said "Welcome back Qu3en".
    Very bizarre, we, for sure, CAN'T have her competing with us :lol:
    I'll find the way to flush out that data and so the leaderboards are back to normal.

11. Wheat1328

Weird! :lol:

I thought it was very strange that "this person" had the exact same counts as you.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure Apple gave devs the power to edit leaderboards a few weeks back. Maybe Frogmind can remove it if you let them know?

12. grandmort

I dropped the game from her profile in the Game Center app, we'll see if that does it. :cool_02:

13. Wheat1328

Still there. So like I said, I'll just have to pass you both! ;) :lol: Only 5 away....

14. Wheat1328

2600+ for Matt33!!!
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

15. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Stumbled across this Badland vid on YouTube:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

16. Wheat1328

Looks like Vicvic91 joined the spreadsheet... He's got us beat in quite a few levels! Nice job Vic!!

I've also been keeping an eye on the total players on the leaderboards. About 1000 players a day added just on iOS (sometimes less, sometimes more) -- CRAZY!!

17. n0phun

Right, those can glitch, I should have mentioned that. I must have got your last post on the previous page wrong, thought you had the glitch in Verticallity, and that's a 2, 3 try Level, with checkpoints. So I was not sure the levels without checkpoints are the only ones with glitches. Are they, for sure?

BTW, should we have extra threads for the spreadsheets, one for each of them? And perhaps backlinks from every level in the sheet to the level-topic in the forums? I tried for the last 3 levels of Day I Dawn, plus Spinner in Noon, just to show how it would look. That could perhaps help to avoid writing to much comments in the sheet itself.

18. Wheat1328

I would do that but Google Docs is pretty limited. You can't add hyperlinks

19. n0phun

I did. Documentation is here. Just wanted to ask if the look is ok. I tried not to include the number of clones in the link, but it isn't possible to have anything in the cell but the hyperlink, at least I didn't see how. Seems I forgot a lot of spreadsheet syntax over the last years.

20. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Good job, that looks totally fine to me and works really well.
    I'd say finish off the rest like that for sure! :D