Random Badland Chit Chat.

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 17, 2013.

1. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Yep, and Vicvic91 yesterday joined here too. Welcome!

2. n0phun

(hyperlink additions to the levels in spreadsheet)
    Ok, I'll start with Day 1 but skip Dusk for now, and perhaps add Day 2 - Night instead. More later, if not one of the others does it before. It's very simple (and boring) copy & paste work, one only has to check if the resulting link is correct, as the numbering of the forums isn't always consistent.

I linked some headings (Dawn, Noon etc.) too, but the visibility is not very good with the blue links against the background colors. Also linked the .. links in Line 1 directly and deleted line 2, that gives some space.

I think we could - and perhaps should - start moving the comments from the comment row to the fitting forum, perhaps also the video links.

3. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Oh nice. Approved! :thumbup: I'll work out the video links - I've got something in mind.

I still think the comments on the sheet are helpful for myself, grandmort, and ogster to figure out maximums. So for now that will stay.

4. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Thanks for getting all of those links in the spreadsheet sorted out n0phun!
    I think the extra effort you went to for that qualifies you for a custom rank, I just need to find the right image for the title I have in mind. :D

EDIT: Done. Let me know if you hate it. ;)

5. Wheat1328

Is KULLUA from the leaderboards one of the devs? I thought I saw that somewhere once. If not, do we know who the other dev is on Game Center?

6. Wheat1328

Wow, is ogster going to catch Matt33. Only 10 back!

P.S. Who's transister77777??? Hacker???

7. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i don't think that's gonna happen. i'm having a really hard time looking for more clones to save now. and i play only when i'm online now, so that gamecenter can register new scores if i find any. and most of all, matt33 has always managed to find more when he wanted. i'm just trying to get to 2600 but i'm not very optimistic.

transister doesn't seem legit to me. name isn't on both days' leaderboards. gamecenter has screwed things up before though so i'm not sure. sorry about that, zach. but don't let that get to you. we know who's rightfully at that spot.

8. Wheat1328

I just noticed you're 4 away ogster!! :shock:

And looking at DAY II you're 4 behind Matt33 which means you've matched his DAY I total!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

You two got a showdown!! :lol:

9. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i'm actually wondering why matt33 hasn't posted a new score. i don't remember the last time i came this close to his score. i have a feeling he's working on a level and will blow our minds again.

yep, been trying to find an extra clone or two in day 1 but not getting any luck. would be nice to claim top spot in day 1 for a while. i'm all out of ideas for day 2. oh well, i'll try to keep things interesting.

cheers, all! and a happy new year!

10. Ben Thumbs

He's on holidays. ;)

11. Wheat1328

Have you tried Clonespikes again? I got 79 "the hard way" so I'm sure you can manage that too. Just takes A LOT of runs. I think 80 is possible if you get lucky.

Also, Clonefest. There's 90 to get there. Again A LOT of runs and some luck to pull it off.

There's another 8 for you. Problem sloved. :D :lol: :lol:

12. ogster

ogster Elite Member

oh, you wouldn't believe how much time i've spent on clonspikes. i think i'll make my peace with that level and leave it alone. clonefest looks a lot more promising but in my last attempts, i can't even come close to tying 85.

that being said, i realize i do better with longer levels. i can't explain it but i'm more comfortable playing them.

thanks for the push, anyway. i'll try not to disappoint.

13. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Back from holidays :(
    Yeah, my score hasn't moved any because I just haven't been playing. Still not in a hurry to prevent myself from losing #1, I wouldn't mind if ogster had the crown for a while ;) With so many improvements to be made, I still consider being in the top spot to be a slow and steady long-term race. I'll probably get back into this after I finish having a go at the new SSG2 courses.

14. Ben Thumbs

Yikes, haven't been very active here of late sorry (neither has anybody else by the look of it).
    I was busy trying to get my YouTube channel sorted out and then preparing and diving into a recent SSG2 update, which is likely to take up a lot more of my time for the next couple of so.
    I have still been playing Badland here and there and have managed to improve to 2118 total clones saved (getting closer to my goal of 2222 saved), which reminds me that I need to update my details in the spreadsheet. Still no word back or support from Team Frogmind in promoting this place which is a bit disappointing. :(
    I'm way behind on a bunch of emails / PMs etc. so I'll endeavor to send Team Frogmind another request once I get on top of things.

15. Wheat1328

Looks like the leaderboards got cleaned up!! KULLUA went flying past me :shock: I'll have to work to regain #3 back!!

16. n0phun

Kullua is one of the players who are still improving on Day I. Had 1108 clones 29.12.2013, posted (yesterday?) 1125 to the sheet, and has today 1142 per leaderboard. And his playtime is clearly #1 ;-). I hope he or she joins here too after joining in the sheet.
    So now we have all 4 players above 2500 on the sheet (and congrats to you!), and two more of the first ten.

BTW, I noticed Lunartic and Noodlecake were both on the leaderboard for Day I, with the same score and picture. Now they're 6 clones or so apart. Same player?

17. Ben Thumbs

Yeah they're both me. I play on 5 devices and some of them have different Game Center accounts. Somehow in the process of backing up my iPad and then updating to iOS7 it got switched to one of my iPhone accounts. :oops:

18. n0phun

And since yesterday there are three of you, "Lunartic Gamer" joined in. Excellent cloning skills. ;-)

19. Ben Thumbs

Oh crap!
    My wife's been having trouble with her main phone and had to change / update a bunch of stuff, so that's most likely the account I've got on her phone. Might end up with 5 in the list if all our devices log in. :o :oops:

20. Wheat1328

You could probably send Frogmind a message asking to remove them since you've got the "in" with those guys. ;) :lol: